‹ Prequel: Living in the Shadows
Status: Active

Running from a Vengeance

We've been through a lot, but how will we get out of this one?: Chapter 17

* Ayla *

What was I going to do? This hadn’t worked out as planned. They were supposed to get Belle and Matt or kill them. They weren’t supposed to bring home a new girl. She was lying on the bed across from me. I was supposed to watch her until she woke up. She was dressed like a hooker. I knew that these guys liked skimpy looking girls. They were going to fondle over her and I was going to be nothing to them. Zack was going to want nothing to do with me. She started making grunting noises. She woke up slowly and looked around. Zack had knocked her out hard when she started screaming the other night.

She looked over at me. She didn’t scream though, she just sat up and looked at me quizzically. “Good thing you’re not screaming, or we’d kill you.” I warned her nicely. “We don’t want to do that.”

I got up and walked out of the room. I locked it before walking to Zack’s room to tell him that she was awake. She began pounding on the door. I stopped mid-step and turned around. At this point they had given me a gun incase she got out of hand. I opened the door and held it at her skull. She looked at me with a terrified expression.

“Now listen to me and listen close.” I brought my face close to hers. “Zack and the others might have a difficult time killing you because they think you’re hot and you’ll be good for sex. I on the other hand have no problem killing you at all. So keep on being a bitch and banging on that door. I dare you.”

A tear fell down her face and I snickered. Now I understood why these guys did this, the power felt amazing. I was able to tell this woman how she was going to live her life. There was no way she was going to fuck with my man if she knew the consequences. I walked out the door, locked it and walked away. She wasn’t banging this time. I opened Zack’s door.

“She up?” He asked, looking over at me.

“Yeah she’s up.” I smiled at him. As he walked by I placed my hand on his but he ignored it and walked out the door. My heart sunk and I followed him to the room. He opened the door and walked inside. She was standing next to the open window. She had been trying to take out the screen.

“What’s your name?” I asked, scowling at her.

“It’s Mila.” Zack said looking at her. “It took me a while, I used to know all these girls.”

“Well who are they?” I was growing more and more angry by the moment. Now he knew her.

“Gary’s little harem girls. He pays them to stay around his house and have sex with him. Almost like playboy I guess.” He looked Mila up and down. “Yep, she used to be Matt’s favorite.”

“I still am!” She spat at him. “I always will be! I don’t like that bitch he brought back! Fortunately I could get her away from him but now you’ve fucked that all up!”

Zack chuckled. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was thinking up an idea. He looked right at Mila. “Well then, it looks like you may be able to help us after all.”

* Belle *

It was early morning, and Matt was driving. The sun reflected off his glasses and he turned to smile at me. “Good morning. I got coffee.”

I looked at the Dunkin Donut’s cup sitting in the cup holder. I took a sip. Coffee had never tasted so good. “Thanks.”

“No problem. I’ve been thinking, and I want to talk to you.” I adjusted myself in the seat and sat up. I worked on re-doing my ponytail while he spoke. “So, I know that you must hate me, I know what you think of me, but I need to confess something.”

“Go for it.” I urged with a strong tone. I wasn’t about to let him come up with some flimsy excuse.

“My father was telling you some of those things because he’s fallen for you. When he falls for a woman and he wants her to stay in the house he’ll do and say anything to get her to stay.” I didn’t believe him, but let him continue. He took in a deep breath. “Now, I know my actions weren’t the best, but I wanted to prove to myself how much you really cared about me. I felt that you stopped caring about me, and when I saw you with my father I just lost it.” He grabbed my hand tightly. His hand was shaking furiously. “Belle.” He said quietly and pulled over. He took off his sunglasses and looked into my eyes. “I don’t want what happened in that house to change our feelings for each other. I love you, and I know you love me, so please don’t-“

I saw the blue lights flashing against the roof of the car. The sirens were loud as many police cars surrounded us. I gasped and looked at Matt with big eyes. Above us I heard a helicopter. “Matt, no.”

“Keep your hands off the steering wheel! We have you surrounded!” They came over and ripped Matt from the vehicle. They ripped his hands behind his back and pulled them together in handcuffs.

“No!” I screamed. “No! He’s innocent! You can’t take him!” Another one pulled me from the vehicle and brought me to their vehicle. I was sat in the back, screaming all the time. I cried and sobbed. They put Matt into the back of the car and they took us away. How were we going to get out of this one? How?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I don't know if the e-mail for the one before this sent out or not, didn't have any comments. Hopefully will this time. Love you guys