Status: Slow, cause I don't want to *** this up. But updates will hopefully be frequent.

Fly baby, Take Off.

Perfection.

Tonight, for the first time in a while, I was trying to impress someone, I went to a lot of effort to organise my outfit. I didn’t want it to be too dressy and out of place, we were just having a candle lit dinner on the beach and he was going to sing to me. And maybe just maybe I was going to sing to him too. I decided on my owl body suit with my black high waist shorts and my black jacket. It matched with my black thongs and I dressed it up by applying red lipstick and a lot of silver jewellery. I wasn’t trying to make a statement I was merely trying to impress the guy, I just wanted to look good for him and let him know that I'm making this effort because of him, and maybe just maybe he’ll make the first move tonight, or ask me out again. I don’t really know what I’m hoping to get out of this, or if anything will come out of it. I just want to have a good time, and hopefully he does too. Although I am curious as to what song he has chosen to sing to me.

Once I was ready I walked out onto my veranda and saw candles in all these jars lighting a path to where Brody had placed the picnic rug. In his hands was his guitar and I smiled softly at the way he neatly presented himself, maybe he was trying to impress me too.

I started walking down along the path as our eyes met and we both shared a small welcoming smile. He picked up his guitar and started to softly strum on the guitar, and let his voice echo out into the sea.

“Say would you come with me tonight
And I'll show you
Close your eyes
And just be here with me my love
Tonight we'll dance for a million years
It's not enough you see
I'm a fool if I'm not here with you”

I slowly made my way up to where he was sitting and sat opposite him, talking in every word that had so far been uttered. He continued to strum the guitar and send shivers down me spine as he looked into my eyes and continued…
“Sing it out now sing it out now with me
I wanna hear you sing
Say would you come with me tonight
And I'll show you love
It's so hard to find
But somewhere here I know we share it
Say would you dance with me tonight
With you and me this could be so right
Close your eyes
And take my hands one at a time
Tonight we'll fly away
To where you know I can not say but this
I'm a fool if I'm not in love with you
I'm a fool
I should've told you from the start
The way I feel inside
It's not enough just to be here
To make this work
You need my heart
So take my hand
I'll show you everything
Say would you come with me tonight
And I'll show you love
It's so hard to find
But somewhere here I know we share it
Say would you dance with me tonight
With you and me this could be so right
I'm a fool
I should've told you from the start
The way I feel inside
It's not enough just to be here
To make this work
You need my heart
So take my hand
I'll show you everything
Say would you come with me tonight
Love is here to stay because we share it
Say, would you come with me tonight
And I'll show you love
It's so hard to find
But standing here I know we share it
Say would you dance with me tonight
With you and me this could be so right”


By the end of the song I just wanted to hug him, it was the sweetest thing someone had ever done for me. This boy was purely amazing.

“So is it good enough for you to sing to me now?” He asked placing the guitar on the ground and lying down on his back pulling me next to him.
“It was perfect. I don’t want to spoil that.” I replied, feeling embarrassed by the purity of his voice.
“You couldn’t ruin anything, even if you tried” He replied sweetly, as my heart skipped a beat. This boy was driving me insane. I couldn’t argue with him, because everything he said was just so sincere and he meant everything that came out of his lips. He had this void around him that literally zapped any sort of negative charge that you had in your head the world just looked so much better from this position.
He was making me dance on my tip-toes around the delicate nature of this perfect bubble that he'd so effortlessly created for the two of us, and sorry if that sounds too cryptic for you but the way I was feeling inside, had nothing on the energy coming off the two of us. I felt at ease with him around me. And I wanted nothing less than to spend as much time as possible with him by my side.

“I’ll dance with you tonight, and you can show me love that's hard to find. This feels so right” I whispered into his ear.
As he turned his head and smiled at me and kissed me on the lips.
“So, what have we actually got to eat?” I asked peering into the basket full of goodies.
“Well, I have a bottle of champagne. To celebrate us, and I didn’t really know if you were that hungry and whether or not you actually wanted a proper dinner date. So I just brought a whole lot of food, biscuits, dips, crackers, and strawberries and chocolate sauce” He rambled as he pulled everything out of the basket.

“Looks like a pretty good feast to me” I replied looking down on all the food as I opened the packet of biscuits and avocado dip.

We sat down and ate for a while, making small chatter about what we’d done that day. I told him about Dad’s surprise look on his face when I gave him the necklace. He said that it was really thoughtful, and that he would keep it with him forever. He told me about his wonderful day patrolling the beach and the stupidity of some teenage boys, which I just laughed at, and reminded him of his attitude at the party. Which he blushed and went all quite about, a little embarrassed.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t play so hard to get?” He replied as I laughed at him.
“Me, I wasn’t really the one looking for anyone at the time. So I don’t what you’re talking about, you just seemed to become so attached to me” I replied playing with him.
“Ha, well it worked didn’t it?” He replied.
“Yes, it worked very well indeed” I replied as I smiled into his eyes.
“Can you please sing for me now?” He asked softly looking into my eyes, and handing me the guitar.
“Okay, but I can’t say this is going to be the best cover ever, and or choice of song. But I suppose it has something to do with us, and I know it’s early days but this song is quite cute. And I really like it.” I said as I picked up the guitar and tuned it and started to play.

”Elevator buttons and morning air
Strangers' silence makes me want to take the stairs
If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now my time is theirs
Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours
You never know what people have up their sleeves
Ghosts from your past gonna jump out at me
Lurking in the shadows with their lip gloss smiles
But I don't care 'cause right now you're mine
And you'll say
Don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours
And it's not theirs to speculate
If it's wrong and
Your hands are tough
But they are where mine belong and
I'll fight their doubt and give you faith
With this song for you
'Cause I love the gap between your teeth
And I love the riddles that you speak
And any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos will be ignored
'Cause my heart is yours
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
Don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
But they can't take what's ours
They can't take what's ours
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours”


Once I had finished I smiled at him, as he smiled back. I placed the guitar down on the blanket as he knelt on his knees and brought our lips together, perfectly. Brody in all his glory can pick the perfect moments, to take my breath away, and to do it so effortlessly, drives me insane.
"So, can I come with you tonight, and fall asleep beside you?" I whispered in his ear. He looked into my eyes and smiled, and sealed the question on my lips with a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated.
x