Status: Slight hiatus: we're both acquiring rapidly growing social lives.

The Alex and Charlie Format

Three

Charlie yawned and snuggled back into his pillow. They'd stayed up all night watching re-runs of Dr. Who and Charlie was in no mood to wake up yet, even though he would waste away the weekend if he didn't.

Alex was in the kitchen making tea, wishing for the umpteenth time that they had a quieter kettle and hoping he didn't wake Charlie. He opened his laptop up on the counter to check emails and video comments and such as he waited for the water to boil.

Not thirty seconds later, Charlie was sitting on the edge of his bed, a small groan escaping his lips. He glanced at the clock and stared for a moment. Was it really past noon already? He sighed and stood, rubbing his face as he entered the main room, then the dining room. Several hairs stood up on his head and the rest arbitrarily shuffled.

Alex looked up when he heard Charlie moving around. "You really need to do something about that hair of yours," he chuckled, grabbing another mug out of the cupboard and pouring tea out for them both.

Charlie stuck his tongue out behind him and sat down, directly where Alex was sitting. "My hair is perfect, thank you," he replied, smoothing it down a bit while he wasn't looking.

"If you say so mate," Alex said with a grin, reaching around Charlie to grab his tea. Though his did have to admit to himself the boy looked cute with sticky-outy hair.

Charlie took a sip of his own tea. It was the perfect warmth. He sighed and let his head drop on the table, scooting Alex's computer away a bit. He didn't feel like doing anything that day, or waking up. "I'm not allowed to stay up late anymore," he grumbled.

"You say that every time, and then it's 'let's watch the fifth series of Doctor Who again!' Or 'I've just got to finish this level of Super Mario Bros Galaxy 2 again!' Or something, and then you don't wake up till after noon the next day," Alex chuckled, patting Charlie's head.

Charlie smirked and put his head up, nudging him. "And you let me up so long!" he countered, reaching his feet over and plopping them on the next chair.

"Yeah..well..I want to watch Doctor Who and finish Super Mario Bros Galaxy 2 too, so I'm not exactly going to stop you," Alex shrugged, taking another sip of tea.

"And that, sir," he said, pointing a finger, "make you a terrible man." Charlie smirked and let his hand flop down on the table.

"Ahh, but I do make good tea," Alex said with a grin, finishing his off.

"And an all right microwave meal," he pointed out, smiling at Alex. He kept his eyes there a moment, admiring him for a few seconds so as it wouldn't be suspicious.

"Exactly," Alex said smugly, finding himself enjoying the way Charlie's eyes lingered on him.