Status: Slight hiatus: we're both acquiring rapidly growing social lives.

The Alex and Charlie Format

Four

Charlie paused, glanced into the kitchen, then stood with a smile, taking his tea into the living room. He suspected Alex would want his computer back and his seat.

Alex pouted a little to himself when Charlie left, he like having the boy's warmth on his lap. After a moment, he closed his laptop and followed Charlie into the living room, plopping himself down on the couch.

Charlie groaned when he walked over. "Here I was, moving because I thought you wanted to get things done." He reached over and flicked his shoulder. "Tell me next time, so I don't move unnecessarily."

"Aww, I'm sorry," Alex said, holding back a chuckle, "I though you moved cause you were uncomfortable."

Charlie took a sip of his tea, suspiciously eyeing him the entire time besides a split second when he closed his eyes, enjoying it.

"What?" Alex asked, a tiny grin making its was onto his face as he sat back on the couch, pulling one leg up to rest on the other.

Charlie smirked when he sputtered tea back into his cup. "It's okay," he said, shaking his head with a laugh. "I hadn't intended to drink that or anything."

Alex laughed with him, "I still don't understand why you were looking at me so suspiciously," he said, shaking his head.

Charlie shrugged and took a drink of his tea, a small sip. "I dunno, either," he said, looking at the TV with a grin.

Alex shook his head with a laugh. "You're crazy," he said with a laugh, hitting him with a pillow, lightly so he didn't spill his tea.

Charlie's arms moved and he opened his mouth wide, thinking he would spill his tea, but not actually doing it. He carefully set it down, then grabbed the pillow and threw it at his best mate.

"Oi!" Alex exclaimed, "What was that for?" He asked, pouting dramatically and hugging the pillow to his chest.

Charlie grabbed another pillow and tossed it at him, looking at the ceiling and whistling after he had. He looked over with a false innocent look. "Sorry, what?"

Alex huffed and moved so he was sitting on top of his friend, facing him.
"Try throwing a pillow at me now," he challenged with a smirk.

Charlie grunted. He stretched his arm back for a pillow and threw it up at him. In no time, it had bounced right back down to the floor. He smirked. "Done."

Alex narrowed his eyes. "Fluke shot," he said, not moving off his lap.

"I'd prove you wrong but I'm at a loss," Charlie said with a smug grin. There were no more pillows around for him and Alex sitting on him was getting a bit heavy, but he didn't dare ask him to get off- he didn't want him to.

"And Alex wins again!" He announced triumphantly. His eyes flicked down to Charlie's lips, and he was suddenly nervous at the thoughts that entered his mind.

Charlie whined and reached around again for a pillow. "Because you're sitting on me!" he defended, although he was grinning.

"Because you're comfortable," Alex countered, poking his nose and grinning back at him.

Charlie huffed, but grinned. He finally fell silent, just gazing at Alex, then when he caught himself, away at the TV. He'd give it a minute or two before he complained about Alex being on top of him.

Alex watching him for a minute, unable to stop smiling to himself. Then, without really realising he was doing it, he pressed his lips to his.