Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Thirty

After Eve and Jacob had reunited, time seemed to fly by for the couple as months passed. They spent all their free time together and tried to never be apart for long periods of time. They had been through the pain of that and never wanted to experience it again.

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Well, I love you most." Eve retorted, kissing his lips quickly.

"Impossible." Jacob laughed, recapturing her lips and holding her close.

As they pulled away, Eve smiled. "Alright... you win this round." She whispered.

Jacob pulled her down onto his sofa and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Are you absolutely sure that you have to go to Los Angeles this weekend?"

"Mm-hm," She nodded, burying her head into his chest. "

"Yea... but I don't know why you're so down about it, I mean you're coming with me."

He gently brought her away from him and looked at her with a puzzled expression. "What are you talking about?"

"You and Embry are coming with Dylan and I to Los Angeles."

"Sam put us both on patrol this weekend, he won't let us—"

"Yes, he will. We persuaded Emily to convince him to." Eve laughed. "It's all set. You just have to pack."

"God, I love you." Jacob grinned, kissing her lips tenderly.

Eve pulled away and then bit her lip. "Why don't you prove it to me...?"

Jacob smirked and got up from the couch, throwing Eve over his shoulder and carrying her into his bedroom.

The plane landed in Los Angeles International at around noon time and the group of four were picked up by Anthony in the large SUV. The car ride home was filled with Eve, Dylan, and occasionally Anthony, explaining LA to the two boys who only really knew La Push and Port Angeles. When they pulled up to their home, the boys' jaws dropped.

"You... have a nice... home..." Jacob said.

"Thanks." Dylan and Eve replied.

When they entered the home, the girls were engulfed in hugs by their parents.

"Hello, Eve, Dylan." Evan greeted.

"Girls, it's so good to see you again." Joanne gushed.

"Hey, mom, dad." They replied, hugging them back just as happily.

After their hellos, Eve cleared her throat. "Dad, mom, this is Jacob Black, my boyfriend."

"And this is my boyfriend, Embry Call."

"It's nice to meet you boys, I assume that you'll take very good care of our daughters...?" Evan greeted them with a handshake. "My name's Evan Saunders, by the way."

"My name is Joanne Saunders, charmed I'm sure."

"Nice to meet you both." Jacob replied.

"It's a pleasure, sir, ma'am." Embry agreed, causing the girls to both giggle lightly and Jacob to look over his friend curiously, fighting the urge to bust out laughing.

"Oh please, just call us by our names, nothing formal." Evan instructed, laughing himself.

"So mom, what was so urgent that we had to come down this weekend?" Dylan asked.

"Oh, right! Well, how about we all sit down in the family room?" She suggested leading everyone away into another room. Once everyone was seated and comfortable, Joanne smiled and leaned forward in her chair. "Alright, well, at a board meeting we were having earlier this week the topic of the fashion show was brought up. We discussed models and one of my partners suggested you both. Eve was immediately accepted because she was in last years and after some discussion, so were you, Dylan."

"You mean we're both in it...?!" Dylan squealed.

"Yes! Congratulations, girls!"

Eve hugged Dylan and couldn't stop grinning. "Oh Dyl, the fashion show is amazing! You're going to love it!"

"We're both going to do it together! This is so incredible!"

"I"m proud of you, Eve." Jacob smiled, hugging and kissing his girlfriend atop the head.

"Thanks," she laughed out.

"You deserve this, Dylan. I love you." Embry told her.

"Aw, thanks, Embry. I love you, too."

Evan and Joanne stood up and excused themselves, stated that they had to return back to work, and left with a quick goodbye to everyone. Eve then turned to the boys and just had to ask....

"So... what are you guys wearing to the fashion show?"

"This," both boys replied in unison, gesturing to their denim pants and tight shirts.

The step-sisters looked at one another and shook their heads. "Yea, right, get up." Eve ordered.

"Why?" Jacob inquired.

"We're going shopping!!" Dylan squealed, yanking her boyfriend up from his seat and out the door.

"Just be glad you're not Embry right now."

"I already am." He replied, kissing her lips and walking out of the home hand-in-hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of long time lapse, huh?
Only one more chapter and then the epilogue!
Also, special thanks to WalkingOnBrokenGlass for the comment! :)

I don't really have much to say this chapter except...
Next chapter will have a few links, just saying so you know.
Also, I plan on submitting the Epilogue on February 1st/2nd (depending on where you live). I chose this day because it was the day that I posted the very first chapter of this story. (:
I hope you will comment!
Thank you for reading!