Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 19 The Infirmary

---Carmen's PoV---

"Locus!" I heard before spinning my head around, looking over in the direction of the food counters. One of the cooks lifted a tray about an inch, I nodded and got up. I walked over and picked the tray of plates up, being careful of how it was balanced before walking towards the doors and pushing it open. Walking down the hallway I allowed my thoughts to wander for the second time since returning here with my older brother. I silently worried about Spade, and I at least now knew why he's always been so protective of me, he's my mate. I still kinda can't believe he never told me before, then again it wasn't like he could just say, 'Hey Carm, werewolves, vampires and witches exists, and you're my soul-mate.' I think I would have punched him square in the face. But at least he had the decency to beat around the bush and try to keep me from freaking out. At least as much as possible. I stopped walking and glanced around me quickly, noticing a blur in the corner of my eye when I glanced behind me. I groaned and face-palmed myself mentally. 'Great, I'm being followed, better get lunch delivered and this problem dealt with as quickly as possible.'

I speed walked down the last few hallways and used my elbow to open the door to the infirmary. "Guys, I got pizza!" I said glancing in the direction I came from. I shut the door as quickly as possible and Kyla bounced over to me to grab the tray, she noticed I was on edge and gave me a questioning look to which I held my finger up. She nodded and I silently pulled a string with a tiny bell on it out of my pocket as quietly as possible and tied the string to the doorknob. I moved away and peaked behind Shina's curtain and winced when I saw that her head was wrapped in bandages. I heard Kyla clearing her throat and I looked over at her, she gave a pointed look to the door and I scowled slightly before motioning her and Jake over to me. "I think I got followed but I'm not sure, I saw a blur out of the corner of my eye on my way here but I've been staying cautious since." I whispered. They nodded and I walked over to Colin, "how's the pizza?" I asked smiling a little. He grinned and gave a quick thumbs up before stuffing the rest of the slice in his mouth. I grinned and nodded, and walked to the bed. I pulled myself up and stared at the curtain separating my brother from my friend. I saw Colin look up at me then at the curtain, "who's on the otherside of that curtain?" I jumped when he spoke up and looked at him.

"My friend, Shina. She got hurt earlier." He frowned and looked down at his plate.

I snapped my head up when I heard the light tinkle of the bell hopping off the bed I step into the walkway. My dad stood in the doorway, brow raised looking at the doorknob. "Should have known that you'd realize I was following you," he said smirking. He looked up at me as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Found Collin, and met the forever cruel Jade." I said curtly. His eyes widened and he looked around quickly. "Where is she?" He asked, panic crossing his features. I scoffed, "Not here, Jake ported Collin, Kyla, Lucas and I back as soon as Collin got within reaching distance. Nice of you to worry about my sadistic Aunt rather than your own children's well-being." I snapped. He paled and looked up at me, "where is Jade?" He asked again slowly, I huffed and looked at Jake and Kyla. Hoping that they knew the answer to his question. They were looking at my father with doubt. Ivy came in and side-stepped my father, she was dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a tight black t-shirt.

"The old pack-house, that's where she is," she said coldly, looking at my father the same way my friends were, I must have missed some sort of memo for their behavior. Ivy looked at me and her gaze softened a little, "Carmen, are you and your brother alright? What happened to Sara?" My dad sped out of the room leaving me staring at the now empty doorway. Frowning a little I turned my attention back to Ivy, "We're fine, and Sara," I trailed off for a moment before continuing, " Let's just say she has acquired a taste of her own medicine. In one of the cells." I said as I heard a sharp intake of breath from my left, Colin was looking at me with wide-eyes. Ivy sighed and I noticed her shake her head.

"Oh goddess, what did you do?"

Smirking in her direction, "nothing much really, put her in a sleeper hold and when she was down for the count I placed her in the cuffs she had Lucas in."

Kyla huffed and I heard rustling from behind the curtain, "atta girl, that outta show her who to mess with," I heard Shina say quietly, my eyes widened and Kyla and I ran to the curtain and ripped it aside to pounce on our now awakened friend. She grinned but ended up wincing and placed her hand to her head, "ow, shit, the hell happened to my skull?" she asked. I frowned a little and said, "you got kicked into a tree, literally, and that was all I heard. Before I got kidnapped and chloroformed."

"What?!" Shina screeched, wincing I rubbed my ear nodding slowly. "Bloody hell! Why do I keep missing all the fun?!"

Kyla and I chuckled and shrugged before I continued filling her in, "Did you really want to miss the cold glares I had received from my moms identical twin? Or the quick escape made with my older twin brother in tow?"

"Wait, wait, your ma had a twin, and you have a twin?"

I smirked and nodded slightly, "start from when you got kidnapped and don't leave a single detail out girly." Sighing I did as told, when I had finished she was staring at me mouth agape, shutting it she glanced around quickly, "well? Where is he? I wanna meet him!" Raising an eyebrow I slid off the bed and walked around the curtain and jabbed a finger in Shina's direction, "You wanna meet an awesome yet crazy person?" I asked Collin, who was looking slightly worried, he reluctantly nodded and got up and walked around the curtain.

Shina started bouncing in her seat when he came around and I was beginning to wonder what drugs they gave her, I heard the infirmary doors slam open and I stepped into the walkway to see what was going on. Spade came running towards me, a bit bloodied, but unharmed, I glanced behind him and saw several people bringing in stretchers of people. Frowning, I looked at Spade, who stopped in front of me and pulled me in for a hug. "What happened?" I asked, seeing a lot of healers come running in.

Spade shook his head, "Your dad and Jade got into it and Jade turned out to be a witch, a lot of people got caught in the cross-fire."
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N~~~

I love music, just thought I'd put that out there since I seem to be writing more while listening to it *grins*

So Carmen and Collin's dad was acting a little weird... for what reason we may never know -just had the tootsie-pop commercial pop into my head for no freaking reason at all-