Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 2 Questions and Answers

"Yes! Finally we're out of here!" I cheered. Doing a slight happy dance.

"Yeah, who would have thought that school can be so full of boring," Spade stated.

"Well, I guess we've gotta split up. I have to get home, my mom's going to fry my ass if I don't get there on time tonight." Kyla informed me looking a little worried. Shina piped up also saying, "I have to get going as well, I need to pick my little brother up from soccer practice, chores will be chores I guess." I sighed.

"Let me guess you have to run as well, Spade?" I asked feeling quite annoyed.

He looked over toward me "Yeah, don't start Carm, I think you should head home as well." He trailed off looking behind me. "Not funny, who the hell is behind me?" I asked straightening up with aggravation coating each word.

"Why Carmel, I'm kind of hurt that you didn't turn around by now," at which point I spun around with my mouth agape.

"Dad." I took a deep breath. "H-how are you still alive?" I stuttered trying to find more words to say.

"Not now Carm, Spade, can I speak to your mom? Carmen you'll have to come with me."

"Yeah, sure. Have nothing better to do right now any ways," I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay then, Kyla call your mom, inform her you're going with Shina to go get her brother, then you'll return home right away."

"Yea, yea, I know that," she said rolling her eyes. I smirked. We all mostly parted ways.

"So," I said, uncomfortable with the silence. "What to talk about."

"I know what you mean Carm," Spade said kicking a stray can further and further.

"So how have you rugrats been?" My dad asked uncomfortably.

"Surviving. Hating being bored at the moment." I dully noted. He chuckled.

As we reached Spade's house I saw his little sister, Sarina, come running out. "So, Spade, how'd you do on your test? Did ya flunk?" She insisted. He sighed and pulled out the test.

"I didn't fail Sarina. In fact I got 100 percent" He said showing her the test. She whined, "Aw man."

I held back my laughter as she ran back inside. I left my shoes at the door and proceeded through the living room to Spade's bedroom. I entered his room, still expecting boxes stacked alongside his desk. I was wrong, then again, he, his mom and sister moved into this house half a year ago. Sitting on the chair in front of his desk. Spade entered his room two minutes later, "Got that taken care of, Sarina shouldn't bother us." He trailed off before going to go sit on his bed.

I sighed, running a hand through my two-toned brown and red hair. "I need a big explanation."

Sarina knocked at the door and entered carrying drinks.

"Here you go Carmen," Sarina said handing me a drink.

I took the drink and examined it carefully, simply Kool-Aid. Go figure.

"Here's a reminder Sarina, eavesdrop at all and I'll tell mom about the cookie incident."

She gasped and ran to her room slamming Spade's bedroom door shut screaming, "Meanie!" I smirked.

"So you never had the slightest idea that your dad was even alive?" He asked.

I shook my head as I turned towards him. He sighed.

"I saw him with my mom in the fire, in their bedroom. He told me to get out of the house, I was so scared, yet, I managed to get out." I trailed off looking into the distance.

"I know. I remember hearing about it," Spade said trying not to say much more. We heard a rustle nearby, I jumped when I saw a shadow under the door, Spade signaled for me to keep quiet as he crept to the door, I followed behind as silently as possible. He placed his hand on the knob and flung the door open. "Sarina! Now I get to tell mom!" Spade exclaimed threateningly to his sister.

"Don't, please don't, I won't do it again!" Sarina promised.

I began to chuckle quietly.

"Tell me what?" Spade's mom said coming from around the corner with a smirk, she winked at me telling me that she already knew.

"Nothing Mom! I didn't do anything wrong!" Sarina said tearing up.

At which point I had to turn around, walk back into Spade's room and close the door to try to muffle my laughter. Which failed by the way.

After about five minutes of that Spade came in laughing. I was still trying to get control of my breathing. When we finally got that under control I asked him, "Do you know how my dad is still alive?"

"He most probably got out somehow, he was pretty burnt up last time I saw him, it wasn't as bad as when I saw him when my mom brought him into the clinic."

"But how, shouldn't he still have scars? I mean the fire happened a year and a half ago."

"No, not for the way he is."

"What do you mean? 'The way he is'?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"You never figured out that every time you've been right it's because you've seen it happen. You have precognition. And you're a vampire." He said staring down at the ground.