Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active. Working on an update.

She's the Drug That I Need

Chapter 7

“Hat?”

“Yep.”

“Sunglasses?”

“Yep.”

“Sun screen.”

“Yep.

“Water?”

“Yep.”

“Water wings?”

“Yep.”

“Towel”

“Yep.”

“Okay, now I think that’s everything. All we need it your daddy.” Sarah said after she had run through everything that they needed to take to the beach with them.

“He coming soon?” Jenni asked.

“He should be here any minute baby.” She replied with a smile, hearing a car pull up onto the driveway. “I think that might be him now.”

She watched as her daughter ran over to the large window to take a look, jumping up and down with excitement when she recognised Brian’s car.

“Come on then, let’s not keep him waiting.” She said grabbing their large beach bag and holding out her hand for her daughter to take.

“Hello Daddy!” she cheered as they reached the car, Sarah making sure she was secure in the car seat before getting into the passenger seat next to Brian.

“Hey Princess, you got everything?” he asked.

“Yep.” She replied with a smile, pointing to Jenni’s bag.

“Even a bucket and spade so we can build sandcastles?” he asked as he backed out of the driveway.

Jenni’s face fell as she shook her head, “No, mommy, we forgot the bucket and spade.” She replied.

“Ooops.” She replied “Um…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll buy you one when we get there.” Brian told her watching in the rear view mirror as a smile reappeared on his daughters lips.

“Fank you daddy.”

Arriving at the beach, Brian took out a picnic hamper and blanket before taking Jenni over to the small beach shop to buy a bucket and spade. They then made their way down the beach a little, finding a place to set out the blanket.

“Okay, now that we’re settled, first things first.” Sarah said taking the sunscreen out of her bag. Jenni plopped down in front of her mother and allowed her to cover her small body in lotion.

“And you mommy.” she said as Sarah put the lotion back into the bag. “And daddy as well.”

Brian and Sarah looked at each other and smiled. “I’ll do your back if you’ll do mine.” She said holding out the bottle for Brian.

He hesitated for a brief moment, but then took the bottle with a smile, moving to sit behind Sarah as she removed her top.

She jumped slightly as his hands made contact with her skin. “Sorry, is it cold?” he asked quietly, her eyes closing as she felt his breath on the back of her neck.

“Just a bit.” She replied opening her eyes again, resisting the urge to sigh as his hands worked lower.

“Sorry. I like your tattoo by the way. I don’t remember you having it before.” he replied.

“That’s because it wasn’t there before.” she said with a smirk as she took the bottle of cream from beside him and moved so that she was behind him. “I got it after Jenni was born. If you look closely her date of birth is in it. Now, how am I supposed to put cream on you with that shirt on?”

Brian chuckled and pulled his shirt up over his head, Sarah squeezing out some lotion onto her hand, smiling as Brian jumped at her touch. “See, it is cold.” She said as she ran her hands over his toned back, remembering all the times she hand dug her nails into it or ran her fingers over it.

It was Hell for Brian; all he wanted to do was moan softly as soon as she placed her hands onto his body. As if it wasn’t bad enough seeing her in a bikini and rubbing sun lotion over her smooth tanned skin. Feeling movement within his shorts, he knew he needed a distraction. Clearing his throat, he turned to his daughter who had started to fill her new bucket with sand.

“You know, we may need some water to make really good sandcastles.” He said as he tried to block out the feel of Sarah’s hands sliding down his tattooed arms like she had done so many times before under very different circumstances.

“Come and help daddy?” she said standing up.

“Of course sweetie.” he replied also standing up, lifting her up into his arms.
Sarah sat back and watched them head down towards the ocean, suddenly realising that she was actually paying close attention to Brian. “Oh God Sarah! What are you doing?” she muttered to herself, falling back onto the blanket and staring up at the clear blue sky. “You’re getting married in a few months and not to him.” she rolled over, folding her arms above her and burying her face into them.

***

Making sure that Jenni was covered in shade while she slept, Sarah turned back to Brian who was packing away the picnic hamper.

“She adores you. You are so good with her.” she said quietly with a smile.

“I love her and love spending time with her. I can’t wait to have her for the whole month while you’re on honeymoon.” He said returning her smile.

“What?” she yelled, glancing quickly to see if she had woken Jenni.

“You, um, you didn’t know about that?” he asked nervously.

“No! I mean, Seth and I had talked about you having her while we were away, but we had agreed that I would ask you. And even then it would only be for a week.” She replied.

“Oh. But who’s looking after her for the other three weeks?” he asked confused.

“No one, she’ll be with me. I’m not having a month long honeymoon. When did Seth talk to you about this?” she said.

“That night when I drove you home after you came down, when you were putting Jenni in bed.” he explained.

“Excuse me a second.” She said as she grabbed her cell phone from the beach bag and stood up.

“Hey baby how’s the beach?” Seth asked cheerfully as he answered.

“Don’t give me that! When the fuck were you going to tell me that you were planning a month long honeymoon and that you’d already asked Brian to look after Jenni the entire time.” She spat down the phone.

“It was going to be a surprise baby.” He replied quickly.

“Well there is no way that I am going on a four week honeymoon. Not without my daughter anyway.” She replied sternly.

“But I wanted it to be just the two of us.” Seth protested.

“Then we go for a week. Not a day longer.” She said.

“But-“

“But nothing, it’s going to be hard enough being away from her for a week, either like it or lump it.” she replied hanging up the phone.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to cause an argument.” Brian said as she sat back down next to him.

“No it’s okay. I’m glad you told me. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t have found out until we were ready to get on the plane or whatever.” She replied with a small smile.

“It’ll still be nice looking after her for that week though.” He replied. “If that’s still okay.”

Sarah sighed and nodded with a smile, “Of course it’s okay Bri, I’m sorry I got angry. It’s not your fault. He shouldn’t have asked you without me knowing.”

“If I had known that it was something he was doing behind your back I wouldn’t have agreed to it.” he replied.

“Don’t worry about it.” she told him. “You weren’t to know that he can be a sneaky little asshole.”

“He was only trying to make sure you had a honeymoon to remember.” Brian said quietly.

“You defending him Haner?” she asked quirking an eyebrow as a grin formed on her lips.

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” he said. “So when is the big day anyway?”

“Ten weeks on Saturday.” She replied with a faint smile.
Brian nodded, “Are you heading straight off on honeymoon that night?”

“I’m not sure, quite possibly yeah. I’ll talk to Seth later and let you know so that we can sort out you picking up Jenni.” She replied “You still up for having her this weekend?”

“Yeah, I’ve been looking forward to it.” he told her.

“No spoiling her mind, especially not while I’m away. Don’t let her have you wrapped around her little finger, cos she’s good at that.” she lightly warned.

“I won’t, although I can’t be held responsible for anyone else. Some of the guys have been helping me decorate the spare room for her and have been making sure that there are plenty of clothes and toys and shit for her and last Sunday, McKenna was nagging my dad to get her old toys and stuff out of the attic so that she could give them to her as well.” He replied watching a smile creep onto Sarah’s lips.

“Oh Lord!” she muttered “I had a big enough battle getting Seth’s family to calm down with her; I haven’t got a hope in Hell with your family have I?”

“Probably not, no.” he chuckled. “But I’ll try to keep them all in line.”

“Thanks.” She replied with a smile as Jenni stirred next to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm spicing things up a bit in the next chapter...just so you know...

Sarah

Comments? Thoughts? Love? Hate?