A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Why Do You Have To Be The Voice Of Reason?

(Pete’s POV)
“Is Amanda back yet?” I asked Brendon.

“No not yet. Calm down. You would think that she has stood you up for a date or something.” Brendon said laughing.

“I’m sorry. I’m just worried. I don’t want her dad to know the truth that she isn’t really staying at Sam’s.” I said sitting on the couch in the entertainment room.

“Pete are you still going to exact your revenge? Amanda seems like a nice girl and after everything you have told me about her, I don’t want to see her get hurt. Plus if you are you need to ditch any feelings you may have towards her.” Brendon said reasoning with me.

“Brendon I want her father to pay. But I don’t want to drag Amanda in the middle. It isn’t her fault and he was her father at one time. I don’t really know what I am feeling towards her. I want to protect her though from her dad. I don’t want her to be turned and yet I think he has some plan for her. Why else would he wait this long and not turn her yet?” I asked Brendon puzzled.

“Do you remember what her dad said before he bit me?” Brendon asked sitting on the floor.

“Yes. Besides, maybe you will have what it takes to take care of my daughter when the time comes. When the time comes worries me, Brendon.” I said repeating what her dad had told us.

“Surely he wasn’t planning on biting every male to make a suitor for her.” Brendon said confused.

“No. I think he meant something else but I don’t understand it either.” I said just as confused. “I did give Amanda the necklace I give out to the people we rescue. I told her it would protect her if she needed help and we weren’t there. But I gave it to her because I am starting to care more about her. I don’t know what to do, Brendon. I almost kissed her before Sam came in and dragged her away.” I said.

“You did what?” He asked surprised.

“She has this way of reading people with their eyes. She senses things and she saw who I am good and bad. When I showed her what happened to me and you, I saw what kind of person she was in return. She just didn’t know that.” I said.

“Wow. Well, I like her friend. I thought she was cute.” Brendon said.

“Brendon you like any girl you see.” I said laughing.

“No, this one was different. Maybe she won’t run this time when she finds out I am a vampire. Plus if she’s Amanda’s friend then she’s guaranteed to be cool as long as she doesn’t knee me.” He said.

“Whatever, man.” I said rolling my eyes.

“See that is your problem. I try to date. Preferably the girls we save because at least they know what we are ahead of time.” Brendon said looking at me.

“Yeah and you get shot down every time.” I said laughing again.

“Look you haven’t had a relationship in a long time. Actually I can’t recall you having one since being a vampire.” He said not letting go of the matter.

“Let it go, Brendon. Vampires and Humans don’t mix well together. Call it having urges to drink their blood get in the way.” I said.

“No, I think it is because you are too stubborn. I know that your last relationship left you a bit hurt the way it ended but life goes on. Gee, we aren’t getting any younger or older for that matter.” He said laughing at his remark.

“There lies another problem. We won’t age but the ones we love will.” I shot back.

“Look if you want to kiss Amanda, do it. If you don’t, then don’t. Who knows maybe she isn’t looking for a relationship, but maybe she is. Maybe she has been hurt in the past as well and you two will have something to build on. She is going to be living here now, right?” He asked.

“Maybe you should quit with your maybes while you are ahead. And yes, hopefully she will be staying with us permanently.” I said getting bored with this conversation.

“Pete, if she is going to be living here, all I am saying is that if you are around her more, who’s to say that you won’t start to feel more towards her? Think about it. We are still us bro.” Brendon said getting up.

About that time I heard Sam say, “Sam and Amanda are in da house!”

Brendon and I both ran towards the front door after we heard it shut to have bags thrown in our faces. Everyone else came from wherever they were in this mansion to meet Amanda finally. They were all also smiling at me. Did I look like I had a sign on my head or something?

“Here!” Sam said throwing all of Amanda’s things except a small bag Amanda had in her hand.

“I guess we will be right back.” Brendon said motioning me upstairs.