A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Once Bitten, Twice As Shy

I drove over to Liberty Street and parked in an empty parking lot. I walked down the street, blankets in tow, looking for any side alleyways that Brendon would be creeping in the shadows of. I knew that this was a trap but my friends needed me. I needed to know why Colin was doing this. This wasn’t like him. I mean, yeah, he was a sleaze for cheating on me but kidnapping and attacking my friends were so not like him.
I stopped in this one alleyway to find a dumpster and shade all around to keep sun out from the buildings shadows. “Brendon are you there?” I asked looking around for any goons.
“Amanda?” Brendon asked coming out of his hiding spot. “They took Erelin. I couldn’t protect her. I tried and failed.” He said looking pretty beat up.
“Hey, it is alright. They got Sam too but I am here now.” I said.
“Where are Patrick and Andy?” Brendon asked.
“I came alone. Somehow I think you were being watched to see if I would rescue you.” I said looking around nervously.
“Wait, you came alone? Are you crazy?” Brendon asked.
“Look, I didn’t want anyone else to get hurt. Pete bit me to keep tabs on me if I ran into trouble.” I said.
“Wait, hold up here. You let Pete bite you?” Brendon asked surprised.
“Yes. I wasn’t thrilled but it was the only way to get to you and my friends.
“So he sucked your blood? Do you know what this means?” Brendon asked.
“No he didn’t suck my blood he just barely broke the skin so he would know where I was if I didn’t come back.” I replied.
“Pete broke our code. We don’t bite anyone. He just made himself drift away from you. Once he has had a taste of your blood he will want more. That’s what happens when you bite someone for the first time.” Brendon said.
“So is that why he pulled away when I tried to hug him? He had a little blood on his lips from breaking the skin and he had a taste of it.” I said handing Brendon the blankets.
“Yeah. He was fighting his urges. It changes you.” He said taking them.
“We need to hurry. We could be watched right now.” I said looking around as Brendon said putting on the blankets to cover his body.
As I helped try to lead Brendon out onto the street from the alley of the buildings beside each other, we were ambushed by Colin’s guys but this time I could see their faces. Colin was no where to be seen.
“Brendon don’t fight and don’t move.” I said watching three guys surround Brendon.
“If you attempt to scream or fight we will stake him.” One goon said placing a stake in front of Brendon’s chest.
“I knew Colin would want me somehow.” I said letting the goons tie up my hands in the back. Lucky for them they didn’t know that I could untie myself later.
They led us to a van and stuffed us into it. Poor Brendon couldn’t see a thing because he had to keep the blankets over him. I tried to talk to the goons to see if they would let something slip as to why Colin wanted me but I got nothing.
“Hey, shut her up back there!” One goon said.
I leaned into Brendon and whispered through the blanket that Pete would find us through me. He nodded and kept quiet afraid he may die.
Then I looked over to find one goon hold a needle and syringe in his hand. My eyes widened and I knew what they were doing. They wanted to knock me out.
“No.” I said trying to untie my wrists. I was unable to in time to fight off the needle and I was stuck in the arm. Everything started to spin. I heard Brendon say, “You hurt her too and I will kill you vampires or no.” Then I was out like a light.