A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Homeward Bound

(Pete’s POV)
I walked with Amanda until we found a road that led back up to the warehouse. We went in the opposite direction but jumped into the woods when we heard fire trucks and the police coming to investigate the warehouse blast. I am guessing Colin somehow rigged it to blow up.

Nothing was said between me and Amanda as we walked until we found a restaurant to which we called a cab. Amanda went into the bathroom to clean up her cuts and bruises she had. I sat and waited for her. I knew she was in shock of what happened and I know she is upset. She lost the man she thought she loved along time ago and now was worried about all of our friends and if they had escaped.

“The cab is here.” I said seeing it pull up through a window of the restaurant.

“Are you cold?” I asked Amanda as I saw her shiver.

“I’m fine.” She said with tired eyes.

“Here, put this on.” I said giving her my red hoodie with a bat on the front.

After she put it on we walked out to the cab and got in. I told the driver where to take us. I wanted him to drop us off a mile away from Patrick’s house just to be careful that the driver wasn’t a spy. We would walk the rest of the way back to the house.

“Amanda, I am sorry for what happened. I know you are upset right now but I wish you would say something.” I said trying to get her to talk to me.

“Is it true you love me?” She asked turning to look at me instead of the window with her pretty but tired, worn out blue eyes. “I mean I understand if you only meant it because you thought Colin was going to hurt me.” She said looking back at the window now.

To tell you the truth, I didn’t know what I felt. I liked being around Amanda and I thought we were hitting it off well but I barely know her. How could I love her? Did I blurt that out to save her or do I have some deeper feelings?

“Amanda, I really do like you. Before this craziness, I thought we were hitting it off well. But, I can’t say I am in love with you. I was scared that Colin was going to hurt you and it came out.” I said grabbing her hand.

“Really, it is alright Pete. You aren’t the first guy to tell me that.” She said kind of smiling but jerking her hand away from mine.

“No it isn’t alright. I would like to see where this thing between us could go. That is if you feel something for me other than us being friends.” I said.

“It’s late and I am tired. I just possibly lost an ex of mine and I am worried about our friends. I am sorry I brought it up.” She said looking at me with hurt eyes.

The cab stopped at the corner of a street I told the cab driver to stop at. Amanda and I got out and started walking towards the mansion. Neither one of us spoke until we reached the house and saw Andy and Patrick’s cars in the driveway area. The both of us were relieved as we stepped into the place to find all of friends running over to hug us, glad that Amanda and I were ok.