A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

House Of Cards

I awoke to the sounds of birds chirping outside my window. I lay in bed trying to replay the events that happened in my head. No longer was I afraid or scared of my father. No longer was I worried about Colin. I am sure he made it out safe and that is what I want to believe.

I stretched and sat up in bed. I remember Pete making me feel calm and falling asleep. I wonder why he didn’t at least stay to see me wake up.

I got up and grabbed me some clothes out of the dresser to wear for after I take a shower. I was still a mess; after all I was still wearing the clothes I had on from last night. As I happened to look in the mirror I saw a bite mark and realized that Pete had bitten me again. No wonder I fell asleep peacefully.

As I touched my neck where the wound was I remembered everything he had said and the way he bit me. He said he would never hurt me once before and I believe him still but he can’t go around biting me because I am in danger or I am upset. He has no right.
I dropped my clothes on my bed and headed out of my room. I was mad. He was going to get an earful from me alright.

I opened his door and just barged on in. He was laying there asleep. Pete did look incredibly sexy however but that was beside the point.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked as loud as I could, waking him up.

“What?” Pete asked stirring awake.

“What gives you the right to bite me again? I know I was upset last night but that is no excuse for you to bite me. How could you, Pete? I trusted you.” I said raising my voice.

I forgot that I had left Pete’s door open and as I turned around I saw Ryan stand in the doorway with a smirk on his face. “You better back away from the door before I go off on your ass too.” I yelled at Ryan to see him take off after I had yelled at him. I then walked over and shut the door.

“Amanda, let me explain.” Pete said sitting up.

“Oh, please do and you had better have a darn good explanation because I know how hard it is for you. You wouldn’t even look at me when I left to get Brendon yesterday morning after you bit me then. Did you need a fix and oh I was conveniently there last night?” I asked pissed off.

“Amanda, you believe that? I would never do that to you. I care about you.” Pete said getting up out of the bed.

“Do you really?” I asked searching for something from his eyes.

“Amanda, look at me.” Pete said as he walked over to me.

“Don’t touch me, Pete.” I said pulling away from him as he tried to hold me.

“Amanda.” He said trying to grab hold of me again.

“Pete, what have you done to me?” I asked letting him place his hands on my shoulders.

“I haven’t done anything to you.” He said. “You were upset and hysterical about what had happened to you and the warehouse explosion. I just wanted to make you rest with no worries. It was hard for me trust me.” Pete said.

“Why do I feel like you have this hold over me Pete?” I said as he pulled me into an embrace.

“I don’t have anything over you. And Amanda, I apologize for biting you. Please trust me.” Pete said.

I could tell by Pete’s eyes he was telling the truth. I was upset but I was softening up towards him. Pete has that effect on me. I guess I truly can’t stay mad at him for long.

“Pete, I want to be honest with you.” I said.

“About what?” He asked.

“I think I am falling in love with you even though I haven’t known you long. It is one of those things where you just know. No guy has ever made me feel the way that you do. When you kiss me, I want to die.” I said revealing how I feel.

“Don’t say that.” Pete said pulling away from me.

“I want to be with you. But then I stop myself and realize Pete that I don’t want to die. I don’t want to be a vampire like you good or not. I want to be alive. I want to live. My father isn’t my dad anymore. I am sorry he did what he did to you Pete. I feel responsible like I should have known something was wrong with him. But what I am trying to say is that I trust you in protecting me and stopping him. And I trust you with my heart. I know now how sorry you are and that you would never hurt me.” I said as he was quiet.

“The night when we were in the pool house to the moment we went swimming I felt something between us. You told me I was beautiful and for the first time in my life I believed it. I see it in your eyes how much you care but I need to know the truth. It’s cool if you don’t want to be with me or whatever but be honest. Do you feel the same for me as I feel for you?” I asked. My anger had suddenly turned into love. I felt drawn to Pete and it was like we both needed each other.

Pete looked at me then showed his fangs as he approached me knocking me onto the bed as I stepped back. “How can you love me when I am this?” He asked.

“I don’t see you as a vampire. I see past that, Pete.” I replied.

He retracted his fangs and looked at me. “I do have feelings for you. I do feel something when we kiss. But now we are connected by me biting you. I don’t want you to be afraid of me.” He said sitting beside me on the bed.

“I’m not.” I said as we started to lean in for a kiss.

“Pete you wouldn’t believe this!” Patrick said as he came into Pete’s room barging in. “Hi, Amanda.” He said.

Perfect timing. Why am I always interrupted whenever Pete and I want to kiss and make up over something? Maybe I need to be barging in on Patrick.

“Hi, Patrick.” I said looking at Pete who gave me an “I’m sorry”, look.

“What’s up?” Pete asked.

“I asked Jenny to marry me out in the garden this morning and she said yes!” Patrick said all happy.

“Congratulations!” Pete and I both said getting up off the bed. I gave Patrick a hug then he took off shutting the door behind him.

“Wow! I wonder what gave him that idea.” I asked.

“I don’t know but that weasel has been holding out on me. He never told me he was going to ask Jenny or that he even bought a ring. I’m hurt.” Pete said pouting.

“You’ll get over it somehow.” I said pulling him close to me and pulling him into a kiss.
Then Pete picked me up making me laugh in a good way and carried me to the bed. As he sat me down he smiled.

“What?” I asked.

“Amanda, will you go out on a date with me again?” Pete asked.

“I would love to.” I said having to go pick out a different outfit then what I was going to wear as soon as I get out of Pete’s room.

“I want to show you some fun. I think we both could use some.” Pete said climbing on top of me on the bed.

“I think we do too.” I said grinning as he leaned in to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around him as he started to kiss my neck. Then he made his way up to my mouth. Our eyes met and then Pete kissed me making me feel flooded full of good emotions. I wanted him like no other.

Our fun didn’t last long as Brendon barged in the room. “Doesn’t anyone know how to knock anymore?” Pete asked as he rose up.

“Sorry but I am going to kill Ryan.” Brendon said.