A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Patrick's Big Day

(Patrick’s POV)
“Thanks Joe and heading out to the mall with me when it opened. Do you think Jenny will like it?” I asked nervously as we stepped in the house.

“Yes. I think she will love it.” Joe said.

“I can so see a future with her you know. After being together for two years I know she is the one. Let me take that back, the only one for me.” I said.

“Go get her lover boy.” Joe said heading upstairs and smiling.

“Thanks.” I replied.

Now, my only problem is how and where to propose to her. I am so nervous and I don’t know why. It isn’t that hard to ask the girl you love to marry you. Ok, maybe it is because what if she says no? Then I don’t think my heart can take it. Wait, who am I kidding? She is bound to say yes. How can she not resist my smile and wittiness?

I tried to get it together and headed into the kitchen. I saw Erelin was up eating a bowl of fruit loops with Jenny sitting beside her on the bar stools. Jenny was still in her pjs but looked so adorable in them and if you asked Jenny how her hair looked she would tell you a mess, but I loved it a little messy.

“Um, Jenny, can I talk to you for a minute?” I nervously asked.

“Sure.” She said still eating her breakfast. “Is something wrong? I was just talking with Erelin. I didn’t hear you come into the kitchen.” She replied.

“No, everything is alright.” I said fidgeting with the box in my pocket.
Jenny looked at Erelin and then at me before realizing I wanted to talk to her alone. “Oh, you meant you wanted to talk to me alone. I’m so sorry, honey.” She said turning red a bit. It was cute.

“I will finish my breakfast in the study.” Erelin said getting up.

“No, you can stay. Jenny, I will be in the garden when you finish your breakfast. Just put some shoes on and join me out here.” I said watching her give a puzzling look at Erelin who grinned at me. I know Erelin has no clue what I am about to do but according to her grin she knows I am going to say something to Jenny. I just hope she doesn’t ruin anything I am about to do.

I walked outside and found the tree where I had carved mine and Jenny’s initials. It didn’t take long for Jenny to finish her breakfast, put some shoes on and come find me. I smiled as she got closer.

“What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?” Jenny asked.

“Have a seat here on the bench.” I told her. “Do you remember when I carved our initials into this tree?” I asked.

“How could I forget? You rescued me from vampires as I was getting off from work one night about two years ago. Two days later you asked me out. Then a month later you brought me back here and told me you loved me for the first time. That was when you carved our initials into the tree.” She said smiling.

“Then I asked you to move in four months later.” I said chuckling.

“Gee, you sure did move fast.” She said laughing. “But you still haven’t told me why you wanted to talk to me alone for.” Jenny said.

“Jenny, I love you. I always have since the moment I met and saved you from the vampires. You are smart, kind, loving, and a wonderful person to be around. I know we moved pretty fast in our relationship but I just knew you were the one for me. You put up with me and best of all, my friends. And we all know how difficult that can be at times, especially the way Pete changes moods so fast.” I said laughing.

“So very true.” She replied laughing too.

“So what I am trying to say is, Jenny, will you marry me?” I asked taking the ring box out of my pocket and flipping it open for her to see as I got down on one knee.

“Oh my, yes!” She said wrapping her arms around me and almost making me fall over. “It’s beautiful!” She said as I placed the ring on her finger. “I love you Patrick Stump.” She replied giving me a huge kiss.

“I love you too soon to be Jenny Stump.” I replied. “We can set a date later and go over all of the plans when we set the date. After last night when everyone was kidnapped I thought that what if that was you? I wouldn’t know what to do if something happened to you or that you didn’t know how much I love you.” I said.

“I already knew but this tops everything.” She said smiling. “So this is where you and Joe had run off to.” She added.

“Yes. I am so glad you want to be my wife.” I said.

“You know a simple ceremony here at night with the lights in the trees would be beautiful on the grounds here. That way Pete and Brendon could attend.” Jenny said thinking positively.

“I know your parents can’t be here and I apologize.” I said.

“Hey, no worries. Pete saved them and got them out of town where they are safe. That is all that matters. I will see them again once we kill all the vampires in this city.” She said.

I hugged Jenny and held her close. I was the happiest man in the world right now. I needed to tell Andy, Brendon, and Pete the good news.

“Honey, how about you meet me later for dinner. I will take you out anywhere you want to go to celebrate. You should tell the girls and show off your ring. I am going to tell the other fellas.” I said ecstatic.

“Sounds like a plan.” She said grabbing me and kissing me again.