A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Torn Between Two Lovers

I ran to my room and decided not to wear what I had laid out on my bed. Instead, I chose to wear my black low rise pants and a black top with small, red sparkles on it. I showered then slipped into my outfit. I fixed my hair as best as I could get it and put my makeup on. I looked at my black eyeliner and laughed a bit. I wondered if Pete was going to wear this stuff on his eyes. He had it on the night he kidnapped me from my own home but I have to say he can pull it off. It made him look sexier in a way.

When I was finished I walked downstairs to the study. I happened to turn around to see a wet Erelin and Ryan laughing as they were about to head upstairs. Apparently it seems they must have had a good time in the pool.

“Erelin, can I talk to you a minute?” I asked as I walked out of the study and towards her.

“Sure.” She replied.

“Hey, Amanda.” Ryan said.

“Hi, Ryan. By the way that was a nice trick you did to Brendon today.” I replied rolling my eyes at him.

“Trick?” Erelin repeated.

“Yeah, Ryan didn’t tell you all about how he almost toasted Brendon?” I asked watching Ryan squirm.

“Ryan, is this true?” She asked.

“We were just having a little fun. It wasn’t anything serious Erelin.” Ryan said.

“You can’t talk your way out of this one. You should know me by now after all this time that I can read you and that you are lying your ass off.” I said. I loved every minute of this in seeing Ryan try to talk his way out of this.

“Amanda, tell me what did he do to Brendon?” Erelin asked giving Ryan a nasty look.

“Well, when you left to get your bathing suit on, Ryan opened up the blinds sending Brendon behind the bar counter. He was there as you two walked out but was afraid to say anything and plus he couldn’t move anywhere. Only when Patrick and Jenny came in, which I should say are getting married soon, was Brendon able to get out of the kitchen. They shut the blinds for him.” I said.

“Ryan, how could you?” Erelin said storming off into the study.

“How could you do that?” Ryan asked grabbing my arm.

“You just don’t get it do you Ryan. I have never liked you and you best better get off my arm.” I said as he let go of me. “You treated Erelin like crap and now you think you can stay here and try to reclaim her like she is a prize. I don’t think so; over my dead body!” I snapped.

“I think that you living with the vampires meaning Pete and Brendon have really done something to you.” Ryan said fighting with me.

“What do you call yourself? At least I don’t let a vampire feed on me whenever they want and have sex with them like a slave!” I said walking off.

“Try telling that to yourself when Pete bites you again!” Ryan said storming off upstairs.

“Ooh he makes me so freaking mad!” I yelled as I slammed the study doors shut.

“Why didn’t Brendon say anything?” Erelin asked. “I didn’t even notice the blinds were up.” She said.

“Oh, I don’t know. There are a lot of good reasons Erelin. One is that you blew Brendon off when he was being sincere and wanting to take you on a date. Two, you were too busy wrapped up in your ex as I recall, to even pay attention. What the hell are you thinking? May I remind you that I told you when you first dated Ryan that he was wrong for you? And that he worked for Colin?” I asked pissed at my best friend for not paying attention.

“I know. Yes, Ryan dumped me but it’s hard you know because he is here and he is back.” Erelin replied sitting down on the couch.

“He also could still be a spy and we haven’t even killed his vampire lover whatever you want to call it.” I said sitting down beside her.

“I know this all again but he did save our lives last night.” She said.

“That still doesn’t make him right.” I replied.

“I don’t know what to do. I honestly don’t. I do like Brendon. And my favorite moment with him was when we were in the pool talking a chilling until Sam and Joe ruined it the other night.” She said smiling.

“But I am starting to have my feelings return for Ryan now that he is back. I thought that these feelings finally died after a year ago but I guess not. Today, I actually had a talk with him and learned more about what has happened to him. I felt he was honest with me.” Erelin said.

“I think he was telling you a bunch of bullshit to get you to have sympathy for him.” I said.

“Listen, you have a great guy who is waiting for you to make a decision but he is still going to try and capture your heart. Don’t hurt him. Brendon is a good guy. I honestly don’t care if he is a vampire. I know he won’t hurt me and I know he will always be on my side which is someone you need. Brendon really cares about you, Erelin. Maybe you should give him a shot.” I said.

“Speaking of blowing him off which I feel bad about now, I am volunteering you for tomorrow.” Erelin said getting up.

“Oh, and that would be?” I asked already knowing but not letting her know I know what she is about to volunteer me for.

“I need you, Sam, Chrissy, and Jenny to help me take Ryan clothes shopping. He can’t keep wearing Joe’s things and we need to dress him so he doesn’t dress like a dork.” Erelin said smiling.

“Do I have to go seriously?” I asked rolling my eyes.

“I know you don’t like him but please do this for me and play nice just for one day.” Erelin asked making me feel a little guilty if I didn’t go.

“Alright, fine, but you had better talk to Brendon and do your rain check with him soon.” I said.

“Deal and thanks.” She said giving me a hug as I got up from the couch.

As we walked over to the doors of the study we heard a commotion. I flew open the doors to hear Brendon and Ryan arguing which Pete had specifically told Brendon to stay away from Ryan. We ran down the hall to see them start fighting. Chrissy and Andy appeared behind us. And Brendon broke out his fangs.

“You think that is going to scare me vampire boy?” Ryan said taunting Brendon.

“Oh that’s it. I tried and I just can’t be nice to you anymore!” Brendon said lunging at Ryan.

“Boys, stop it!” I said stepping in the middle of them and breaking up the fight but not before Brendon decked Ryan good in the jaw.

“Will you two just stop it and try to get along? I’m sick of this. I’m sick of you two fighting over me. I don’t want to be around either of you two right now!” Erelin yelled, running upstairs to her room as Ryan held his jaw.

“Chrissy who is your money on; Brendon or Ryan?” Andy asked.

“You two move it!” I said barking orders like I was the boss around this place.

“Man, you take the fun out of stuff.” I heard Chrissy say as her Andy walked back to wherever they came from.

“And as for you two you will get along in this house. You both have upset Erelin. So move your asses now before I kick both of them.” I said pissed off.

“Brendon, are you forgetting something?” I asked as he turned around to face me.

“Oh, sorry.” He said retracting his fangs and pushing past Ryan.

“It serves you right.” I said rolling my eyes as I walked by Ryan and went to find Jenny to congratulate her on her engagement.