A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Chaos, Panic, Confusion, And You

(Pete’s POV)
Chris and Charlie had let us both into the club. I really wanted Amanda to have a good time tonight with no worries. Charlie led the way to the dance floor but stopped in front of the steps that lead upstairs of the club. I think he had another bar up there and you could watch people from the balcony if I remembered. It had been awhile since I had been in here last.

“Why don’t you go out there and have fun. I need to talk to Charlie here for a minute. If you need me I will be upstairs here.” I said kissing Amanda on the lips and pointing upstairs.

“Ok?” She asked/replied.

I watched her head out onto the dancefloor as I walked up the steps to the second floor. Charlie and I had walked over to the balcony area where I could keep a close eye on Amanda. I smiled as she got up close to the DJ and started dancing.

“Woah, dude. What brings you here with a girl? Is she your new girlfriend?” Charlie asked.

“Not quite, well not exactly. It’s complicated. You wouldn’t understand.” I replied.

“Look, Pete, I’ve known you since before you were turned and saved our asses here. I don’t think I have seen any girl make you smile as you are now except for…” Charlie said getting cut off.

“Don’t even say her name. That relationship is over and it died when I became a vampire.” I said not wanting to think about my past relationships.

“Pete, Amanda is pretty and nice. How is she not running away like the girls do with Brendon?” Charlie asked.

“She understands me. I don’t know how to explain it. It is just different with Amanda. I know she won’t hurt or betray me.” I said sighing.

“Like, …” Charlie began to say but I cut him off with a look.

“Look, I loved her. I was madly in love with my ex. Is that what you want to hear? I don’t want to bring up the past anymore. It was the past. That relationship ended. I do admit my current relationship with Amanda, started out sort of rocky but we are better now I think. I get her. I like trainwrecks what can I say?” I asked laughing.

“Something has changed about you since you were turned Pete. You seemed darker for awhile. But now I see a bit of the old Pete back and I think it has something to do with Amanda. Am I right?” Charlie asked laughing and leaning over the balcony rail.

“Possibly.” I said not revealing too much.

I turned and leaned over the balcony as well watching Amanda laugh and have a good time. She definitely makes me feel again that is for sure. Which is something I thought I would never do again.

“Look, Charlie, I want to be honest with you. Amanda is in trouble. I am going to need all the help I can get.” I said.

“What kind of trouble is she in? Vampire trouble? You know my guys will help in any way we can.” Charlie said.

“She is the daughter of the mayor.” I said lowering my voice so no one could hear.

“What!” Charlie yelled.

“Don’t cause a scene. I don’t want anyone to know who she is.” I said.

“You bring our enemy’s daughter in here! How do you think I was going to react? Is she a…?” Charlie asked.

“No! And I want to keep it that way.” I said.

“Does she know?” Charlie asked.

“Yes. I wanted to kidnap her and use her in my plot for revenge against her father but after I met her everything changed. She’s innocent in all this and her dad wants her alive for a reason. A reason I am afraid of.” I said.

“Pete, I will help but you know that when I tell my guys they arent going to be happy. Just what is wrong with you bringing her here though, man?” Charlie asked again.

All of a sudden I heard a woman scream, “She’s here!” I turned to see Amanda on the dancefloor get grabbed by two guys. I was about to jump over the balcony and onto the floor when I was attacked from behind. I could here Amanda scream my name.

“Charlie, you have spies in the club!” I said fighting off three guys who had bite marks on their necks.

“Shit, Pete! They knew she would end up here. You had a bad idea of bringing her here!” Charlie said knocking out one of the guys and yelling for his men.

I looked over the railing to see Amanda had fallen on the floor and couldn’t get up. There were people pushing and shoving to try and get out of the club. Then I thought I saw her get up but then be trampled by the people again.

Then I felt the vampires come in. They were here waiting for the spies to let them in. No wonder I felt uneasy as I walked in here. Then a smoke bomb went off causing even more chaos and panic.

I looked in the smoke to find her but couldn’t see her. I started to hear her breathing differently and coughing so I focused in on that. Since I had bitten her, I was able to know exactly where she was at all times. I just needed to focus.

Amanda weakly said, “Pete, help!” I jumped over the railing and grabbed her picking her up into my arms. I looked down to see that she had went unconconcious from the smoke. That wasn’t good as I looked for an exit.

I saw Charlie and Chris with masks on and their guys fighting off the vampires they could find. “Here! Take her out the side door. We will try to cover you!” Charlie said through his mask.

With their help I made it out of the club and ran with Amanda to an alley. I slid down a wall of the alley to sit with Amanda still in my arms. I could hear people yelling and I could still hear and feel vampires all around.

“Amanda, wake up.” I said trying to get her awake but to know avail. I kissed her and she woke up coughing and trying to catch her breath. She was also fighting me.

“Amanda, it’s me, Pete.” I said. She calmed down and looked at me with red eyes. They were red all around her eyes from the irritation of the smoke.

“Pete, how did you…” She trailed off looking around. “Everything is blurry.” She said with tears starting to form. That was good. I didn’t want her eyes to be dry.

“It’s alright. You will see again in a few once your eyes adjust. Just breathe slowly too.” I said with her sitting up now.

“Who were they?” Amanda asked.

“The ones who grabbed you were your dad’s spies. Somehow they were let in and then they found you and let the vampires in.” I replied.

“Did everyone get out?” She asked.

I sat in silence for a few before she got up and said, “We have to go back, Pete. We can’t let those people get hurt by the vampires.” She said.

“Wait, we can’t.” I said grabbing her as I got up. “If we go back, then they get you. I can’t let that happen.” I said pulling her close.

“But its me they want and I can’t sit back and do nothing.” Amanda said getting up.

“My friends are on it and I am sure they will get as many people out as possible but as for now we need to be on the move. We can’t get to my car they will see us so we will have to get away on foot.” I said looking around the corner to see if we can make a run for it.

“Are you up for some running?” I asked.

“I think so.” She said.

“Good.” I said grabbing her hand and taking off.

We weren’t spotted until we had reached the end of the street then we became outnumbered. I really could have used some help right now but everyone was heading to the warehouse tonight for some investigating. If I was on my own I couuld have taken them but with Amanda with me I couldn’t risk them getting ahold of her.

“Just keep running!” I yelled at Amanda as I trailed behind her fighting off some vampires that caught up to us.

I finally had broken away from the vampires to have lost Amanda. Just great; so I honed in on where she was and took off in that direction finding her. “
Are you alright?” I asked Amanda once i found her.

“I know this area. Come on!” She yelled taking me through side streets.

We stopped at a building that had lofts in it. I just looked at her then around behind me to make sure we weren’t being followed. What was Amanda thinking?

“I don’t have my key on me but that loft over there is a friend of mine’s. Can you give me a boost? We can go up the fire escape to the bedroom window.” She replied.

“What, you want to break in?” I asked shocked but a little turned on.

“He isn’t home for me to ask. But I have stayed here to get away from life for awhile. Do you want to stay out here and wait for the sun or vampires to go get me?” She asked.

“No.” I replied.

“Good. Then give me a boost.” She said smiling.