A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Followed

I could not cross the street, and run into the apartment building for there were many people crowding around, and police in front. I could not trust any cop for fear that they may be spies working for my dad. Actually, I learned after last night that I could not trust anyone in this town but my friends.

The only thing I could do as I was running was to pull my hood up and go as far as I could down the street to a safe distance and hope that the wreck would clear up soon. After I started to tire out, I walked a bit. I did not recognize the streets I had come across as I was walking. I only knew a few streets here in downtown and I knew that if I took a wrong turn, I might end up in a bad part of town or with my luck somewhere near my dad’s office or a police station. I decided to stay on the street I had originally started.

I stopped to catch my breath for a second, tired from the running and walking. I looked around to notice that there were a couple of shops and an eatery around me. I was hungry and thirsty but I had only brought enough change for the pay phone. I wondered if Pete had waked up yet to find me not there. Oh, how I missed him and I have not been gone from his side for very long.

I hope that if he has waked up that he saw my present I left for him. Just thinking about Pete and what happened last night brought a smile to my face. It was an amazing night. I just hope that he feels the same way that I do. I would hate to hear Pete tell me that it was a mistake and that we were caught up in a moment of excitement from the rush of escaping those that are after me.

The more I thought about him, the more I started to worry. I looked at my watch to see that I had walked down this street for almost forty-five minutes. I know Pete is worried about me by now. Why has Pete not tried to call for me?

I was about to walk into the eatery to see if there was any news about the wreck so that I know if it is safe for me to walk home yet, when I was grabbed from behind by a strong man. He grabbed me from behind with one hand over my mouth, preventing me from screaming and another holding me as I tried to fight him off. I tried to yell but it just came out mumbled as he dragged me into an alleyway. There, I saw more goons, a few dressed police uniforms.

Damn! They tailed me. How could I let this happen? I tried to be careful.

“Hold her steady!” One person said as I tried to fight off my captor as he was hurting me.

“I am. She’s a fighter.” The one holding me said as I tried to bite his fingers over my mouth. “She bit me!” He said as I tried screaming when he let go of my mouth.

No one was coming to my rescue. I was alone and trapped. No, I did not want this to happen. I cannot let my dad get me.

“Pete!” I screamed loudly still trying to fight to break away when one goon lifted up my sleeve.

The goon pulled out a syringe filled with something that was not good. “No!” I yelled trying to kick him away from me but it was no use.

They had me and were stronger. I was held down now by all of dad’s goons. I looked up to see the syringe had a big needle, which they stuck into my arm. It was a type of sedative to knock me out.

I slowly started to quit fighting, as I was feeling powerless to move or do anything. This was not good. I do not want this to be the end.

As darkness started to swarm around me as I was starting to black out, my mind went to Pete. If this is the end and my dad was to turn me, I only hoped that Pete could kill me so I would not harm anyone and that I do not regret the most amazing night of my life spent with him last night.

“Pete.” I whispered before finally giving in to the darkness and blacking out.