A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Q And A Time And It's All On Me

(Pete’s POV)
After Amanda left, my mind raced. I was full of questions. I was also afraid of what Amanda’s mom had to say because I knew she did not like me and the feeling was mutual about her. She may be Amanda’s mother but she was still a vampire and I do not trust her one bit.

“Look, Pete, I think it is established that we both do not like each other. Given the circumstances however, I think it is best we try to cooperate and get along for Amanda’s sake. You may call me Anne, though.” Amanda’s mother said.

“Ok, Anne, I want you to know that my friends and I can and will protect Amanda at all costs. No one knows or can get into where we stay. She is safe there and Patrick has it all high tech so that if one person steps onto the grounds we know about it fast.” I said sitting in a chair from the desk where Anne sat.

“Are you sure you aren’t using my daughter in your revenge. I know my husband turned you and your friend.” Anne came out and said.

“No. As I said before, I started out wanting to use her against her father but I fell in love with her. She changed me into a different person. I did not know her. I thought she might have known what her dad was at first but when I looked in her eyes and saw the fear in them the night we kidnapped her, she had no clue.

When she woke up, we talked. She has this way of reading people. She says that you gave her that trait. If you did, then you should know I love your daughter and would never hurt her.” I said calmly as Anne sat listening to what I had to say.

“Then, why did you bite her? I did not say anything to upset her when she was in here earlier but I saw the mark. You marked her already. If you never wanted to hurt her or bite her as you say, then why did you already bite her?” Anne asked.

“Colin, her ex, if you know him came back and kidnapped her friends one by one as well as mine. It was her idea and I was against it. She was the only one who could go out in the daylight and rescue Brendon who he dumped in an alley. The only way I could know where she was so that nothing would happen to her, was to bite her. That way, as soon as it was dark I could track her and rescue her. Colin went crazy and was bitten by a female vampire who worked for your husband.” I explained.

“I know who Colin is. Amanda was so devastated when they broke up.” Anne said.

“That was the only reason I bit your daughter. And I have never done it since.” I said trying not to show that I was lying.

I had bit her more then once. My reasoning for calming Amanda down when the warehouse blew up with Colin inside was to help her but also to help me. I did have a craving to bite her.

“You want to though, admit it. Once you bite someone, especially someone you say you are in love with, it gets harder. You want to bite Amanda. How much longer do you think you can go without biting her?” Anne asked pissing me off.

“I admit that sometimes it is hard and that I have urges to bite her but I don’t let it happen. I am stronger then that.” I told her but inside was trying to convince myself.

Whom am I kidding? She is right and I am letting her get to me. I have to show her I am better though.

“What do you have to offer my daughter, Pete? You cannot even go out in the daylight. By keeping her away from the sun which she loves to be out in you keep her from life.” Anne said.

“I don’t keep her from the sun. She goes out carefully with Sam, Erelin, Chrissy, and Jenny, and Chrissy’s, Sam’s, and Jenny’s boyfriends too.” I responded.

“You know my daughter does not want to be one of us at any costs, right? In one minute of weakness would you turn her if you knew she was dying?” Anne asked hitting hard with the interrogation.

“Would you?” I fired back.

“No. You aren’t answering my question.” She said annoyed.

“Amanda has told me she does not want to be turned, even to save her life. It would pain me but I cannot do it. There is a risk she may be bad and not good then I would have to stake her anyway and Amanda does not want that. However, yes, if I knew she was dying and had to watch her die, it would kill me as well. That is why I am doing my best to protect her so that does not happen.” I said.

“One more thing.” Anne said.

“What is it this time?” I asked annoyed now.

“You do realize that if you find the one that started this mess and made us vampires, not meaning my husband that turned us but the one who turned him, then we all will die. Do you want to stay attached to Amanda letting her believe you are going to be around or tell her anyway that you may die when you find the main vampire? Do you want Amanda to be in more pain in losing you too? She already has lost so much.” Anne replied.

Before I could say what I wanted to say, a knock on the door occurred. I turned around surprised to see Amanda, Jenny, Patrick, Erelin, and Brendon all barging in the room with Anne and me. Anne got up from her chair not happy.