A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

The Attempted Rescue

As I walked out of the room so Pete and my mother could talk and one of the guards closed the door so that they could not be bothered, I studied the guards carefully. One of the guards looked a taller than me and had what I call dirty blonde hair. He was kind of cute, which I know I should not be thinking at a time like this. The other vampire guard did not look as friendly.

“So, how long have you been working for my mother?” I asked the blonde vampire as we followed the other guard down a hall.

“I’m not really supposed to be talking to you. You are off limits.” He replied.

“Well, I don’t bite, oh, no pun intended.” I said feeling stupid. That was a stupid thing to say, Amanda.

He laughed and said, “The name is Adam but you can call me Sisky.”

“Sisky?” I asked.

“My last name is Siska and I had a friend who nicknamed me Sisky so it stuck.” He replied.

“Ah, I see. So who was your friend? Are they a vampire too?” I asked being inquisitive.

“You like to ask a lot of questions, don’t you?” He asked smiling. He had a gorgeous smile. I had better watch it, Amanda.

“It’s ok, really.” He said noticing me blush.

“I don’t know where my friend William is. I hope he was able to get out of this city. A girl turned me; of course, I took out on a date. I did not know she was a vampire. Your mother and some of her men found me and I trained here to fight the good fight.” He replied.

“I see. I really am sorry for all the questions.” I said feeling so embarrassed for no reason.

“It is really, ok, Amanda.” He said giving me that melting smile again. He was so nice once he was talking to me.

“Maybe we will see each other again now that my friends are going to be helping mom and you guys.” I said smiling back at Sisky.

About that time, I heard a noise from around the corner of a hallway we needed to get to. I stopped as Sisky signaled me to stay behind and do not move as he went up ahead where his guard friend had disappeared to. I heard silence and I could not take it anymore. I stuck my head around the corner to the left and from the right I was grabbed from behind with a hand over my mouth.

I went to scream and was about to knee my kidnapper when the hand let go and I heard a, “Whoa! Oh, no you will not, missy.”

“I am not having you do that again!” Brendon said as I turned around.

“Brendon!” I said seeing he was free and hugging him.

“Wait, what are you doing out?” I asked.

“I came to rescue you guys.” I heard Jenny say behind me as I saw everyone had split up and now were all meeting in the hallway of the one I was standing in.

“Sisky!” I yelled looking for him and seeing him behind Brendon lying on the floor.

“Brendon, what did you do?” I asked.

“What? I only knocked him out. I did not kill him if that is what you are implying. What do you care about him for anyway? He is just a guard for your mother.” Brendon said as he kneeled beside me after I had walked over to Sisky.

“No, he is different. He actually talked to me like a person. I hope he will wake up ok.” I said.

“What difference does this make?” Erelin said as I got up away from Sisky.

“Yeah, he will be fine. We do not have much time until I am spotted on their cameras, Amanda. You need to take us to Pete.” Jenny said.

“You all do realize that Pete is talking to my mother who thinks we are all waiting in that cell and that she was going to release us all, right?” I said looking at everyone.

“Well, I just couldn’t wait. I’m sorry.” Jenny said holding onto Patrick.

“Where are the others?” I asked.

“Well, Andy and Chrissy are running around here somewhere to distract the other men outside so I could sneak in and get you guys. Sam and Joe are doing surveillance and such in the van a block away. They shut down the lights and cameras for a bit for me to get in here quietly. In other words they hacked in their computer defense system.” Jenny explained.

“Wow. I didn’t know Joe was that good.” I said impressed.

“You would be amazed at what all he knows.” Patrick said.

“Amanda, you are ok, right?” Erelin asked seeing me keep looking back at Sisky lying there on the floor.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said unsure why I even cared about how he was.

I heard a mumble come from Sisky. He was trying to come to. I looked back at him.

“Come on. You need to be the buffer between us and your mom so she doesn’t have our heads for breaking out.” Erelin said grabbing my arm as we left Sisky and the other guard there and took off in the direction that my mom and Pete were.

I took them to where Pete, my mom, and me had all been talking earlier. I was not going to be the one to barge in on Pete and my mother’s conversation. Patrick finally knocked, and when no one answered, Brendon was the first to barge in with me rolling my eyes. This was not a good idea.

I saw the confused look on Pete’s face. I then turned to see my mother get up from where she was sitting. We are in big trouble now.

“Amanda, what is this and who is the girl?” My mom asked walking over to me with Jenny hiding behind Patrick for support. For someone who could take out vampires and plan a rescue she sure was scared of my mom. I did not know if I should laugh at or be worried for her.

“Mom,” I said stepping in front of Patrick, “This is Jenny.” “She is Patrick’s girlfriend.” I said trying to smile and not act afraid.

“How did you get in here, missy?” Mom asked.

“I, uh…uh staged a rescue because I thought that they needed rescuing.” Jenny said nervously.

“You did this by yourself?” Mom asked.

“Well…” Jenny began to say.

“Boss! Boss!” Some guards yelled down the hall.

“Now what?” My mother asked stepping out into the hall.

“We caught these intruders running around outside.” One guard said holding Chrissy and another was holding Andy with two more guards behind them.

“I take it these are friends of yours as well, Amanda.” My mother said shaking her head.