A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

New Beginnings

“Sam! I am so glad that you are alright!” I said running over to her and hugging her. I made her drop the clothes in her hands that she was going to let me borrow.

“I am so sorry. I wanted to call you. I wanted to tell you but they told me I couldn’t. I told Pete that you weren’t this monster he thought you would be. But vampires are stubborn I guess.” She said sighing.

“We have to pick up Erelin tonight.” I said.

“I know. Pete quickly informed me.” Sam said sitting on the bed.

I grabbed the clothes off the floor and cleaned up some in the bathroom then I came out looking all refreshed except for the bags under my eyes from not enough sleep.

“Well, I think Pete will be the first guy that you have let see you without makeup in a long time.” She said snickering.

“Hey!” I said throwing a pillow at her.

“Well, it is true. Vampire or not I would so try to hook up with Pete if I didn’t have my Joe.” She said laughing at me.

“Look. I don’t want a relationship with Pete. I barely know him. I mean he kidnaps me and informs me what my dad is and that oh yeah I was going to be a pawn in his revenge did you forget? But on the other hand I feel obligated to help him bring down my dad because I felt all his emotions. And you know I can read people; I saw Pete’s soul.” I said sighing as I sat on the bed.

“Well, all I can say is that Pete is one fine, good looking guy. If you are going to be living here then you will certainly get to know him.” Sam said almost encouraging me to hookup with Pete.

“I just want to try and be friends and make this transition of now living here as easy as possible.” I said.

“We better go tell Pete that you are ready and get your things.” Sam said getting off the bed.

“Can we pull in somewhere afterwards? I really am hungry.” I said.

“Hungry for what?” Sam said taking off down the hall to Pete’s room.

“Sam!” I said laughing and taking off after her. I stopped because I ran into Brendon who stepped out of his room.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” I said looking up at Brendon. He was taller than Pete and handsome as well.

“It’s alright. So, I see that Pete showed you your room?” He asked.

“Yes. Look, Brendon about last night. I am so sorry.” I said noticing his fangs weren’t out.

“It’s cool.” He said giving me a mischievous grin that I know if Erelin was here she would be flipping out over.

“Well, you are going to help kidnap my other best friend Erelin, tonight, right?” I asked smiling because I knew he had a crush on her.

“Um, yeah, that sounds great.” He said turning red. I knew it. I knew he liked her.

“There you are!” Sam came back and grabbed me. “Sorry Brendon. No time for chatter. Amanda and I are on a mission!” She said pulling me away from Brendon.

He just looked at me with a confused look and walked downstairs. Sam pulled me into Pete’s room. Pete was scribbling something down it looked in a notebook.

“Well, I am refreshed and ready for duty, sir!” I said laughing. Sam laughed but Pete didn’t.

“Amanda, don’t be long and when you get your cell, call me. Sam knows the number and be careful in case your dad somehow made it home. Remember you are staying at Sam’s for awhile.” He said concerned.

“I got it.” I said turning around to notice Sam had already walked out leaving me in the room alone with Pete.

“Oh, and Amanda,” he said getting off the bed, “I want you to have this.”

He handed me a necklace with a small bat on it. It will help you if you are in trouble and we aren’t there. I told you that we have friends and they will protect you if they see this. Brendon and I have saved many people from you dad.” He said placing it on me.

I felt chills as he put the necklace on and touched my neck. I turned and barely got out a thank you. He had a warm smile. But I couldn’t let myself get attached to him. I didn’t want to get my heart broken again and I was sure that if I did start a relationship with Pete, I would.

“Ok, I guess I better find her.” I said awkwardly.

“Yeah, I guess you should.” He said standing there.

There was another moment of awkward silence as we both just stood in front of each other staring into each other’s eyes. I turned to walk away finally and he grabbed my arm and spun me around pulling me close to him.

“Amanda, I…” He started to say.

“Yes?” I said with both our lips moving towards each other.

“Pete, quit hogging my best friend!” Sam said as she entered the room and pulled me away from Pete.

“Hey! What was that for?” I asked as she dragged me down the steps.

“I was saving you.” She said.

“What?” I asked confused. One minute she wants me to hook up with him and now she doesn’t.

“Look about earlier, I shouldn’t have implied that you and Pete hook up. I realize that even though it has been a few months since you and Colin broke up it has been hard on you and I am sorry about being inconsiderate of your feelings.” She said as we quickly walked out of the mansion and into the daylight heading to her car.

“Oh.” I said.

I don’t know what to do now. Yes, I was upset about my breakup with Colin but Pete wanted to kiss me, right? Was he starting to feel something for me? Am I crazy? This is nuts. I can’t have a relationship with a vampire can I?

As Sam drove to my house I sat in silence. I kept playing with the necklace I was wearing that Pete gave me. Was there more to why he gave this to me? I think as of today my life has been totally turned upside down.