Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

II

"Wake up Millie!" Somebody called to me from outside my bedroom door.

I let out a muffled groan and turned over, trying to fall asleep again. I was jolted when I felt my covers being pulled from my body. My almost bare legs were exposed to the air conditioning and my cami did nothing to keep my torso warm. I looked at the foot of my bed to see what monster was waking me up so early.

"What do you want Garrett?" I asked, pulling my covers back to my body.

"To go out for some breakfast with my little sis, of course." He smiled.

"Why are you up so early? It's 7 o'clock." I groaned again.

"Mom woke me up on her way to work and I can't get back to sleep so will you please just get some breakfast with me so I don't look like some creepy pedophile?" He begged.

"Well fine, but just so you know, it's not in my power to stop you from looking like a creepy pedophile." I smirked as I rose out of bed. "Now let me get dressed."

He nodded and walked out of my room and shut the door behind him. I stretched my arms over my head and let out a content sigh as my muscles relaxed.

I pulled my shorts down and took off my cami. I pulled on some new panties and a bra and then a plain black t-shirt and a high waisted skirt. Then I brushed my hair and put on my make up. Once I felt I looked presentable I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room.

"Finally!" Garrett cried as I walked down the stairs.

"Oh, shut up." I told him jokingly.

We walked out to the car and got in. He turned to me and asked, "Where do you wanna go?"

"I don't know...Ihop?" I suggested.

"No I always go there. Do you wanna go to The Cafe?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged, not really being much of breakfast person anyway, seeing as how I was usually asleep during the meal.

He nodded and started driving towards town.

"So, John was pretty pissed that you didn't make him anything the other night." He snickered

"Yeah well it took me like two days to get that fucking stench out of my car, plus he just stole my salad anyway. Like, honestly? Who does that? He's decent to everyone else in the world, why not me?" I cried.

"I don't know. I guess you two just weren't meant to get along." He shrugged like it was nothing.

I rolled my eyes and grunted. "Whatever, let's talk about something else."

"Okay so, uh, you know how we're not going on a real tour until June?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well, we have some international shows that we're doing in a few weeks...so I'll be gone for like a month tops." He told me.

"What? That fucking sucks." I frowned. "What a bummer."

"Yeah, I know. But you could come with-"

"Absolutely not." I interrupted.

"Okay, fine. I was just being nice."

"Well my idea of a vacation isn't spending it anywhere near John O'Callaghan."

"The fifth." Garrett finished for me.

"Shut up."

He laughed and turned the radio up.

We went to breakfast and had a pretty good time. I ordered a cinnamon bun and he got an omelet. After that we went shopping for a little while and got some new movies. When we got back into the car after leaving the mall Garrett's phone started to ring.

"Hello? Hey what's up, man? Right now? Fine but Millie's with me. Okay. Where are you? We'll be there soon. You're welcome. Bye."

I was confused by his one sided conversation, but had a pretty good guess at why he was telling the person on the other line that I was with him.

"Was that John?" I sighed.

"Wow, you're a really good guesser. You should be on a game show or something. You're so smart that-"

"So it was John? Awesome." I frowned, crossing my arms.

"He just needs a ride home from some party he went to last night. Calm down." He lectured.

"Don't tell me to calm down. I hate that." I groaned.

We started driving to the house that the douchebag was at. I started to recognize the neighborhood, but I didn't know why.

Then it hit me. This was my ex's neighborhood. I had dated him in high school but we broke up when he went away for college because neither of us wanted to do a long distance relationship.

We started getting closer to his house. Just my luck. John was standing outside talking to him. They both looked like shit to be honest, but what does one expect after a night of partying?

Garrett pulled up to the car and Danny immediately spotted me.

"Millie Nickelsen?" He asked as he approached the car.

I smiled at him remembering me. John had a confused look on his face and Garrett just watched us.

I got out of the car and gave Danny a huge hug.

"Hey Danny." I smiled as I pulled away. "How have you been?"

"I've been great. You look incredible, Mill. I missed you so much. You probably have a boyfriend though..." He trailed off with a frown.

"Nope. I'm still single. I haven't dated anyone since you left." I said, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"How's that possible? Every guy in town must have been all over you."

"Hahaha." John laughed.

I punched him in the arm, but he barely felt it seeing as how I was so weak.

"She's a real catch Dan." John said as he rolled his eyes.

"You've just got to stay on her good side, O'Callaghan." He said.

"She has one?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do. You've just never seen it." I retorted.

How could he be making me so angry when the guy I was in love with for two years was standing in front of me?

"Well, sorry to break up the reunion, but I smell like shit so I think we should get home. Let's go Milton." John ordered as he started to drag me towards the car by my arm.

"Ugh," I grunted, "Sorry Danny. Call me and we'll catch up?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure thing Mills. I really missed you." He smiled.

John opened my door and pushed me into the front seat before getting in the back.

"Well that was just adorable. Didn't you think so Garrett? Two high school sweethearts catching up. It's just too bad though. Danny could have gotten some really hot chicks."

I frowned when he said that. Danny always had girls all over him and most were a lot prettier than I was. But he never gave me a reason not to trust him, so I had to. And besides, he was way too nice to ever cheat.

"John, just shut up." Garrett scolded.

"Just saying." He shrugged from the backseat, looking at me through the rear view mirror. Just making sure that what he said got to me.

It felt like hours before we pulled up to his house.

"Later Garrett. Thanks, man."

"No problem, dude. See you later." He replied.

As John walked into his house I looked at him. He had gotten pretty cute.

Ha, no way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. Poor Millie.

What do you think is going to happen with Danny and John? Why did John get so mad when she was talking to him?

Comment and subscribe!! How about 3 comments before I update? Thanks!