Status: Done :(

I've Been Waiting Such a Long Time for Someone to Come Along

XXII

One week.

It had been a week since that phone call. One whole week. As much as I wanted John ignoring me to make me angry, it didn't. It hurt me more than anything that he didn't care enough about me to check up on me. But somehow I felt like there was more to his silent treatment than just me. Garrett seemed awfully weird when he called lately.

Other than that, work had been terrible. I never felt so alone in my life as I had the past few days. I just wanted John to come home so I could apologize and we could start our real relationship off on the right foot.

I sat in my bedroom listening to music and drawing up plans for my restaurant. I had everything perfectly set up. I knew the exact interior I wanted, the colors of the walls, the theme, and even the type of music I wanted to play. I had drawn up some menus and figured out costs and profits. To say I was excited would have been an understatement.

I was completely ecstatic at the prospect of owning my very own restaurant. If it was successful, then I could open another one, and another one, and maybe even branch out beyond Phoenix. And I could do all of it with an incredibly supportive boyfriend who started it all.

As I was contemplating what kind of lighting to put in, my phone started to ring. I got excited, thinking it was John. My face fell when I saw the other familiar number.

"Hello?" I asked, trying to sound nice.

"Millie..." He said in a broken voice.

"Danny, what's wrong?" I asked, setting my sketch book aside.

"She left me. She took everything. Millie I need you." He begged.

"Are you at your place?" I asked sympathetically.

"What's left of it." He answered, sadly.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." I replied, hanging up the phone.

After tossing my phone onto my bed I sat up and got dressed. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater. I wasn't trying to impress him anymore. I ran a brush through my hair and walked out the door.

I got in my car and started it up. I pulled out of my driveway and started off to Danny's.

Once I got there I walked up to his front door and knocked a few times.

He opened immediately, looking so sad.

"Hey Danny." I greeted.

"Hey Mills. Thanks for coming." He responded, pulling me in for a hug.

After we pulled away I stepped inside his house. I realized that he was being very literal when he said she took everything. There was hardly a piece of furniture in the whole place.

"I know." He said after he saw my expression.

My mouth was gaping at what this girl had done. How could a human do that to another human? It's insane!

"I'm so sorry. I'll go furniture shopping with you if you want. No offense, but you've got no style." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't do that Millie." He frowned. "This is serious. She took everything! I thought...I thought she loved me."

He heaved another sigh and sat on the floor. I took a seat next to him and wrapped my arms around the poor guy.

"It just wasn't meant to be. Maybe it was a learning experience, you know? It taught you to not move so fast with girls you hardly know." I shrugged.

"I knew her though. She was John's girlfriend awhile back. Daisy Madden. Or at least I thought I knew her. I'm an idiot." He pouted.

"She was John's ex? The one who used him?" I blurted out.

He turned to me and nodded sadly.

I felt so bad for him. He was like an abandoned puppy that you know you shouldn't keep, but you take in anyway.

"Why did we ever break up, Millie?" He asked as he draped his arm around me.

Because you met the love of your life.

"You said we were better as friends." I stated.

He sighed and nuzzled his face into my hair.

"I never should have said that. You're the best I'm ever gonna have, Mills. I shouldn't have let you go." He said, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

"Danny..." I sighed as I pulled away from his grasp. "I'm with John now. You've got to let go or this whole thing is going to be even more painful."

"But I love you Millie!" He exclaimed.

I stood up from the floor and started to walk away.

"You're not in love with me, Danny. You're in love with the idea of me. You want me to always be here for you in case things don't work out, but that's not fair to me. I'm not going to do it anymore. I have someone that wants me to be there whether his life is great or shitty. You need to find someone like that too." I advised as I reached out to open the door.

"Millie!" He cried. "You can't leave me. You've always been here for me."

"Well that's about to change. It's all take and no give Danny. If we can even be friends I need some support too. This is the first time you've called me in a month and it's only because you're falling apart, but I can't pick up the pieces anymore." I explained. "I'm sorry."

"Millie... No." He whispered with pleading eyes.

"Goodbye."

And with that, I left.

I left the house of Danny Anderson for the last time. It was empowering to know that I had finally cut things off for good. He had a part of me that he didn't deserve, and I finally got it back.

Now I just need to give that missing piece to the guy who deserves it the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's a terrible filler for you.

I usually don't do this, but hopefully it will inspire comments since I haven't been getting many (which I don't blame you for because the last few chapters sucked) but he's a little sneak preview of what's going to happen in the next few chapter: John comes back and may or may not follow through with the proposal. John and Millie both hurt each other and one of them makes a huge mistake.

BOOM

Drama ahead. So stay tuned.

Comment and subscribe!