Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Coming Home

I was coming home, the thought of me returning home was one I thought I wouldn’t see in a long time. Having to juggle me getting my bachelor’s degree along with a headlining nation tour wasn’t the easiest but I could now say I had done both.

Being a singer starting out wasn’t easy, especially with going to college in New York and being followed by paparazzi most of the time I was happy to be home. I knew it wasn’t smart to be trying to lay low in California, where it was probably worse.

But my family all lived in California, and I knew it would be better for me to be in familiar environment.

So here I was back in Huntington Beach, not that far from LA or Long Beach so when it was necessary to be back in the spot light it wouldn’t be as hard as it was when necessary to go from New York.

Getting out of the new car recently bought I headed towards my parents house, I was staying at their place until I found a place for myself.

Laughing I walked through the front door, my excitement showing. I hadn’t been home since I left for college and I was excited to get home.

“Mom? I’m home” I called out as I placed my few bags down.

“Faith! Oh Faith it’s so good to see you again” she exclaimed pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

I laughed smiling, “I missed you” I murmured hugging her tighter.

She laughed; “How were the last days of tour?” she asked as we walked into the living room.

“It was good, I’m going to miss the rest of the crew but I’ll see them soon” I told her.

“You’re dad will be so happy to see you” she pointed out.

“I missed him too” I admitted.

Chuckling she hugged me again; “I feel like if I don’t take advantage of you being here that
it’ll be another few months till I see you again” she admitted softly.

I frowned, “Mom, you know I would have loved to visit, things came up” I murmured.

Nodding she stood up; “Let’s get your stuff upstairs to your room” she told me.

“I left the trunk open” I informed her as I took my three bags that I brought in with myself upstairs to my old room.

Being an only child had been interesting, but it made me happy that my parents hadn’t spoiled me like other only child’s that I had known.

“I forgot to tell you, we’re actually having a little get together tonight with the Baker’s next door, you remember them right?” she asked.

I nodded keeping my emotions in line so I wouldn’t let her think something was wrong, “So it’ll be casual right?” I asked her.

“Of course, it’ll just be in our back in our yard. Maria promised that she would have Zack come” she informed me.

Grabbing my purse, car keys and phone I looked up at her, “I’m heading towards the grocery store to get a few things. Do you need anything for tonight?”

“Just get a few sodas if you don’t mind” she told me.

“Ok, I’ll be back soon. Call me if you need anything else” I told her.

She headed towards her bedroom as I headed downstairs towards the front door; I knew that I would be giving up my comfort of knowing I wouldn’t be running into the very people I was running away from in the beginning.

I left for college across the country because I was running away from problems with people going on tour around the country, only to find myself have headlining tour.

But that was the point of growing up, learning to deal with problems instead of trying to forget about them.

I sighed as I parked in the parking lot outside the grocery store and slid on my sunglasses, I didn’t feel like having another encounter in the store like I did at the airport.

I did love my fans, but sometimes people just wanted some privacy and quiet and not have to deal with crowds of loud people wanting to be all around you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mkay, so this is my first time writting an Avenged Sevenfold story so take it easy on me. But i'd love it if you could comment or subscribe