Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Did you forget everything?

“Babe, when are we getting our decorations up?” I asked Brian as we walked into Matt’s place and I looked up at their decorations enviously.

Brian chuckled following my gaze towards their enormous Christmas tree with decorations and presents at the bottom. “It’s only the 15th, but if it makes you feel better we can go buy our tree after we leave” he soothed me before Val pulled me with her into the kitchen.

“You need to stop avoiding him, or ignoring him. Whatever you want to call what you’re doing to Zacky.” Val ordered me as she got plates our along with food.

Rolling my eyes I looked at her as I picked up a cookie, “I’m just busy” I mumbled as I bit into the frosted masterpiece.

“You mean ignoring him? He’s driving me up the wall asking about you” she complained as her phone started ringing, she sent me a glare as she answered.

I sniggered as I watched in amusement as she tried to get off the phone with Zack; once he wanted something accomplished he was determined for it to be completed. Val knew that perfectly well now that he kept calling her. When my phone started ringing Val sent a death glare waning me to answer it. I felt bad so I gave in and answered.

“Hello?” answering I reached for another cookie only for my hand to be slapped by Val.
“Look who’s not dead, so why are you ignoring my calls?” Zack asked getting to the point.

“I’m not, I’m just busy with planning for my tour” I told him, grabbing a beer and opening it.

“Bull, you answered Jimmy’s call when I was standing right next to him five minutes after I called you” he replied getting impatient.

“Jimmy’s helping me out with Brian’s present genius, so what did you call for?” I inquired.

“Can’t I spend some time with my best friend?” he asked pretending to be hurt.

Not if your bitch of a girlfriend’s going to be there. You know I can’t stand her and she enjoys name calling like a five year old” giving him an ultimatum was a bit harsh but I refused to spend time with Gena.

“How about I go over for dinner tonight? You can make my favorite food” he bargained.

“And you don’t bring along blondie?” I asked him

He laughed, “No I won’t bring Gena, it’ll be just us”, I could tell he was amused.

“Yeah, just us and Brian. Oh! You get to help decorate the living room” I realized causing him to groan.

“Can’t I just eat and watch you and Brian set up?” he complained.

“No, take it or leave it Zack. So I’ll see you later then? I’ve got to go” I hung up to see an amused Val.

“You can’t tell me you missed him” Val murmured softly.

“I don’t miss what I had to go through” I muttered grabbing a beer for Brian before leaving the kitchen to give him his.

“Where’s mine?” Matt complained as I handed Brian his beer.

“Ask your wife” I told him as I sat on Brian’s lap.

“I told you I had the best girlfriend ever, I didn’t even ask her” Brian gloated causing me to laugh.

“Val can you get me a beer?” Matt called out hopeful.

“You have legs” Val called back from the kitchen, in result Brian laughed while I shook my head.

“I’ll get it you big baby” I muttered walking back to the kitchen.

Val laughed as I grabbed Matt’s beer, “You encourage them to be lazy”.

“Well someone has to” I reasoned before going to join the guys.

“Babe, how tall do you want the tree?” Brian inquired as he pulled me onto his lap.

“Tall” I said simply causing them to laugh, “Oh and Zee is coming over for dinner tonight so after we buy the tree we’ll have to stop at the store so I can make his favorite” I added.

“You never make my favorite” Matt complained.

“That’s why you have Val, I here have Faith who’s the best I could ask for” Brian retorted.

“At least I’m not whipped” Matt chuckled as Brian and I both glared at him.

“He’s not whipped, he’s just a gentleman” I defended him with a smile.

Matt scoffing shook his head; “This dickhead can’t be a gentleman, he’s only useful for playing guitar”.

“And you wonder why I never make your favorite. You don’t know how to play nice” Val smirked as she walked over to us with the food.

We hung out for another few hours just all of us hanging out like old times. “So are you two the next to walk down the aisle or is it gonna end up being Zee and the bitch?” Val asked curiously.

“At this rate? It’s going to be these two idiots” Matt chuckled.

“Zack and Gena are having problems?” Brian asked confused.

Matt nodded, “I was at their place yesterday and Gena came home to throwing things at him, Zack looked like he was ready to shoot someone”.

I frowned as I let thoughts enter my mind about how I would have never done something like that if I was dating Zack, the seconds the thought entered my mind I felt even more guilty knowing I was with Brian and shouldn’t be thinking those things.

“I have to show you a dress that I bought, I need your opinion” Val told me quickly before pulling me up the stairs.

“What?” I asked her rubbing the wrist she had dragged me with.

“I saw your face! All along I thought you got over him but apparently not” she shook her head pacing.

I gave her a look, “What on earth are you talking about?” I asked her confused.

“I’m sorry, but you two need to talk your shit out. You’re not over him and he’s not over you” she sighed.

“He’s not over me? When was he into me?”

“He’s always been into you! You two have always been to blind to realize that.” She complained.

“Val, I’m over him. I have been for a while. I’m with Brian now. I’m happy with him.” I assured her.

“Are you sure? I don’t this turning into you leaving again” she murmured softly hugging me.

“I’ve been over him for a while. I’m happy with Brian” I tried assuring myself more than her.

Smiling she chuckled before going back downstairs with me following.

“What was that about?” Matt asked chuckling.

“I wanted her opinion on a dress I bought and I remembered last minute” she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Val, you’re crazy” Matt teased her as Brian grabbed my hand. “We’ll see you two later”.