Status: Just Started

Letters to Faith

Honesty

“Faith, is there something you want to tell Brian?” Jimmy asked walking up to me as we waited for the rest of the group to get to the hotel lobby so we could all go out to eat breakfast.

“What are you talking about?”I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him as he pulled something from behind me, revealing a gossip magazine with Kola and I on the cover.

“What about it?” I asked him as I pulled the magazine from him so I could read it.

“You’re so called friend in New York who had an accident, he’s your ex fiancé” he pointed out as I flipped through the pages.

“Don’t you think Brian should at least know that it was your ex that you were taking care of?” he added softly.

“Does it matter, there’s nothing between Kellan and I anymore” I reasoned as I handed him back the magazine.

“How about the fact that you were going to get married in the summer, you left him just a few months before your wedding and now you’re with Brian. You were with this guy for years, the least Brian deserves is for you to tell him the truth of what you left behind in New York”
explaining he shook his head to see me so determined not to tell Brian.

“Left what in New York?” Brian asked coming up from behind me as he hugged my torso.

“Old stuff” I murmured sending Jimmy a look, I was warning him to stay out of it. It wasn’t his business to begin with.

“Are you ready to go? The guys said to get a head start and that we’ll meet up at the
breakfast place” Brian let me know as Jimmy chuckled.

“I’m going to go wake up short shit, we’ll meet you guys there” Jimmy told us before leaving us alone to leave the hotel.

What we didn’t expect to find outside of the hotel were swarms of paparazzi calling out my name, “Is it true you were in New York with Kellan?”, “Are you and Kellan back together?”, “When is the wedding taking place”. Were a few of the things they yelled at Brian and I as we hurried into the car waiting for us.

“What was that about?” Brian asked looking out the tinted windows where the paparazzi were trying to take pictures.

“I don’t know you know how the press is” I murmured not wanting him to know. I knew it wasn't good to keep things from him but I knew he would get upset knowing what exactly I had left behind in New York.

“So are you excited about your birthday being tomorrow?” Brian inquired with a smirk as he drove to the breakfast place.

“Depends what I’m getting” I answered as I looked at him with a smile.

“I told you to just tell me what you wanted” he groaned.

“I just want to be with you” as I assured him I leaned over and pecked his cheek as he parked. “Now let’s go, I’m starving”.

Chuckling he grabbed my hand as we walked into the restaurant and got seated, we talked about regular common topics until he got a phone call so I paid attention to my phone as I read emails dealing with my tour. I looked up startled when Brian slammed his phone down on the table, the silverware shaking.

“What?” I asked him worried.

“It’s unbelievable, what the press attempt to sell; it’s as if they have nothing better do with their lives” he hissed angrily.

“What was it this time?” it wasn’t the best thing to see Brian upset, when he did get upset it was for a plausible reason and it wasn’t enjoyable.

“They’re claiming you were in New York with another guy, that you basically have a secret life. They were trying to get me angry” he admitted as our food came.

I shook my head I looked at him; I would explain to him later when he was calmer than he was now. “Let’s just eat and enjoy the moment”.

We spent the rest of the day together in the hotel room just cuddling and spending time with each other until I noticed he was calm enough to explain what exactly had went on in New York. “Babe, it’s good to be honest in a relationship right?” I asked him softly as he traced patters on the piece of revealed skin on my hip between my jeans and top.

“It’s always good to be honest, secrets destroy a relationship” he agreed.

“So you promise not to get mad with what I tell you?” I inquired looking up at him, he nodded worry on his face as he waited for me to continue, “So before I left New York I was seeing
someone”.

Brian sat up staring at me as I sat up, this was a conversation I knew that shouldn’t have been conversed while were just laying down, “How long were you with him?” he murmured.

“Since I moved there” I answered him, I licked my lips, “We were engaged”.

He shook his head getting off the bed and scoffed, “And you ended things with him, came back and instantly got in a relationship with me” he put the details together.

“I called the wedding off a few weeks before I left New York, I ran into you and everything got fucked up.” I put the details in order for him.

“And he was the one in an accident” he pointed out.

I nodded; “I couldn’t leave him to be alone in the hospital, he was there for me through dark times. Brian, would you rather prefer me be a heartless bitch?” I question softly.

Nodding he looked at me; “But you two have nothing going on anymore?” he made sure.

“I wouldn’t do that to you, I love you. What I had with him is over, and now it’s just you and me. I felt like you deserved to know who exactly I was taking care of in New York”.

He pulled me into a tight hug before pecking my lips, “I’m not losing you again, I’m fixing whatever flaws I had when we were dating before” he promised as I wrapped my arms around him.

"So why exactly did you cancel the wedding?" he asked softly.

"I couldn't handle knowing he would be filming most of our first years in a marriage, I would have ended up seeing him through short periods of time" I mumbled.

"Who exactly was this?"

Sighing I shook my head; "Just an actor in the Twilight movies".

"McKenna made me go see the first movie, who does he play?"

"He was the brother with the black hair, he was dating the blonde; Nikki Reed".

Brian just started laughing, "I would have never expected you to go for those beach boys" he continued to laugh until I slapped his arm.

"Just because I'm not dating him anymore doesn't mean he's not a close friend anymore. He's been there for me through a lot of shit and I'm not having you make fun of him" i warned him with a glare.