Status: completed :)

You Taught Me Love

Just A Random Conversation and A Key Always Comes With Its Lock

Just A Random Conversation

“Are you finally gonna give it to him, bro?”

“What?”

“Oh, don't even try. I know you've been thinking about it.”

“Well yeah, but... Not yet. On his birthday.”

“Oh I see...He'll be turning 18, huh?”

“Yeah, but that's not the only reason.”

“Hm. He hasn't even taken it off yet has he? Every time I see him, he's wearing the necklace.”

“He only takes it off in bed or in the shower.”

“That's kinda cute. You know, I didn't agree about this at all at the beginning.”

“I know... How about now?”

“Eh. It's your life.”

“What? That's all? Eh?”

“No. He's great for you, Gerard. I'm happy.”

“Good. I love you, Mikey.”

“I love me too.”

“Idiot.”

“Ow! Hey, okay, okay! Don't punch me! I love you too. There. *cough* narcissist *cough*”

* * * * * * *

A Key Always Comes With Its Lock

Halloween
16:30

Gerard's P.O.V.

I'm so fucking nervous...

I paced around the room, biting my nails to the flesh as I waited for Frankie to come back from school. I had taken the day off from work to set up everything for his birthday, and I wanted every detail to be perfect. I stole a glance at the dining table. Wine? Check. Candles? Check. Italian Garden Risotto? Check and steamy. Fucking baked Alaska that took me hours to make? Check. Little jack-o'-lantern to fit the Halloween spirit? Check.
The gift? Check.
I looked down at my watch. 16:36. He'd be home in about ten minutes...
He usually gets here before me, 'cause his college finishes sooner, so tonight I'd be surprising him by greeting him at our door.
Oh yeah, I guess that's new. Since his last fight with his mom, Frank moved in with me. He brought all his stuff, even Pansy, and my room became ours.
These past months, living together like this, have honestly been the best of my life. I thought it might have made our relationship more banal with time, but waking up every morning next to him always fills me with joy and the feeling that I'm still dreaming.
Unfortunately he and his mom haven't made up yet, and I still haven't met her properly. That's gonna have to change...

16: 45

Oh God.
I took one last look in the mirror and opened a couple of buttons on my dark green satin shirt, trying out smiles like a douche bag in front of the glass. Semi-satisfied, I sat down on the sofa and waited impatiently for the clinging of Frankie's keys. I passed my fingers through my hair and was almost confused when I felt the cold gel at the tips, mixed with the last droplets of water I couldn't dry with the blow-drier. I had just taken a shower and for once, I had combed my hair back and tried to do something decent with it. I wasn't too sure about the result, but I hoped Frankie would like it. I had even put some eyeliner for him, which I only did twice before.

I heard footsteps coming from the hallway, and I felt my heart pound hard against my ribcage. I couldn't stop my eyes from slipping to the neatly wrapped gift sitting on the table...
Calm down, Gerard.
I got up as his keys turned in the lock, grabbed the bouquet and made my way to the door.
Deep breath.

“Gerard!” he exclaimed, his face brightening up with a gorgeous smile as he dropped his bag on the floor. “What are you doing here?”
He pulled me in a close hug, to which I answered with one arm as I was holding the flowers behind my back.

“I'm not working today,” I told him, kissing his cheek. “I wanted to be here for your birthday. And our anniversary.”

“That's so sweet, Gee,” he thanked me as he pulled away, pressing his lips to mine briefly before taking in my appearance. “I -- Whoa. You look fucking amazing, babe...”

“Really? Thanks. I wasn't sure if you'd like it and... Anyway. This is for you.”
I stopped rambling and handed him the roses, smiling at the flashback of the last time I gave him these same flowers, the day we first made love.

“Nine roses for eternal love, honey. Orange roses for desire, white roses for purity, and red ones for passion.”

“Oh, Gerard...”

He placed his hand on mine around the stems and leaned in for a tender kiss, both of us closing our lids to enjoy the beautiful moment. Somewhere during the embrace, the bouquet fell on the carpet and his arms wrapped behind my neck, and we ended up just looking in each others eyes.

“I hope you're hungry,” I whispered against his mouth, stroking his hair out of his face.

“Oh, I'm always hungry for you,” he joked, biting my lower lip softly as he mumbled something about how good I tasted.

“That sounds heavenly,” I laughed, trying to hold his face away as he refused to let go of my lip. “Save that for later though, 'cause I'm talking about the meal on the table over there.”

* * * * * * *

“My Gosh, Gerard,” he moaned as he shoved the last bite of cake in his mouth. “This stuff is delicious! You're officially the best boyfriend and cook ever. I can't believe you made this all for me...”

“Frankie, you're the only one I'd ever go through the pain of a baked Alaska for, and that's very serious,” I chuckled, before pouring the rest of my wine down my throat in a shot. Not that it did much, but I'd need it to do what I was about to do.

“And now that the dessert's done,” I started, feeling sweat beads already start forming on the back of my neck., “we can get to the gift.”

“You didn't have to, baby. Having this supper with you is so much of a gift already...”

“Trust me, I did.”
I smiled as I pushed the box in front of him, pecking his lips one last time before everything could change.

“Thanks, baby.”
He tore off the white wrapping paper carefully, gradually revealing a small, square rosewood case that had been embellished with carved suns.
I learned when I was a child a special meaning of the Sun: my grandma told me the story of a couple who, the night of their wedding, watched the sunset together, and the woman asked her husband, “Why does the Sun have to set on our love, on this wonderful day?” to which the man answered, “The Sun is not setting, it is only preparing tomorrow to be an even brighter day for our love.” I had always thought it was the most romantic thing ever. Yeah, I'm cheesy, sue me.

Frank took the case in his hands and passed an index on the carvings, before noticing the keyhole and handle on the side of the lid.
He pulled the short knob upwards, with no result.

“Um, it's locked,” he stated obviously, poking at the wooden box.

“I know,” I said, pointing to him. “You have the key.”

“What, I – Oh Gosh, the necklace! This is what it opens? Wow, I had given up on it actually meaning anything. You waited a year to give me this?”

“Yes, and yes. Go ahead, unlock it.”
I felt my hands start shaking and clenched my fists under the table, looking intently as he took off the necklace and held the key between his fingers, a huge grin on his lips.
He pushed it in the lock.
Deep breaths, Gerard...
He twisted the key, and the mechanism clicked.
Here it goes...
He opened the box, exposing my grandmother's engagement ring.

“Oh my God...”
He brought a hand to his mouth, as the other held the case shakily.
His eyes widened as he stared at the silver band, made of two snakes who held a heart-shaped ruby between their mouths. The ring was cradled in velvet padding, where my grandfather had written years ago: «xoxo»
He turned to me, giggling and smiling widely as he placed the box on the table. He was glowing.

The nervous feeling in my gut was quickly replaced, by nothing else than pure love.
I got on one knee and took his hand in mine, looking up in the deep of his glistening eyes as I opened my mouth to speak.

“I love you, Frank, and I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I want to be the one who'll always be there for you, the one who catches you when you fall, the one who makes you smile and comforts you when you cry. I want to be with you forever. I've never felt more for anyone than I do for you, and it's something I'll always fight for, no matter what. I love you, I want you, I need you. This day, a year ago, I understood that you were the right one, the only one who'd ever make me feel like this. You're the only man I ever want to go through life with. And I really do. Franklin Iero, will you make me the happiest fucking creature in the Universe, and... Marry me?”
His eyes filled with tears, that soon fell on his cheeks as he threw himself on me, hauling me in a passionate kiss. He held me close and moved his mouth against mine, the sweet wetness on our faces mixing as our tongues found their way together.
Such a blissful fire...

Our hearts were beating fast when we pulled away on the ground, and he guided my hand to his chest, where I felt his pounding heartbeat.

“You feel that?”
I nodded, tears of delight still flowing from my eyes.

“You're the one making it beat so fast.”
I brought his palm to rest under my shirt, making him feel my own heart. His skin was warm against mine, in a feeling I never wanted to lose.

“You feel that?”
He nodded, kissing me gently.

“You're the one making it beat.”
He pressed me tighter against him, threading his fingers through mine between us.

“I love you so much,” he whispered against my lips, looking straight into my eyes as I wiped his cheek.

“So, um...I guess that's a yes?”

“Yes, Gerard,” he laughed, squeezing my hand in his. “It's a yes. I will marry you.”

* * * * * * *

Frank's P.O.V.

The phone rang twice before she answered. Of course I was anxious, but it was somewhere far in the back of my mind, behind the overwhelming joy, the cold ring on my finger, and the feeling of Gerard's arms wrapped around me.

“Frank?” she asked hesitantly. We hadn't talked to each other in weeks.

“M-mom?” I spoke in the device, between a weird mix of giggles and crying. My fiance – oh my goodness, fiance! – kissed the side of my neck, soothing me enough to get the next words out.

“Yes?”

“I'm getting married!”

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello? :')
Oh my fuck. This story is over.
Here's my happy ending for you, hope you liked it.

76 chapters.
86 337 words.
251 days.
More than 1000 comments.
More than 1200 readers.
More than 400 subscribers.

I LOVE YOU.

P.S.: This story's over, but I'm not gone! I'm writing a Frerard with purplekilljoy :ANIMAL
and I wrote a one-shot you should definitely check out: BITTER KISS

P.P.S.:
HUGE THANKS TO:

Panic! At The Disco.
Bubbleloveworld
into.your.icy.blues.
celeste
rainbowsandstuff
Love_kas
FrankieLouise
CollisionCourse.
DiedAgainToday
MYFRERARDROMANCE
ljficisbetter
goesincircles
GreenKilljoyElliot
TechniColorScream
O.o?
Rainbowing
I Forgot My Name
Devihla
eno345
EmziesWay123
Aimbo
VetteLover
Rainbow_Smiles
ephedrine ruby
Mcrmy girl98
Celestial Euphoria
summer_rane
rainydaydarkness
Just.a.Kid
clockworkorange
splendidsteph
Bring Me Carolina
IntentToStartAFire
Anthony_Ryan_Storm
skeletonletters.
MCRgeeWay13
KilljoyScarecrow
Neon_Skies_Killjoy
kaleidoscope killer
SexyDork16
mcr_lover
snow482
MyChemFREAK
DustyBullet
whatidoforaliving
Bethany_Sykes
bobbilawrence
teletalk101
sunshinedetonator
janeisnotonfire
bowtiesarecool
shadows_in_shadows
demongirl1243
xBringMeBulletsx
DaniellaAutumn
xJoceliax
murderdolls_queen
nikkisixxsicles
angy_kaulitz
imjustsorandom
ThePaintedSmile
Damaged At Best
TheseLungsAreEmpty
Musicisthesavior
NxtStopAtrocity
not my secret 2 tell
sipherzz
demolitionlover13
shimixxxkilljoy
Frank_Iero
pinkpanther012895
zombie heart
dobbyssock
kristy333333
coolchessplayer
mydemonicromance
MonsterMinister13
Cyanide_Moonlight
paigevictoria
loripextra
foreverfaithful
Gaytay261
xlosing.alicex
andreajp
FreakyFrikey
SaveTheDolfins
X_Loserface_X
CyanideSweet-Tooth
Dumb_dumb
Rage Of Love
impish unicycle.
loveiswaycest
purplekilljoy
frerardlover1
LickThatBattery
DreamerHarlotSinner
Miranddraken
unicornz
elmoisemo6
Vampire_Money
Writing is my Life
sippingcyanide
Black Chemical Bride
Yours Truly X
Carver Edlund
YourLadyofSorrows
P!ATDandMCRlover
BlackParadeEndlessly
IForget
Kvetus
miss.sobriety
SingingSinner
kaymirtas
Rebby_Iero
Sideways Gary
JustUnRemember
meansomething
jbstar
KilljoyBekah
Barakatism
aMostBrutalGentleman
Brittany_Bloodsucker
ThirteenXIII
Space Dementia
Kea317
hannah_mcrmy
Adrenaline_Purgatory
roxie448
poisongirl24
doesitevenmatter
RedWallFlowers
JaseyRaex3
Cursed
LDW Choice
mlc-fi29
TheBall00ns
Avenged_Used
Body_Remains77
CannibalsDemise
XrayPineapple
biersack'sbitch
NeonBlood_Killjoy
WatchingForRainbows
Dear? Drop Dead.
DoYouWantToScrew?
Petal001
iero_is_my_hero
bella222
ToxicWhisper

THAT'S A WHOLE FUCKING LOT. O.O
Thank you so much <3
You made a difference in this story, you brought a smile to my face, and I love you.

SPECIAL HUGE THANKS <3 to Laura and Angely <3
<3 and purplekilljoy, Avenged_Used, Miranddraken, celeste, Bubbleloveworld, miss.sobriety, P!ATDandMCRlover, unicornz, ThirteenXIII, Neon_Skies_Killjoy, DaniellaAutumn, YourLadyofSorrows... (and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of you)
All those of you who stuck with me 'till the end, commented when they could, talked to me about stupid things that made me laugh, or just whom I spent some good time with here on Mibba.

<3 <3 <3

LOVE, ZOMBIES AND UNICORNZ.