Status: Join in!

Gerard Way's Birthday Mibba Collaboration 2011

Happy Birthday and Thank You!

Dear Gerard,

The first My Chemical Romance song I heard was 'Welcome to the Black Parade'. It was also the first video I ever saw of yours too. You were standing there singing and commanding the whole set and I was captured. This was the moment my life changed forever.

My friend got me to listen to your music and I'm so glad she did. I don't know what I would have done these past 4 years without your help, support and guidance. Even though you don't know me, I felt that the lyrics to the songs were written for me. They provided me with a safe haven and a place I could call my own. I also found some family that I'd been missing, the MCRmy. We're by your side every step of the way.

Last year, I was lucky enough to see you play live at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. It was one of the best nights of my entire life. I sang every song and danced to every song. The amount of people around me doing the same made me feel that this was the place I belonged.

In February, I went to see you again, this time in Cardiff. The moment Summertime came on, I felt you were singing it straight to me. There was no one else in the room as far as I was concerned.

You've made me laugh, cry, smile and you've saved me from myself.
I don't know what I would have done without you!

I love you and I want you to know how much you really mean to me.
Happy 34th Birthday (though it amazes me how you still don't look over 25) and I hope you have a very happy and healthy year!

Return to the UK very soon!!
Thank you for everything you've done.

Love Rachel
Killjoy Name: System-Failure Sunshine xx