Status: On-hold until I finish Tainted and Skipping Heartbeats.

So Contagious

two.

She had slapped him in front of everyone in the cafeteria. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Weren’t they perfect? I guess not.

Shock was evident on his face, along with the glowing red hand print. Our principle had been in there when it happened and swiftly moved in to helping out the situation. Miss Perfects screams and protests were blasting through my ears are she was escorted out of the cafeteria and once she was gone all attention was on him.

He seemed confused and embarrassed by whatever has transpired between them and calmly made his way out of there are well. Sighing softly, I went back to my lunch, well, more like picking at it. I hadn’t been in the mood to eat since my brother had moved out last weekend.

Now it was me and my mother. Sure, I loved having all her attention on me but sometimes I wished my father was home more often. He was a photographer for celebrities and he had to travel a lot. I thought his job was amazing but it took a toll on his marriage and relationships with his children sadly.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my father but I wish I could see him more often. My brother was the closest thing to him I could relate and he left for college on the west coast with his girlfriend he met online. He had promised to write me and call me when he had time but I had a feeling this was going to change our relationship.

Standing up and throwing my food away I walked out of the cafeteria and towards the art classroom. I had recently begun drawing my father taking photographs and I hoped to finish it for his birthday in a week. He had promised to be home and had made it clear to his schedule maker that he had to have that day off.

Entering the classroom, I pulled some pencils out of the stock cupboards and then retrieved my drawing from my drawer. Nodding to my teacher, I began drawing. He didn’t have class next period but he let me work on my art during lunch and leave it out until the next period when I had him before going home.

I heard the bell ring and slowly I began to stop drawing. It was almost finished all it needed was his eyes to become clearer. Grinning, I put the pencils away and then my drawing. Even if I was allowed to leave it out I didn’t want to leave this one out in fear something would happen to it.

Exiting the classroom, I headed to Spanish class where I was probably going to stare at the notes tiredly before passing out from exhaustion. Foreign languages were easy for me to pick up, thank you Rosetta Stone, but the teachers seemed to believe that I cheated and made me take the class at the pace everyone else did.

Sitting down in my seat, I pulled out my notes and began the assignment that was written poorly in Spanish on the board. The sad thing was I could write and speak Spanish better than this teacher. I was pretty sure she didn’t know anything about this language, but I wasn’t about to voice that out loud.

I was young not stupid; at least, that is what I kept telling myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. :)