Status: On-hold until I finish Tainted and Skipping Heartbeats.

So Contagious

three.

It wasn’t until I left my classroom of dreaded Spanish did I realize I was being followed. Glancing at the recently dumped Daniel, I smiled softly. He grinned widely which made me a little bit nervous. He had just been dumped and he was happy? Staring confused, he pushed me into a corner and waited until everyone had settled on their buses or their cars.

I wasn't exactly happy I missed my bus home, but I bet my mother would be more than happy to pick me up, yeah right. “What do you need Daniel?”

“You’re a beautiful girl,” he stated staring at me.

I blushed and I was pretty sure that grin was one of amusement. Did he find me attractive? Was this the time like in the movies when he was going to declare his undying love for me and tell me he had been forced to stay with that evil-wait what did he just say?

“What?” I asked dumbfounded.

“Will you be my fake girlfriend?”

Was he serious? “What for?”

“I want Vanessa back and I figure the only way to do that is to make her completely jealous of you!”

Had he thought about this for the last few hours? This plan was ridiculous! “Um, sorry but this isn’t a good idea. Maybe you should think of a better way,” he cut me off.

“No, no, I thought this through all through math and I am pretty sure the only way she is going to take me back,” he seemed so sure.

“Why do you want her back so bad? She did just dump you publicly and with abuse!” I couldn’t believe this.

“I will pay you, and I know that if we date instantly she will be suspicious so maybe we could hang out for a few weeks then fake-date? I think the arcade would be a first great date,” he rambled on making me wonder if he had a mental lapse.

“I don’t want to do it!” I nearly shouted.

“Please! I know that you probably are more focused on your studies and aren’t interested in boys right now since you haven’t blossomed but still,” he insisted.

“I haven’t blossomed? Are you insulting me? How do you expect me to want to help when you say things like that!”

He smirked, “Well, I guess no one would believe that we would date because of your lack of girlishness,” he trailed off.

“Fine! I will prove that I am good enough! I will be your fake girlfriend Daniel! Be prepared!” I nearly screamed.

“Gotcha,” he whispered handing me a piece of paper before walking off telling me to follow him.

What did he mean by ‘Gotcha’? Wait, I just agreed didn’t I? Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)