Status: Active Like Life:)

I Tried

Deal

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at the man across from me. I was careful to keep my face hidden from the next table and sat with my back facing them. 

I just wanted my child back.

"I warned you not to leave." He was completely cold, no emotion on his face. I looked down at the menu. 

"I had to," I muttered, vainly hoping he wouldn't hear me. He sneered.

"No, you didn't. Now your little girl's suffering. Because of you." Tears clogged my throat at the thought of what could possibly be happening to my daughter at the moment. 

"What do you want me to do?" I asked softly. I'd do anything for my child. 

"You're going to help me sell out here. I'm moving out here, living with you." My eyes widened and met his cold blue pools. He smirked. "Have any objections?" He knew damn well that I did. I'd broken up and left the state to get away from him. 

"Why me? Why not any of the others that have left?"

"Because you're special." I shuddered at the sickness coating the words. In his twisted mind, I was his. But I had never been his, he just payed the rent. I gulped and didn't say anything. 

"You would you like to drink today?" A waitress asked, surprising me. I looked at the menu quickly.

"Sweet Arnold Palmer," I ordered quietly. She looked over at Wyatt.

"No thank you. I have somewhere else to be." Fear crept into me at his words. He leaned down and whispered be good before he left. I shuddered. 

As I ordered, the group next to me stood up to leave. Instead of waiting for their checks, they threw wads of bills on the tables. I kept my eyes trained on my drink as I waited on my food. I jumped slightly when the chair across from me was pulled out, scraping noisily across the floor.

"Hello, Juli. Haven't seen you in a while," Lacey said with an odd expression. It seemed to hang between happiness and betrayal.

"It's Kerri now. And it's nice to see you again too, Lacey," I said with an indifferent smile. We sat in silence and the waitress brought my food.

"Have you heard the news?" she asked with a barely perceptible sadist edge. I shrugged.

"Brian's getting married." I choked slightly.

"H-He's what?" My hand trembled slightly. I don't know why. This is what I wanted; I wanted him to move on.

"He's getting married. To Michelle, Val's twin." That made my blood boil, which I hid well. Michelle was one of two people I couldn't stand in high school. But, I had no room to say anything, it was his life, he could do whatever he wanted. 

"That's nice. I hope they have a good marriage together."

"Cut the bullshit, Kerri," Lacey suddenly spat. "I know you who you used to be. The girl I knew would have fought!"

"Fought for what? Something I gave up, something I no longer want?" She looked at me, speechless. "Everything happens for a reason, and I have mine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have business to take care of. See you around." When she didn't move, I gave her a pointed look. She sighed and left.

A half hour later I paid my bill, waiting for the change, before leaving for home. I was dreading what I would find there. Knowing Wyatt, he'd moved before even talking to me. I yelped when a hand grabbed my arm, effectively shopping me from descending the stairs of the deck of the restaurant.

"Let me- Zacky!" My eyes narrowed to slits. "Why won't you all leave me the hell alone?" I exploded.

"Why won't you talk to us?" he countered. Fine, smart-ass.

"I'm talking to you now, aren't I?" I smirked.

"God, you've changed." he dropped my arm, studying me.

"Some of us have rough lives, unlike you. Some of us have to change," I spat. He looked taken back.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way, just a... different way."

"Much more comforting, Zack." I looked over the railing to the speeding cars on the highway.

"I'm just used to you acting like your brother." My temper flared once more.

"I don't want to act like my brother. I can't act like my brother. I'll be k-" I stopped short, cursing my hot head. Zacky raised an eyebrow but it went ignored.

"Just leave me alone, don't speak to me again." Sadness crossed his features.

"Why won't you at least be our friend again?" my response was interrupted my a hand wrapping around my waist. I instantly recognized the smell. I wanted to vomit. 

A look of pure understanding crossed Zacky's face and I wanted to deny the thoughts in his head but I couldn't.

"Is he bothering you baby?" Wyatt asked over my shoulder.

"No, just making friends." I forced myself to smile up at him. 

"It was nice to meet you Zack." I smiled at him and Wyatt pulled me away, leaving me to wish I was with my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo over due

This has been taking up my time and I'm working one three massively long one-shots. I only have one done:( But Ash is up next. Update out soon!

Thank you for the comments!:

Youth.Whiskey Yotora
Baby.Blue.Eyes
Blonde Diamond
Star Angel


And... Happy birthday to Brian!