‹ Prequel: Slowly Dying Alone
Status: Active

Slowly Falling Apart

A Much Needed Talk

Image
No New banner today...but at least there's a new chapter!!

Image

Kevin walked through the airport and outside. He breathed in the fresh air and sighed. He was going to do this. He had to talk to his wife. He didn’t want to, but he knew nothing would be solved if he continued to ignore the issues. Nick called for a taxi and then gave the man his address. It took ten minutes to get to his house, but when taxi pulled into the drive Kevin sighed with relief. He paid the man including a nice tip and then walked with a bag in hand toward the front door. Kevin silently unlocked the door and stepped in. He froze when he saw his wife asleep on the couch. She looked awful. Kevin felt bad for putting her through what he had. Kevin got up the nerves to move and walked over to the couch. He placed his bag down on the floor and bent his knees, making himself eye level with her. Kevin took a finger and gently moved the hair that was covering his pretty wife’s face.

Dani moaned lightly at his touch and her eyes fluttered open. She blinked for a moment before gasping.

“Kevin,” she whispered in shock. Kevin offered a small smile.

‘Hey,” he said softly.

“Your home,” she said flinching a little. Kevin sighed as he laced her hands with his and pulled her up.

“I am…Dani, I’m sorry,” Kevin whispered. Dani looked up confused.

“Kevin, I don’t understand…why are you sorry?” she asked. Kevin gave a grim smile.

“I shouldn’t have left. As your husband I should have given you a chance to explain what happened. I was just so hurt I couldn’t see past the pictures,” Kevin admitted.

“I should have come to you…it’s just losing the baby…it hurt, and I thought I had to be strong just so you could get past the miscarriage,” Dani then admitted. Kevin rested his head against Dani’s.

“Oh, honey…I was past it…I’m ready to move on, to try again, but I can understand if you aren’t,” Kevin promised. Dani smiled.

“You want to try again?” Dani asked in disbelief. Kevin grinned.

“Of course…half the fun is trying,” Kevin teased. Dani smiled. Kevin then got serious. “But I think before we do, we need to work out our issues. A baby won’t be able to fix them,” Kevin said. Dani nodded.

“I know. I would like to tell you what happened with James…I…” Dani stopped.

“Yes?” Kevin asked softly. Dani sighed.

“We didn’t kiss…James was actually mad at me for showing up. He said it undermined you as my husband, and made it harder for him to get over what we had. I know I shouldn’t have gone, and I don’t know why I couldn’t go to you with my issues, but I will work harder at discussing my issues with you,” Dani promised. Kevin nodded.

“I think we need to take a step back, learn to love and trust each other again. Losing the baby hurt us both more then we were willing to admit,” Kevin said. Dani looked down and sighed.

“Does that mean you’re leaving me?” she asked in disappointment. Kevin laughed lightly.

“Dani…I love you, I couldn’t live without you. I promise you I’m not leaving you; I just think that we shouldn’t be trying for a baby until we are in the right mind frame,” Kevin assured. Dani sighed with relief before wrapping Kevin in her arms.

“I love you too,” she said as tears fell down her face. Kevin held her tightly.

“We’ll be okay,” Kevin whispered. Dani nodded. They just stood there holding each other, letting the pain and hurt wash away from them. They really would be okay…Kevin believed that with his whole heart.

Image

Payton was nervous. People Magazine had come yesterday to talk about hers and David’s marriage, and today was the picture. David was driving to the warehouse that People had set up for the photo shoot. They had wanted Jeremiah in the shots, but Payton placed her feet down. There was no way that she would allow Jeremiah to be published…not if she could help it. Jeremiah was just a child; he didn’t need to go through that.

“Are you okay?” David asked as he reached over and grasped her hands, lacing their fingers together. Payton sighed as she told her nerves to cool it.

“I will be,” she answered honestly. David grinned.

“It will be easy,” David promised. Payton nodded. Sure a photo shoot how hard could it be? Payton wondered. David kept their fingers laced together as they walked into the warehouse together.

“Mr. and Mrs. Henrie, hello,” a beautiful brunette said as she walked up to them with a smile. “I’m Jessica Martin, and I’ll be taking your photos for your article. Shall we get started?” she asked in a friendly manner. David politely shook her hand.

“Sure, however you want to go about this is fine, but we would like to remain somewhat private,” David informed. Jessica nodded.

“No kissing…got it,” she acknowledged. Payton smiled. There was something familiar about this girl, but Payton couldn’t put her finger on it. “We’re just going to do a couple of pose’s and you can tell me which ones you like most and those will be the ones I turn in,” she assured. David nodded in agreement. “Now, I’m supposed to ask one more time if you would like a…Jeremiah,” Jessica read the name, “to join us for this photo shoot?” Payton shook her head.

“No, he’s only a kid, almost seven, I won’t do that to him,” Payton said firmly. Jessica gave a pleased smile.

“My boy is almost six, I feel the same way,” Jessica assured. Payton grinned.

“Oh, do you live in the Dallas area?” Payton asked. Jessica nodded. “Then we will have to get the boys together for a play date,” Payton said. Jessica smiled.

“Oh, Danny would love that. We just moved here and he hasn’t met very many kids yet,” Jessica said. “Now, let’s get started.” David and Payton followed Jessica into the makeshift studio, Payton excited that her brother would finally have a friend who wasn’t a Jonas…not that she didn’t like Frankie, he was just getting older, and soon dealing with a little kid wouldn’t be very much fun for Frankie. No making sure that Jeremiah had friends was important.

Image

Taylor looked at her dress and grinned. This dress was a knockout…sure to please David into seduction. Taylor spun the dress around and gave a light giggle. David wasn’t going to know what hit him. First thing first, Taylor needed to make David jealous, and she had just the man to help her with that. Taylor sighed. Yes, David would be hers…that little bitch was never going to know what hit her. Taylor smoothed out her dress and then walked out of her room. David and Payton should be at the restaurant right about now, and Taylor wanted to cause a little drama. Taylor then walked out of her room and hurried down the stairs. It barely took her five minutes to reach the restaurant but when she did she was ready.

Taylor walked into the restaurant and smiled looking around. She didn’t see the Henrie’s anywhere. She walked up to the hostess desk.

“Hi,” she said with a little flirtation. The lady behind the desk barely smiled. “I’m supposed to meet the Henrie party here, but I don’t see them, am I early?” Taylor asked. The lady, who’s name tag read Cynthia, frowned as she looked at her chart.

“I’m sorry, ma’am, there is no Henrie, on my list. They must have given you the wrong restaurant,” Cynthia said. Taylor frowned. No, this was the restaurant, she thought as she tried to figure out her next move. Then the doors opened. Taylor turned with excitement but it was nobody.

“Thanks,” Taylor said as she walked out of the restaurant. She didn’t get it. Why weren’t they here? They’re supposed to be…Taylor was sure of it. Well that just meant that Taylor was going to have to do a little digging...she wasn’t letting David go that easily.

Image

Nick pushed up on his elbow in order to watch his wife sleep. He always felt she was most beautiful when she was a peace. Tonight her skin seemed to be glowing; a result of their earlier love making, Nick was sure. He grinned at the thought. Kylie was a very attentive lover, wanting to please, which only made Nick want to please her even more. He had never known it could feel like this, but he was glad that they were able to enjoy the gifts of love. Kylie shifted and blinkingly opened her eyes looking up at Nick. She smiled lightly, her eyes full of the love that Nick felt. Nick grinned as he leaned down and captured her lips with her own, kissing her soundly.

“I love you,” Nick whispered as he ran kisses down her throat. Kylie grinned and gave a small giggle, which caused a moan when Nick found her sweet spot.

“I love you too,” Kylie sighed as Nick’s lips trailed down her collarbone. Nick shifted so he was laying on top of Kylie, his lips once again finding hers. He loved making love to Kylie, and he loved that she loved it just as much as he did. It always made things more romantic when they both enjoyed themselves. Nick settled himself, just before letting his tongue slide through her lips. Kylie gasped but welcomed his tongue with an eagerness that made going slow almost impossible. But at this point neither Nick nor Kylie seemed to care about the pace.

Image

Payton groaned as she turned around in her bed. David lay next to her, still asleep. Payton grinned as she remembered how David had changed things up from their usual dinner. It was nice and romantic and something that Payton never considered. Payton leaned forward and placed a light kiss on David’s cheek before getting out of bed and placing her robe on. She walked out of their room and she hurried into the kitchen to start breakfast. The boys would be hungry once they awoke. Payton was busy cooking when she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist.

“Morning,” David whispered in a sleepy mumble. Payton grinned as she looked up at David for a morning kiss. David complied and grinned.

“Last night was nice,” Payton muttered. David nodded.

“Yeah, I’m glad we didn’t do the usual restaurant thing…” David agreed.

“Me too, it was nice trying something different,” Payton said. “I think we should change it up every week,” she then said. David grinned.

“I’d like that,” David said softly. “Would you like some help?” Payton smiled.

“I’d love some…grate this,” she said as she handed David the chunk of cheese and a cheese grater. David grinned.

“It’d be my pleasure,” David said with a mocking bow. Payton laughed as she shoved David playfully.

“Dork,” she laughed.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So what does everyone think? I happen to love the way Kevin finally talked to Dani! And I think things will get better for them from here on out! I know I can't wait to see what happens next!! More to come soon, working on chapter 9 now!!

Image

Follow me on Twitter!! Then let me know you're following me and I'll follow you right back!!

Image

Into It - Over It -- I don't think anyone was expecting it! But I felt it was something that would really bring Joe and Ashlyn together...at some point! And thanks for letting me know what you think! At this point I am on the fence, but I really am leaning toward waiting for the birth to find out what the twins are!

Hollister hobo -- I have no idea what Joe's going to do...maybe pass out? lol

alicia_9619 -- You know that's a really good idea! Joe finding out by mistake! I can really see the drama with that one! But at this point I have no idea when or where or how Joe will find out...though I'm sure I'll know within a couple chapters!

Breathless Tallie -- Tallie!! Identical? hmm...little Joe's or little Ashlyn's...wow wouldn't the world go crazy over that!!! See Dani and Kevin talked!! What do you think? I think I'm quite proud of Kevin for being a man! Well honestly, if I were to pick, I've prefer Nick's...just think, cute little curly haired babies...OMG I would just die! But I do believe I might be a little old for Nick!! lol Well I at least brought back one-half of the twins!! More to come! Promise!!!

jbhslover12 -- I agree it would be great if Nick and Kylie have a baby together...but we will have to see!