Status: Done writing this...just posting now :)

Falling to Pieces

Stories

Andrea looked at me, then at Nethiel. “Come with me Rosella, we will leave the men to talk.”
I looked at Joel, who gave me a reassuring smile.
“Don't scare her,” Nethiel said.
“I will, Angel.”
She took me into the dinning room which was decorated with warm colors. Two girls looked up, both with vampire eyes.
The young one looked no more than eight or nine.
“Hello Rose.”
“How does…”
“I'm phy…
“Crazy,” Joel said walking into the room. He put his arms around me.
“No, Joel I want to know, I don't want to be kept in the dark.”
“I never mean to keep you in the dark, only to protect you.”
“ The greatest way to keep her safe, “Heaven said, “Is to let her be informed.”
Joel took a seat in a mahogany wood chair and opened his arms to me. I took a seat in his lap.
“Tell her Andrea, tell her about you,” Nethiel said.
“I don't know where to begin.” Andrea said.
“Tell her about the reason you look the way you do,” The other girl said.
I looked at her.
“I'm Ivy by the way, I'm Nethiel’s brother.”
I smiled at her and felt my skin burn a little more, felt more chilled.
“Right. I was bit by a werewolf,” she said, “ That’s why I have the gold eye.”
“Do all werewolves have gold eyes?”
Andrea shook her head. “No, it only shows for me because the vampire venom went over it”—she grinned—“And I liked the way it looks. I'm not ashamed of who I am. I am however a bit disappointed on how it happened. Nethiel was saving me, once again, and was a bit shocked that my blood tasted bad.”
Nethiel chuckled.
It was strange how I came to get use to this new life, constantly around vampires as if it were normal to befriend immortals. Ivy was my favorite, she had an interesting personality. She seemed really cold, always distant, but not when she was with Devon, her “boyfriend”. Nethiel told me that he had some kind of power over her, said that he was the only one that made her smile. I grinned at that, it reminded me of myself when my mother died, Joel had been my “Devon.”
One day the lights went out, sending me into darkness. It scared me for a moment because I wondered if I had fainted again.
“Whose turn was it to pay to electric this month?” Nethiel asked.
We all sort of migrated into the kitchen.
“Devon,” Ivy hissed.
He laughed. “No I paid it on time, I gave it to Andy to mail it.”
Andrea hit him. “Don't lie to cover yourself up.”
Ivy raised an eyebrow.
Devon looked like a pleading child, begging for mercy. “Ok, Ok, yeah I forgot to pay it alright? Cant I make a mistake once in awhile?”
“No!” She yelled.
But they were grinning now. “You know what…?” he trailed off.
“What?” She challenged, “Don't do anything stupid, you know what happened last time.”
“What happened last time?” I whispered to Nethiel.
“Devon got the crap beat out of him,” he laughed.
By the time I looked back they were already at it. It was funny till Ivy grabbed a kitchen knife. I watch Joel leave, scared that the accident with blood would affect my safety.
She flung it at him, which only missed him by a few inches, and I wondered if that was on purpose or if she actually missed.
“Jesus Christ!” He yelled as she flung another.
And then Ivy’s piercing shriek made me cover my ears and fall to the ground.
Devon dropped the knives and ran over to her.
“Don't. Touch. Me.” Her blood-chilling voice warned.
He ignored her, as usual it appeared. He was the only one who would dare to that.
“Told you that werewolves don't play nicely,” he said.
The vampires in the room laughed.
“I’m bleeding,” she hissed.
He ran out of the room then returned quickly with a box. Ivy eyes him curiously as he poured alcohol on a cotton ball then rubbed it against the cut. She winced only a little.
He finished cleaning the cut then stuck a band-aid on it.
“A princess?” She asked.
He laughed. “They make me smile.”
“Ivy laughed, “You mean they’re the only women you can get.”
“You’re here aren’t you?” he asked in a serious tone.
She looked up at him.
That was the question really, what made a couple like that stay together, how does a human and a vampire stay together. How did enemies like Romeo and Juliet stay together?