Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

Another Way

After school, I had to go find a book for my drama class. Gerard told me that, while he didn’t have a copy, I could go to Barnes and Noble because they had multiple copies. So, instead of going to Gerard’s classroom or even home, I walked to the bookstore. The bell dinged as I walked in the door and I noticed how empty the place was. I began skimming the isles for related subjects.

“Hey, can I help you find something?” A man asked from behind me. I spun around and came face to face with a skinny guy with brown hair and glasses.

“I, uh, I’m just looking for a book for my drama class…”I explained slowly. He put a hand up and left me standing there stupidly. He came back with the book in hand.

“I believe this is what you were looking for, “he smiled. I took it in my own hands and nodded slowly.

“How did you know that though?” I asked. He just shrugged.

“My brother’s a teacher there and he sends kids this way a lot, “he explained. I nodded slowly before following him to the counter.

“Yeah, my English teacher sent me here. I thought he’d have one, but he didn’t, “I admitted.

“What grade are you in?” He asked me.

“Tenth, but I have eleventh grade English 7th period, “I explained uncertainly.

“Ah, “he nodded.

“Why do you ask?” I asked slowly.

“You have my brother, “he smiled.

“Ge- Mr. Way is your brother?” I asked, quickly correcting myself. He nodded. “Oh, you’re Mikey!” He nodded and laughed quietly.

“The one and only, “he laughed. “Whatever he says isn’t true though!”

“He never really talks about you to the class. It’s really just when we’re alone, “I explained. He raised a brow and then, he glanced at his watch.

“Well, I get off in like five minutes. Would you like hang out, get some coffee?” He asked.

“That sounds good, “I agreed.

“Great, “he smiled as he pushed his glasses back. “Wait here while I go tell Kim I’m leaving.” He took off towards the back, and I leaned awkwardly against the counter. He returned a few minutes later, adjusting a beanie on his head. “So, are you ready to go?” I nodded and followed him out to a small car. I got inside the passenger side and he hopped inside the driver’s seat. It didn’t take him long to get to where we were going. I got out of the car and followed him into the small building. I pulled out my wallet, but he put a hand up. “Do you have a favorite?”

“Not really, “I shrugged. He smiled and went to the counter. He returned a minute or so later with two cups. He handed one to me.

“It’s called Choco-Cherry Celebration, “he explained. “It is one of my many favorites. I am mentally and physically addicted to coffee.”

“It’s better than being addicted to things like heroine, crack, meth, or alcohol, “I said quietly. His eyes softened.

“I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s drunk or high all of the time, “he admitted softly.

“Yeah? Well, I have to live with it every day, “I muttered quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So she meets Mikes. (:
Well, the next three chapters are going to be so awkward to write..
So I dont know when I'll have them posted...