Status: Completed with ten stars!

You Said You Read Me Like A Book

To The Hotel

I put my bags in his car. I closed the trunk and joined him back at the house with my mother. She was sober for now. He was talking about how exciting this was going to be and how I could win a bit of money. My mother smiled proudly and nodded.

“Well, I believe that you’ll take good care of her, “she smiled at him.

“Yes, ma’am, “he smiled back. She hugged me tightly and gave me her wishes and Gerard led me back to his car. I got inside and waved back at my mother who was still smiling at the door. He pulled out of the driveway and began driving away from the house. We drove for a few hours before stopping for lunch. Then, we drove the rest of the way to Harpele. We went to the hotel and went to the sign in desk.

“Hello, welcome to Quality Inn, “the woman smiled. He gave her our names and she checked the list. “Mr. Way, your room is 241. Enjoy your stay.” He looked at me for a minute.

“Um, do you mind sharing a room?” He asked nervously. I just shook my head. “Okay, then let’s go.” I followed him back to the car and he drove around to the back. He pulled into the parking space just outside of the room. “Here, I’ll get the bags. You take the key and unlock the door.” I nodded, taking the key from him. I went and unlocked the door. I set my purse on the table and looked around the room. I’d never been in a hotel before.

“Well, this is nice, “he smiled set his bags on the floor and handed me mine. He put his bags on his bed and began putting his clothes in the top drawer. I unpacked my own clothes, putting them in the second drawer. When I was done, I sat on the bed farthest from the door.

“So, how long will we be here?” I asked quietly. He sat on the other bed and pulled his shoes off. He crossed his legs and looked at me.

“Well, I think we’ll be here tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday night. We’ll be going back home sometime on Monday, “he explained. I just nodded and he cleared his throat. “So, what are you going to be reading tonight?” I put a hand up and looked for my notebook. When I found it, I flipped through the pages until I found the one I planned on reading. I handing the notebook to him and he read it silently. The corner of his mouth drew up into a crooked smile.

“Do you like it?” I asked nervously. He nodded but said nothing as he began flipping through the other pages. He stopped on one, smiled to himself, closed the book, and handed it back to me.

“They are all very good. If you’ll excuse me, “he said quietly. He walked into the bathroom and shut the door. I slid back on the bed until my back rested against the headboard. I closed my eyes and began thinking about my past.

Gerard’s POV

I read her poem and nodded. It was very good, but dark as usual. Curiosity got ahold of me and I flipped through the book. One in particular caught my eye. It was titled ‘The Man of Words.’

There is this special man.
He makes me feel as no other can.

Part of me wants him so.
The other half really knows.

It is impossible for us to be.
He doesn’t even know this about me.

I dream about him late at night.
He calms all my fears and frights.

His deep brown eyes light up my world.
Alas, I am just a little girl.

He is a man of many words.
So many lessons have I heard.

He is a teacher of this life.
Alas, he is taken by his wife.

If he knew how I truly feel,
I know what would happen for real.

Part of me wants him to love me.
But, part of me knows it can never be.


I felt myself smiled involuntarily at her choice of words. I closed the notebook and handed it back to her. I excused myself from the room and went into the bathroom. I closed the door and leaned against it. I was unable to stop smiling. I shook my head feverishly to get rid of all of the thoughts.

Get ahold of yourself, Gerard. She’s just a kid! You’re her teacher!

I sank to the floor and put my head in my hands, desperate to clear my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... Comment please! They keep me motivated. If I'm motivated, I update more.. So, comments=updates (: