Status: More Comments, Faster Updates!

Luck Loves Me Not Tonight.

Luck loves me not tonight, I'm running out...

Skylar Renee Simmons hated being popular at school. Her worst fear was to be one of them. Everyone knew her. Some people more than others. But only a few knew the real side of Skylar Simmons, Her true misery. On the outside she seemed to be perfect. Impeccable grades, Kind hearted, One to constantly smile and be happy. But, behind closed doors Sky’s life was far from being perfect. The only person to know about her home life was her best friend, Cassidy. A cheerleader for their schools football team but no matter what the stereotype was about cheerleaders, Cassie wasn’t part of that. She wasn’t a bitch, far from it actually. She was kind to everyone and always wore a beautiful smile. Where as Cassie’s cheerleader friends were complete whores. They’d jump into bed with someone any chance they could and, It sickened her. Cassidy was all Sky needed in her life.

“Come on, Sky. It’s the start of a new school year. Cheer up!” Cassidy shouted to her zoned out friend and Sky shot her an apologetic smile as she idly kicked her feet, Slightly scuffing up her shoes.

“I’m sorry Cass. I just.. Really don’t feel up for school today.” Sky said with a soft sigh as her friend looked at her. Cassie couldn’t help but feel a frown form on her face as her best friend stood staring at the floor, Playing with the rope bracelets on her arms.

“Come on, let’s get you inside.” Cassie said as she wrapped an arm around the younger girl, dragging her inside the bustling building. She dragged her down the corridor till she came to the two lockers that were theirs. Sky threw in her bag before grabbing out the books she needed for her classes and slamming the door shut again. “Wow.. You are upset today.. Everything.. You know, Alright?” Cassie asked and sky knew exactly what she was insinuating. She was talking about Sky’s home life, Her life where her beloved Father constantly beat her senseless, Her mother ignored her pleads for help as she lay crying on the floor. This was not home life. What Sky was going through was not far from hell. Yet, she did everything she could to look normal. Put on a brave face that any normal person would be jealous of. If they only knew her problem. The school bell rang, implying the beginning of lesson.

“Everything’s fine Cass.” She said with a fake smile as they hesitantly made our way towards Chemistry. Sky sighed softly to herself as she entered through the door. A new day, a new seating arrangement. The teacher rifled through everyone’s name and Sky turned her head towards the teacher as she said hers.

“Miss Simmons, You’ll be sitting next to Mr Barakat at the back table.” She said and Sky rolled her eyes momentarily before letting out a breath and sitting down at the back. Jack followed behind her and hesitantly sat down to her right. Once everyone was sat appropriately, The teacher got on with the lesson.

“So..” Jack said nervously as Sky sent him a stern look, her eyes telling him to be quiet.

“We can’t talk, Barakat. You know that.” Sky said and Jack nodded softly.

“I know. I just thought.. With us sitting together..” Jack said and trailed off towards the end. Sky sighed as she scribbled something down randomly in the back of her Chemistry book. The rest of the lesson was rather awkward. Jack looked over at Sky countless times for her to only give him a cold stare. What exactly had Jack Barakat done wrong for Sky to hate him so much? Jack didn’t know himself. He’d always wondered why the fiery red head hated him. He hadn’t done anything to her. That he knew of.. He should have known she’d go by daddy’s rules. She was a good girl in everything she did. She’d never had sex, Gotten drunk or just partied for the sake of it. She was a little Miss goody goody.

“Can you stop staring at me?” Sky whispered harshly as she nervously played with her hair.

“Oh.. Sorry.” Jack whispered softly as he ran a hand through his perfectly messed up hair. He couldn't help that he was staring at her, He was thinking. He didn’t know where his eyes were fucking pointing. They both sighed with relief as the bell went and the tension was lifted from the air. Sky walked out of the chemistry door and sighed softly as she saw her best friend leaning against the lockers, Already talking to a boy. It was the first day! Sky sighed as she recognised the boy to be Alex Gaskarth from English class. She didn’t know whether to be happy for her best friend or worried.. She’d heard about Alex’s antics before.. She awkwardly stood beside the couple as they talked, groaning a few moments later when she saw Jack running over.

“Alex!” Jack screamed as he leaped onto Alex’s back almost sending him flying onto the cold floor.

“Fuck Jack!” He screamed as he shoved the lanky boy from his back. Sky giggled softly to herself before coughing, her facial expression turning serious in a matter of seconds. Cassie pulled the red head forward and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“Alex, This is my best friend Sky. Sky, This is Alex.” Cassie said with a warm smile as Sky outstretched a hand towards him.

“Nice to meet you Alex.” She said and smiled as Alex placed his hand in hers and shook her hand softly.

“You too.” Alex said as he turned around and continued talking to Cassie. Sky and Jack stood as still as possible, Never breaking the almost unbearable silence between the two.

“I should really get to my Art class.. By Cass.” Sky said with a small wave as she quickly retreated from the awkward silence towards her Art class. She took her seat in her usual spot and groaned inwardly as Barakat walked through the door. What were the odds..

“Take a seat besides Miss Simmons, Jack.” The teacher said and Sky groaned louder, earning the attention of the whole class. He hesitantly took his seat and sighted softly as he brought his brush up to the canvas. It was going to be a long day..

~~

Sky grinned with relief as soon as school was over. She’d managed to only have Barakat in one other lesson which made her slightly happier about her day. The awkwardness was to much between the two. Every lesson was like a thousand daggers into the body. Painful and unbearable. Sky walked out of the building and started her short walk home, Dreading going to the people she’s forced to call family.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. New story.. I don't know if I like it just yet. :/
Let me know what you lovelies think!
<3