Till the Day That I Found You

.o15

Soon Michael was running in and out of breath. I said the thought that Stefanie was going to kill him.

"What did you do?" Cameron asked as he passed me my guitar.

"Well... I kinda asked her if she's been feeling well because she was walking slower than normal."

"That seems okay, you were just concerned."

"She took it as me saying she was fat."

Cameron and I both said, "Ooo.."

There was banging on the door that Michael was holding shut with his back. Stef was screaming from the other side. Finally we let her in and she slapped Mikey. It was all over with and I was watching an ant run across the floor...

We were in a little café between point A and point B. Where A and B were, I couldn't tell you. All the days were running into each other and everyday was being counted with how many times I've had to resist touching and kissing Erica. She was on tour with us for less than 24 hours and I had counted up to 57. She was sitting next to me on the small sofa in the lounge area. She was sipping her tea and her leg was bouncing up and down to its own rhythm. She looked out the large windows and sighed. Then she leaned back into the fluffy seat where I was.

I hid my fifty eighth urge to wrap my arm around her and pull her to me so her back was leaned against me and we could watch the rain fall outside the window together. I said calmly, "Something up?"

She hid a small grimace with a small smile, "My back and side just hurt a bit. I'm alright though." Fifty nine: A kiss could make her forget her pain.

"You sure?"

She sat up and took my laptop off the little coffee table. It rested in her lap as she clicked around. "I'm fine," she said softly.

I looked at the curve of her back and the way her shirt was bunched up, exposing her lower back. Sixty.

Erica stopped scrolling on her dash and shifted the laptop to my lap. She jumped over the wire that was charging my computer and said, "I have to pee!"

I laughed at her as she passed the guys walking back to where we were.

"Where are you going?" Nate asked.

"I have to pee!!!" Then she ran to the back of the café and stormed into the bathroom.

I looked back at her open page, there was an audio post that looked interesting so I clicked on it. As it played I realized that although I didn't know Erica very long, she had quickly become my best friend. And we could talk for hours about anything. This song spoke volumes to me, "We talked about all the pretty things, and all the shitty things, and all the little things that fall between. And oh, pretty girl, I know that I just met you, but I might just dare to say, that I love you. And oh, sweet perfection, won't you hear my one confession? I've been lost. But dear I'm found."

I did feel found. Erica came back and sat back down next to me. She smiled at me an noticed the song. "I love this song! I've been lookin' for a heart that's so complete. So satisfied with the little things. I got you, and that's enough for me. So girl, can't you see that you and me could be so free and live happy? So, take my hand, and let's run."

Sixty one: Taking her hand and running away...

The ant was soon squished under Stefanie's shoe. She only was trying to get me to come back to the moment.

"Zach!"

"Yeah, what?"

"Do you have your lyric book ready for practice?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Okay," she relaxed a little. "Let's get this practice started!"

My mind slipped into another memory suddenly...

"Zach, you stop practicing that note, we need to run through this song!" Jayce yelled at me while I was in the booth.

I stuck my tongue out at him as Erica walked back in the room with a water bottle.

She rolled her eyes, "Zach, you're not five. Sing the song." I blew a raspberry in her direction and she let out a small breathy laugh.

"Can you only sing the chorus once for now?" JP added.

I looked down at the lyrics in front of me, read them over again and took a deep breath. I began to sing, "Darlin' can we go all the way? I really wanna go all the way. So darlin' can we go all the way? I really want to go all the way. Come with me, you won't find nothing better. You should come with me, and we can do whatever. I can't wait another minute, wait another minute, wait another minute, Baby let's get down to business. Come on girl, and ride with me. Hit the spot, and never leave. Spend the night, just you and me. Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Nothings ever felt so right. Think about you every night. Tell me that you wanna, wanna, that you want it right now. California Lovin' was playin' while we was teasin'. It's hard to be alone when her phone won't stop ringin'. Forget about the others, it's just you and me. We'll get between the covers and, then you'll start believing."

I took a sip of water and nodded to the music playing in my ears, "You could be, the one that I hold to. And you could be, the one that I come home to. I can't wait another hour, wait another hour, wait another hour. I can't get on without her. Saddle up and ride with me. Hit the spot and never leave. Make a toast to you and me. Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Oh-Oh Nothing's ever felt this way. Think about you every day. Tell me that you gonna gonna, That you gonna stay."

I looked up and saw Erica's jaw on the ground. I smirked and sang with all my heart, "I could be your everything. You know that I'll never change. I need you to feel the same way, to make it out okay. Every night I hope and pray I could find the words to say, 'Think about you every day, that'll never go away.' Darlin can we go all the way?"

Before Jayce could click the button to stop recording Erica slammed it down and swung open the recording booth door. I was soon pinned to the wall and my mouth was occupied with the rhythm of Erica's lips. Finally what seemed like a hundred beautiful eons later she pulled away.

"I take it you like the song," I said catching my breath.

She nodded and pecked my lips again, "I'm in love. With it."

I let out a low giggle and leaned back into a kiss, "And I love you."

"Are you guys gonna fuck or something? Cause I'll go get the popcorn if you are."

I looked over Erica's shoulder, "Shut up, Jayce." I looked back at Erica and leaned against the wall fully, legs parted enough for Erica to stand between them. She put her hands on my chest and kissed me until all my worries vanished...

"ZACH!!! Gosh, can you stay out of your own little world long enough to get something done?!" It was Michael that ripped me from the memory this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
uno. New tour stories chapter is up!
due. Commentary much appreciated :)