True Love Blossoms for These Withered Flowers

Not True Love

Elle’s P.O.V:

“All I’d ever wanted from you is true love,” I whispered softly. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Jared and I had been together for a year now and I was telling him it wasn’t true love we shared. He knows it too…

“This is true love baby. Don’t you see?” he said. He tried to take my hand in his, but I pulled it away.

“This isn’t true love Jared and you know it. You don’t love me. You love the idea of me. You just need someone by your side telling you how great you assume you are. Well…I see now. You’re not that great,” I said. Jared gave me a dirty look.

“Well you’re not exactly great yourself you know. I’ve had to put up with you ruining my image for a year now! A fucking year!” he yelled. “You and all your emo shit. Honey, you don’t deserve me. Go to hell,” he spat. He turned around and left me alone in the middle of the empty school corridor. Finally…I can be me again. I don’t have to worry about what Jared thinks of me anymore. I can be as ‘emo’ as I want. Just because I wear quite a lot of black and I’m never found without eyeliner on doesn’t mean I’m emo. Fuck him. And all those times he called me beautiful…I don’t have to defend myself against what ‘popular’ people think anymore. I can be me. Jared and all his friends can go to hell…And that’s a lot of people. Jared’s the cute faced lovable guy at my school. Everyone knows him…meaning that everyone knows me too. I’m ‘Jared’s girlfriend’. Not anymore. I have a name, an identity. My name is Elle Parker…and I’m myself at last.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Jared guy is supposed to be Jared Leto...and I don't hate him! I think he's awesome :)
Hope you like it!