True Love Blossoms for These Withered Flowers

Meeting Mikey

Elle’s P.O.V:

Don’t get me wrong, I love art. But after a hectic day such as today, I’m really not in the mood. Everything still had to sink in properly. I could see Jared whispering to Katie out of the corner of my eye. Some friend she was…I was supposed to be doing the upcoming major project with her, but I guess she’s got another partner now. I looked around the classroom. Everyone seemed to have a partner except me…and that kid with the glasses. I think he was thinking the same as he got up and sat down in the empty seat beside me. “Hey. I’m Mikey. Do you uh, wanna be partners?” he asked.

“I’m Elle. And sure.” I smiled warmly.

“Great! So what’s our project’s theme gonna be?” he asked. I thought for a moment.

“How does revenge sound to you?” Mikey raised one eyebrow and looked at me funny.

“Sounds like something my brother would say. But revenge is good,” he replied. For the project, we were supposed to choose a theme and draw something related to it. I still wasn’t in an art mood. I put my head on the desk and let out a long sigh. “Are you okay?” Mikey asked.

“Mmm.” He wouldn’t understand.

“I don’t believe you. Someone who sits alone at lunch is not okay.” Oh…He saw me?

“Yeah, uh…I just feel like everything around me crashed today. I lost my friends,” I said. I felt so childish saying that.

“Come hang out with Frank and I,” Mikey offered. How nice of him.

“Uh, is that okay?” He nodded, smiling. “Thankyou!”

“We’ll have to spend time together anyway to finish this project. Do you wanna come around tonight and make a start?” he asked.

“Sure.” He gave me his address. He lived just down the street from me.

“Be there at 8? You can sleep the night if you want. My parents are away for this week.” I nodded. The bell rang for next lesson. Wooh! Maths! Something I’m good at!

“I’ll see you at 8 then Mikey!” I said as I left art in a much happier mood. He smiled back at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, next chapter is when the story really starts. :)
Hope you like it! :D