Status: Active :) comments = updates

Haunted

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Every great achievement was once considered impossible." - Author Unknown

We walked into school that Monday morning, Finn and I. Hand in hand. He picked me up for school that morning. We obviously weren’t going to hide anything; we didn’t have anything to hide.

We got some looks when we walked in together, a few whispers were heard. But we didn’t take notice. Until we walked by Rachel Berry to get to my locker, she was wide eyed, but...what could I do?

Finn leaned against the locker to my right as I opened my locker to change around my books.
“Did you see her?” Finn asked.

I knew who he meant instantly, “She didn’t look pleased,” I said. Talking, of course, about Rachel.

I closed the locker door to see Finn shrug, “Doesn’t surprise me, I figured she wouldn’t exactly be thrilled about it. And I’m sure we’ll hear a song soon enough.”

I smiled up at him as we walked to his locker next, which was just up the hall from mine.

“What do you think everyone will say?” I asked, as he opened up his locker.

He shrugged, “I mean, I’m sure people will talk about it, but something else always comes up. It’ll be on the backburner in a few days.”

I waited until he closed his locker a moment later before I spoke again, “You think so?”

He took my hand and smiled, “I’d say so. It’s happened before.”

We stopped in front of my classroom door where he leaned down and kissed me gently, “I’ll see you at lunch,” he said when we broke apart.

I smiled, “See you.”

He smiled back, then headed further up the hall for his first class. I went inside my class and saw Mercedes and Tina looking at me with sly smiles. I smiled and put my head down and took my seat beside Tina.

She nudged me, “You think we’re gonna let that pass?”

I laughed a little and looked over at them, “Probably not.”

Mercedes smiled a little, “While I think you two are cute and everything, Rachel may kill you both,” she giggled.

I smirked and took my book and notebook out, “We’ll see.”

--

After school Finn and I walked to Glee club together, holding hands again. We were still talking about how Brittany thought she was pregnant, which we found out during lunch. We were a little late for the meeting, but when we walked in, no one even noticed us because they were staring at Brit and Artie.

“Seeing a stork doesn’t mean you’re pregnant,” Uncle Will told her, he was met with a dumbfounded expression.

“But...he’s building the nest, so he won’t have to go far to bring me my baby,” Brittany answered; I looked at Artie before sitting with Finn, and saw he looked more than relieved.

Uncle Will ran his hand through his hair, “You’re not pregnant Brittany. What’s the point of having a Sex Ed class if no one knows what’s going on? Were you guys not taught this kind of stuff? That’s why I have a guest today, Miss Holly Holiday!”

A blond woman walked in that I didn’t know at that point and walked over to Uncle Will.
Finn leaned over to me, “That’s Miss. Holiday. She was our substitute when Mr. Schue was sick a few months ago.”

I nodded in understanding remembering that name, “Uncle Will told my dad who told me.”

“Hit it!” Miss. Holiday called to the band, and they started playing the opening chords to a song I knew off by heart.

I smiled and laughed as she started singing, then Brittany and Santana got up there with chairs.

She eventually got all of us up dancing and singing with her. Including Rachel and Quinn who refused in the beginning and were members in the celibacy club.

The music stopped and we started laughing until Miss. Holiday spoke, “Now remember kids, when you sleep with someone, you’re sleeping with every person they’ve ever slept with. And everyone’s got a random.”

We all stopped laughing and looked around uncomfortably; Uncle Will was the one who spoke, “Alright, well, thanks Miss. Holiday.”

She smiled, “No problem, see you guys later,” she said before leaving the room.

We all went silently back to the chairs and Uncle Will stood in front of us, “Okay. So...I don’t really know what to say after that,” he said with a laugh at the end.

That seemed to break the tension, so we all let little laughs out.

“See you guys tomorrow,” Uncle Will called, everyone started getting up and grabbing their stuff.

Finn and I looked at each other at the same time, and started laughing.

“I can’t believe that just happened,” he said swinging the strap of his backpack over his shoulder.

I smiled, “It was fun, till she said the last bit.”

He nodded, “That made me uncomfortable,” he said, then we both laughed, “Can I drive you home?”

“Of course, just let me tell Uncle Will,” I said. Once Finn nodded, I walked over to Uncle Will, “Finn’s going to drive me home, that alright?”

He smiled at me, “Sure. I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Thanks,” I said before walking back over to Finn. He took my hand and we walked out of the room.

--

“Thanks for the drive,” I said, undoing my seatbelt in Finn’s truck.

“No problem,” he said. I looked back up at him and saw him smiling at me.

I smiled back and leaned into him and kissed him gently and quickly, “Text when you get home, okay?” I asked after I sat back into my seat.

“Okay,” he smiled, “Wanna come over for dinner tomorrow? Everyone’s been asking for you.”

I laughed quietly, “Have they?” He chuckled and nodded, “Sounds good.”

“Alright, do you want to go from school or come back here and change or...” he asked leaving the question hanging.

I thought for a second, but I knew what I wanted to do.

I looked at him, “I think I’ll come back here first. But...I think I wanna drive myself in my car.”

His smile grew; he knew this was a big step for me, “That’s great Ryley!”

I smiled, “Yeah, I think that I’m...really ready to drive again.”

He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head, “I’m really proud of you.”

I pulled back from him and looked down, “I know it seems like...really silly to be excited about driving again. But for me...I just feel like it’s time. I haven’t driven since the accident so it’s kind of like a new chapter kind of thing.”

“Hey,” he said, lifting my chin to look at him, “it’s not silly. It’s something you’ve, obviously, had a hard time with. To find it in yourself and decide you were ready. That’s great.”

I smiled, “I better be getting in. Remember to text when you’re home, okay?”

He smiled back, “Okay, talk to you in about ten minutes.”

I leaned in for a kiss; Finn put his hand on my cheek. I pulled back but he kept his hand there.
“I’ll talk to you soon,” I said just above a whisper.

Finn smiled and put his hand back down, “Okay.”

I got out of the car and made my way to the front doors of the apartment, I turned back to face the truck and waved at him, I saw him wave back. It wasn’t until I unlocked the door that Finn drove away.

When I got into the apartment I heard the shower going and knew that’s where Uncle Will was. I went into my room and put my messenger bag on my bed. I sat at my desk and turned on my MacBook; I put in my password and waited for the screen to load. When it loaded I signed onto Skype and instantly I had a request from a friend in Cleveland.

Gianna Soranno wants to Skype Accept or Decline

I hit accept and put my headset in my ear and waited as it connected. Then there was Gia on my computer screen.

“Hey!” she said smiling and waving.

I smiled back, “Hey, what’s up?”

She shrugged, “Nothing, just got done school. How’s Lima?”

I shrugged, “Not overly bad.”

“Well, you know my house as a spare bedroom if you want it,” she said moving her black hair off her shoulder.

I laughed a little, my iPhone went off and I saw it was from Finn ‘Home :)’ it read. I smiled and looked back up at Gia, “I’m good where I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay :(

I had no idea how to do this chapter, I just wanted to get through this chapter to move on.

Anyways, thanks for commenting, reading, and subscribing! It means a lot!