The Art Of Loving

Chapter Ten

As the boys reached the street corner where they usually separated, Bam stopped.

“… Bam?”

The skater turned to Ville. “Do you wanna hang out today?”

Ville observed Bam’s worried expression and frowned. “Sure… what’s up, Bammie?”

Tell me what’s wrong, my love… I’ll make it all better…

“Oh… nothing.” The skater forced a smile. “This way, right?”

Ville nodded and they walked again.

“Why do you call me Bammie?”

The Finn blinked. “It’s just a nickname I came up with. I won’t say it anymore if you don’t like it.”

“No, I think it’s…” Bam cocked his head to the side as he searched for the right word, “cute.”

Ville smiled warmly. “Suits you perfectly, then.”

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Why the hell was I thinking? Why did I say he could come here?

Ville’s heart was racing as they entered the house. Bam looked around; he’d only seen how the inside of the house looked from the doorway. When Ville just stood there, the skater raised an eyebrow.

“Well?”

“… Well what?”

“Are we going to your room or what?”

“M-my room?” Ville mentally kicked himself for letting his voice squeak.

“What’s got you so freaked, man? You’re not having another asthma attack, are you?”

He looks so concerned… How cute…

But not cute enough to distract me from this situation I’ve worked myself into.


“No, no, my breathing’s fine. You know, my room’s really not that exciting, we could hang out in the living room, or-”

Is he… hiding something from me?

“No, I wanna see your room.”

“You really don’t,” Ville told him in a quiet voice, his eyes looking serious.

Bam reached up and brushed the hair out of Ville’s face, staring into his eyes. “You’re scaring me, baby. Please just show it to me?”

The Finn hung his head with a heavy sigh and trudged up the stairs with Bam following.

I can’t believe this is really happening…

What the hell is wrong with him?

Bam understood the moment he stepped into the room. His eyes drifted over the pictures that smothered Ville’s bedroom walls. In every single picture he was met with his own eyes staring back at him.

There’s even a few photographs here…

“Do your parents know your room looks like this?”

Ville shrugged. “They usually give me my privacy,” he explained quietly. He stepped into the room and climbed onto his bed. “So… this is rather awkward.”

Bam couldn’t help but laugh a little. “It’s not every day I find out one of my friends has my face plastered all over his room.”

So now I’ve been demoted to just a ‘friend’.

“Here, I’ll take them down.”

Ville stood and began to carefully taking pictures down; peeling off tape, pulling out staples and yanking out tacks. Bam helped, seeming to respect the pictures just as much as Ville did. They talked lightly as they worked, finally getting every picture off.

The taller boy collected all the pictures together and stored them away in his closet. “There. Less awkward?”

Bam fell back onto the bed, smiling. “Much.”

Ville stretched and laid on the bed next to him.

“You know, behind the whole creepy stalker thing you’re a pretty cool guy.”

“I think the creepy thing adds some mystery,” Ville joked, making Bam laugh. “So what do you wanna do now?”

Bam didn’t answer. Ville raised an eyebrow.

“Bammie?”

“I’ve never kissed a guy before.”

… Well that was random.

“I’ve kissed a few girls, but I’ve never kissed a guy,” he continued.

“And?”

“And I think that since you’re my boyfriend, I should kiss you, right?”

Bam… wants to kiss me?

Bam wants me to be his first kiss with a guy?


Ville shrugged. “I-I guess.”

Bam turned on his side to face Ville. “You do want to kiss me, don’t you?”

Ville was studying his lips. “Huh?”

“Do you want to kiss me?”

Ville nodded and Bam leaned forward, catching Ville’s lips with his own.

I’m in heaven…

Dear god, he’s a good kisser…

A knock on the door broke them apart. A woman’s voice drifted through the door and Ville responded in his native tongue. Bam just watched as Ville searched his own pockets.

“What’s up?”

“She found a phone downstairs.” He pulled his out and frowned. “Did you drop yours?”

Bam searched himself and found no phone. “Must’ve.”

Ville went to the door to take the phone from his mother. He tossed it to Bam as he hopped back on the bed.

“She said it was ringing.”

Bam flipped his phone open and checked his missed calls.

Home? Oh shit…

“It’s my house, my parent’s must’ve called.”

Ville stared at him for a second. “Well?”

“Well what?”

“Aren’t you gonna call back.”

“Oh… right.”

He looks nervous…

“What’s up, Bam?”

“Nothing.”

“Come on, Bam-Bam, tell me.”

Bam sighed. “Ikindasortamaybecameouttomyparentsyesterday.”

… Huh?

“You did what?”

“I… I came out to my parents yesterday. They just stared at me for a minute until I got sick of it and went upstairs to my room. I stayed in there all night and left before any of them were up this morning, so I don’t know if they accepted it or not.”

“… Is that why you wanted to come over today?”

Bam nodded. “It’s not like I don’t like hanging out with you, though.”

“No, I know. So… what’re you gonna do now?”