The Art Of Loving

Chapter Eleven

“I think… I need to call them, huh?”

Ville nodded. “It’d probably be a good idea.”

Bam looked at his phone and sighed. “Do your parents know?”

Ville shrugged “I’ve never come out to them properly, but I think they’ve probably guessed. I don’t think they really care.”

“You’re lucky, then.”

“You don’t know that your parents won’t accept it, Bammie.”

“You didn’t see the way they looked at me…”

Ville rubbed his back soothingly. “So they were shocked. That doesn’t mean they stopped loving you or anything.”

Bam stared at his phone. “I’m scared,” he admitted.

“What’s the worst that could happen?”

Bam looked up with tears forming in his eyes. “They don’t love me. They kick me out. They tell everyone. They never talk to me again.”

‘Oh Bammie…’

Ville smiled sadly. “None of that will happen, love. They’re your family. They’ll love you no matter what, and they’ll find a way to accep tit.”

“Jess might not. I think he and his friends beat up the fags at our school.”

“Well… maybe he’ll stop now that he knows his brother’s one of them.”

Bam jumped as his phone rang. He checked the caller ID. “It’s them.”

Ville wrapped his arms around the skater. “Answer it.”

Bam took a deep breath and flipped the phone open. “Hello?”

‘Please say they accept him…

Please, don’t let my Bammie get hurt…’


Ville could hear April’s voice drift out of the phone.

“Bam?”

“Yeah. It’s me.”

“Where are you?!”

Bam winced at his mother’s screech. “I’m at…” He glanced at Ville and bit his lip. “My boyfriend’s house.”

Ville couldn’t help but smile, despite Bam’s fear. He squeezed the American boy and planted a light kiss on his neck.

‘I never dreamed it would be so easy to make you mine…

I told you we were meant to be together…’


April didn’t speak for a moment. “Oh,” she finally said. “I didn’t know that you had a… that you were with someone.”

“Yeah… you met him. Ville.”

“The foreign boy?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh. I guess you really are…” She stopped herself. “Well, why didn’t you call?”

Bam bit his lip again.

‘She can’t even say it…’

“I..” He looked to Ville, who gave him an encouraging look. “I was scared.”

“Scared?”

“Yeah.”

“Of what?”

“Of what you would do when I got home.”

“Bam-”

She stopped when she heard him sniffle. “Do you still love me?” he asked quietly. Ville could tell just from his voice that he was crying. He frowned and wiped the tears away.

“Honey, of course I still love you… You’re my son, I could never stop loving you, no matter what you did.”

Bam smiled slightly. “What about Dad and Jess?”

“You know your Dad, Bam. He doesn’t care as long as you’re happy. He was just a little shocked, that’s all.”

“And Jess?”

“I… I don’t know, Bam. You’ll have to talk to him yourself.”

Bam sniffled and nodded, even though she couldn’t see him. “Did you want me to come home?”

“Well, dinner’ll be ready soon. If you want, you can bring… your boyfriend.”

Bam smiled and Ville nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah, I think he’d like that. We’ll head right over.”

Bam could almost see her motherly smile. “Okay, Bammie. See you soon.”