Status: Finished

Unus Amor

Chapter Twelve

Today’s the last day of the trip. I will miss feeling free. On a cruise like this one, there are hardly any rules, but above that, you’re always moving. The cool sea mist, and the gorgeous water really effects you.

There is always a dumb last show or concert to send us off. It is really just background noise to all of the “good bye’s” and “find me on facebook’s.” The talent was never very good, but it was always cute. On the arrival they had a bunch of girls dressed up and they sang some cliche welcoming song. It was lame, but I enjoyed it.

Everyone is saying today’s performance is a surprise. Maybe it will be the Jonas Brothers or someone equally as pathetic.

I look to the starboard side of the boat, the terminology I only know because they forced it into our heads the second day, and saw a little family of dolphins. My attention is dragged away by Sean who is notorious for ruining moments.

“What brat?”

“God, I just wanted to let you know your boyfriend is on stage.”

“What? What boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend-”

I turned my head so fast I thought I gave myself whiplash. Up on stage were five teenage boys with too skinny jeans and instruments.

“Lord have mercy.” I said quoting Uncle Jessie. Is this part of the blending in idea? Because if people didn’t already know they were The Maine, they do now.

I was pushed from all directions by middle school girls who were out for blood. I can’t even imagine how this is going to go.

“Hey everybody! How are ya’ll doing?” Does he know this is a family cruise not Warped Tour? “I’m John and we are The Maine!”

I was able to rustle up the strength to yell “Boo!” at the top of my lungs. One girl came at me, but she got hit.

John tried to calm everyone down and you could see the pleading in his eyes.

“Let’s all settle down.” I was about to heckle some more, but the security guard was giving me the try me look. He was 300 pounds of pure muscle. I shrank a little bit, and tried to blend in with the crowd.

“That’s better. Alright, so I actually wrote this song last week, so you guys are the first to hear it!” It’s probably going to be about how he is so sorry, or better yet, about how this is my fault now.

“It’s called Right Girl.”

Got caught running up a tab
Couldn't drive home, so I had to share a cab
Introduced herself by her last name
The kind of girl you steal from the football team
Brought up, a sliver spoon mess
Always trying to tear off her catholic dress
Told me she's over this place
Needs to feel the Midwest wind in her face
But the alcohol made its way down
She was the last thing that I saw last night before I hit the ground

Wow, is this his feeble attempt of getting me back?

I've never been the best with my mouth
Try to say smart, but the dumb comes out
Maybe, I'm shy, I drive an old car,
Maybe, I'm amazed that it got this far
And I got my standbys waiting on the line

But the hardest part is knowing that it won't be her this time

As much as I hate to admit, this was a pretty good song, and I felt special having a song being sung about me and to me.

The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl
It was your world baby and I just lived in it

It was your world baby and I just lived in it.

Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back

“Ash, I’m sorry. I should have told you, but I am stupid. Do you forgive me?”

I hate moments like this. When guys ask their girlfriend to marry them in front of a full stadium, or when they ask them to take them back in front of a bunch of strangers. What am I supposed to say?

“Ummmm.” I feel like everyone deserves a second chance, even though he messed up big time. “Yes. But... no more lies. Ever. Understood?”

The girl who had attacked me had the look of sheer hatred in her eyes. Like how dare I be the one chosen when I was the one who didn’t even like them.

“Promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Think I might either add a last chapter or do a sequel or both!
cliche nautical