Status: writing.

We Are All Broken

Spiral-1

I quietly made my way through the crowd of people towards Jaxson. He seemed to be looking for someone. Maybe it was me. I slowly slid towards him and I jumped onto him. He tensed and whirled around, but seemed excited to see me. “Did I scare you?” I asked, sweetly.
“Psh. No way…” he said sarcastically. I laughed and he smiled at me. “Are you excited to start your first year here at Greenleaf?” he asked.
“You sound like my mother!” I laughed, “but yes, I am very excited. I’ve never been to a boarding school…so I’m looking forward to see what its like.”
“Its not all exciting…you just have to know where you stand. Just stay out of the popular kids’ way and you’ll probably be fine.”
“Thanks for the advice…” I replied. To be honest, I kinda wanted to be popular. I wanted to have fun and they seemed to always be happy and laughing and having a great time. I thought it was better not to tell Jaxson though. He’d probably get angry with me. So I just smiled.
Jaxon and I had met at summer camp. I later told him that I was going to Greenleaf and he seemed excited about it and we kept talking about it non-stop. “Let me see your schedule,” he said, holding his hand out for it. I pulled it out of my back pocket and handed it to him. He pulled out his too. “English together…History together…and lunch together. Not too bad,” he stated, “Do you know what room you’re in?”
“Umm…” I racked my brain with my number and said, “Room 324. I think. Howard Hall.”
“Cool, that’s not too far from my dorm. Room 252. Montgomery Hall.”
“Yay!” I exclaimed, smiling at him. I was excited to know I was close by to him. He was my only friend at Greenleaf so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments appreciated.
Silent readers loved, as always :)