Sequel: Remember Us

Before You Say I Do

Fine

I'm sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight number to be called. I caught myself glancing at the walk way behind me, waiting for Adam to run up and beg me not to leave. But nothing happened. No one came running, screaming my name.

Just as I was boarding the plane I got a text from Finn, he just opened the letter and, well, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU TELL HIM!?!?!??!!

I smile and reply quickly I told him I was Rainy Day Girl, that Tristan wasn't his, showed him the picture of Stephanie and had him go look at the cake since I left a present for him there.

I went to the end of the line waiting for his reply, thanks *add sarcasm*

Sorry. Boarding the plane now, so I'll hear from you in a few hours.

I turn off my phone and slip it into my pocket right before handing the lady my ticket. My seat was a window seat and the guy sitting next to me stood up to let me by. When I sat back down he was staring at me.

“um, hello?” I ask.

“you're Juliana Richards.” he says.

I smile, “yes I am...and you are?”

“Craig. Craig Williams.”

“oh.”

“my fiancee, she's sending me to Maine right now to order a cake from you. I can't believe I'm sitting next to you!”

I laugh, “well I guess it's your lucky day.” I pull out my sketch book, “I'm prepared to design a cake.”

he chuckles, “seriously?”

“why not. It'll save me time later on.” I hand him the book, “so flip through and see if there's anything that interests you. If not, I can sketch something together real quick.”

“my girlfriend is going to freak when she hears about this.” he starts going through the sketch book and I look out my window. It was a clear summer day and everything looked breathtakingly beautiful.

I turn my attention back to Craig who had his fingers tucked in between a couple of pages, “find any?”

“well the first one is my favorite.”

I hesitate for a second, “oh, um I'm sorry but I kind of drew that for me...” I trail off. Before I even got the bakery, I had been sketching out wedding cakes and designed one specifically for Adam and me, assuming that we'd be getting married. He wasn't the only one that was thinking ahead.

“got it, well, there was also another one. The newest entry to the book.” I laugh at the irony.

“that one was just used for the DiGerlando wedding. I try to have the cakes about three months apart. So if your wedding isn't until December or so, I won't make it for you.”

“how about we just design a new one. That'll be more personal anyways, right?”

“right.” I start off by asking questions like I did on every order. The colors were Dark Purple and White, making for, what I would think, an amazing wedding. They had already decided that they wanted flowers at the top instead of a figurine so I drew in some purple and white roses. The cake part had Purple frosting on it, which wasn't traditional like they wanted, with white stripes about half an inch wide, down the edges. According to my drawing, this was going to become a great cake. He took a picture of it to send off to his soon-to-be wife when we got off the plane. Surprisingly, we spent most of the plane ride working on the cake and were only about twenty minutes from landing in Maine.

“I need to regroup this weekend, but stop by the bakery on Monday and we'll work out the rest of the information, okay?”

“yeah, that works great.” Craig replies.

“good, and I'll even give you guys a discount.”

“seriously?!”

“seriously.”

the loudspeaker tells us to buckle up for landing and before I knew it I was back in Maine.

Craig and I say our goodbyes at the gate and I look around the area for my driver.

My eyes fall upon my name and then followed up the young mans body until they reached his face, his eyes, his hair...

My story begins the second I walk into the lobby of the Knox County Regional Airport in Maine.

Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short.
the next part of the series should be up soon, no later than two weeks.
Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!!!
befriend.comment.subscribe.promote.
please.
<3 justrealizelife
P.S. anyone know what the last sentence is from??