Status: a work in progress.

You Hold My Attention Without Even Trying

Chapter One

Meg walked around the packed house looking for her best friend Sophie, who had left her at the car. It has been a total of an hour since she had stepped off the plane at the San Diego airport and she had already managed to lose Phie. Sighing Meg walked over to a table that had ever inch of the surface covered with plastic cups and various bottles of alcohol. Picking up the jim bean she poured herself a drink and continued on her search finally spotting Phie in a room opposite the one with the drinks. She was sitting in a guy’s lap who both looked deep in conversation with 3 other guys.
Meg stopped walking towards them long enough to take a good look at her companions, the one under Sophie had tanned skin, long brown hair that stopped at his shoulders and a side swept fringe, he had his nose pierced and was wearing a black Johnny cupcake shirt, grey denim ¾ pants and black vans. The second guy looked very similar to the first guy except he had his lip piercing and was covered in tattoos he was wearing a black and white stripped tank top, black skinnies with holes in the knees and vans. The third guy had dark brown hair that was spiked up and had a dyed blonde patch in the front he was wearing a light blue we are dead shirt with black skinnies and vans. The fourth guy had dark brown almost black hair...(well from what little Meg could see of it as he was wearing a black SD hat that covered most of his hair that’s the colour it looked) he was wearing a white SD tank top with black skinnies, he as well was covered in tattoos, he also had snakebites, a microdermil and massive gauges. At that moment he looked up and noticed Meg. Blushing slightly Meg looked away from him and continued to walk towards Sophie.
“gee thanks for ditching back there...its not like i haven’t been here before”
“oh thats good then i didn’t have to worry about you” came the sarcastic reply from Phie. Slapping her arm lightly Meg faked a Shock/hurt face before laughing along with her.
“so these are the people that stole you away from me” Meg said sighing.
“yeah....well Ohio is a hole besides San Diego has better beaches” said Phie
“Ohio may be a hole and San Diego may be better then it but they are both better then THAT place” meg shuddered
“true that” laughed Phie
“so who are your “brightly” coloured friends?” asked Meg emphasizing the brightly.
“hey! I resent that. My shirt is clearly light blue” said the guy with the we are dead shirt.
“oh sorry.. who are your brightly coloured friends....and that guy?” corrected Meg while pointing at blue shirt.
“oh sorry i forgot introductions.... this is Vic” she said bouncing slightly on the guy she was sitting on “ this is his brother Mike” pointing to the guy in the striped tank “the guy next to him is Jamie” she pointed over to the guy in the blue top
“you can call me Hi-me though” smiled Jamie
“Hi-me?” Meg smiled back as he nodded his head.
“and this....” Phie said while putting her hands on the shoulders of the guy with the hat “this is Tony”
Tony smiled and did a sort of awkward half wave.
“hi” Meg said as she smiled at all of them. Tony, Phie and Vic moved over so Meg could sit down with them.
“nice shirt” Meg hears Tony say as she sat down next to him
“thanks” she replied while looking down at her shirt that was black with Darth Vader on a dark blue starry backdrop. Meg was also wearing black skinnies and dark blue converse.
“does that mean you like star wars?” he asked
Meg turned to look at him and smiled widely “Hell Yes i do!”
watching as Tony pulled his knuckles together, Meg’s smile widens at the site of Star Wars tattooed across them.
“nice” Meg says
“what do you think of harry potter?” Mike askes while leaning forward in his seat.
“i love harry potter” Meg tells him honestly
Mike smiles as Vic says “ i think your going to fit right in, which makes Meg smile.
“do you have any tattoos?” askes Hi-me “or is it just the piercings?”
MEG POV
“sure do” you reply
“go on show them” laughs Phie
“i don’t know why your laughing” you tell her as you stand up so they can see.
You pull your knuckles together to show them your batman knuckles, then tipping your hands down you show them the swallows on both your hands with the banner “fly free”, then moving up to your arms you show them the left one first with your celtic cross just below you elbow, the ariel on the back of your arm and the alpha symbol from the book “sisters red” on your wrist, moving to your right arm you show them the panda design going from your shoulder to your elbow, you lift up your top to show them the raven on your left ribs, turning around you show then the pin up girls on each hip.
“is that Sophie?” Hi-me askes
“yes” you laugh turning back around ou put your top back down and move to show them your chest piece. A storm troopers head on a bed of roses with a banner saying “no roses grow on a troopers grave”
“that is amazing, it must have hurt” said Tony
“wow” sighed Mike
“i still don’t understand that one” says Phie
“thats because you refuse to watch star wars with me” you reply
“me too” says Tony
“is that all of them?” askes Vic
“no i have one on both of my feet, one on the back of each leg, one on each thigh” you say while slapping your outer thighs “which im sure you’ll enjoy” you say to Tony.
“plus these” you say showing them your harry potter prison numbers on the back of your neck, the finger moustache on you left point finger and the cult tattoos on your ears.
“wow you almost have more then Mike and Tony” laughed Vic
“do you have any?” you ask while sitting back down
“no, not for me. But they have some” he says pointing to Hi-me, Tony and Mike
“you guys will have to show me sometime seeing i just showed you mine” you laugh
“only if you show us your other ones” Mike says
“maybe later on tonight” you say
“later on tonight” they agree
♠ ♠ ♠
ok this is my first attempt at writing a fanfiction, please be kind :)
comments are welcome, thanks for reading.