Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

You're the Only One I Wish I Could Forget

Hey, we’re home! Do you want to come over to mine, Jared, and Kenny’s apartment tonight for a welcome home celebration? –John

Of course! I’ve missed you guys so much! –Parker-Blaine

I smiled to myself. I was so excited the guys were back in town. They had gone on tour right after my pageant which was in early November. It was now the middle of January and they were finally back home. I had decided to stay home from this tour so I could continue going to school and working at the clothing store so I was looking forward to tonight and spending some time with them.

Great! Actually there’s someone I want to meet. She’ll be there tonight. –John

I read the text and the smile immediately dropped off my face. Suddenly, I wasn’t looking forward to tonight. I was just sitting there willing myself not to cry when my phone suddenly rang. I prayed that it wasn’t John because he’d be able to tell that something was wrong. I looked at my caller id and saw Katy’s name flash across the screen.

“Hello.” I said as I answered my phone.

“Hey pretty lady. What’s going on in Arizona?” Katy’s bubbly voice came through the phone, instantly making me feel a bit better.

“Not much. College, work, shopping, the usual. How’s Cali?”

“Fine. I actually broke up with Travie.”

“What?!”

“Yeah, I was tired of putting up with his shit. His drug use just got worse after Warped and it was affecting our relationship. I gave him an ultimatum and he chose his drugs so I left.”

“I’m sorry Katy.” I answered to her shocking news.

“It’s ok. I mean I’m still a little upset but I’ll get over it. We just weren’t meant to be. So have you told John about your feelings yet?”

I sighed and said, “No, not yet.”

“Parker-Blaine, you need to tell him!” Katy scolded over the phone.

“Why? I’ve gone 20 years without telling him and everything’s just fine. Plus I think he has a girlfriend. The boys just got back from tour and he told me there’s someone he wants me to meet.”

“Shit.”

I laughed bitterly as I said, “Yeah.”
___________________________________________________________________

I walked up to the door of John, Jared, and Kennedy’s apartment and rang the bell.

Kennedy answered and quietly said, “I’m sorry Parker-Blaine.”

I immediately knew he was talking about whoever John wanted to introduce me to so I just said, “Please don’t look at me with pity in your eyes, Kenny. I can’t handle it.”

Kennedy just gave me a small smile and then let me into the house. I heard the sound of running footsteps and saw Pat coming towards me.

“Parker-Blaine, I missed you so much! Do you know what I realized? I can’t stand the thought of my life without you. Will you marry me?” Pat asked while hugging me.

I just laughed and said, “Get me a big enough ring and we’ll talk, Pat.”

“Sweet! Parker-Blaine Kirch. I like the sound of that.”

I started laughing again but the sound immediately died when I saw the girl standing by John, holding his hand.

John came over to hug me and then introduced his “friend.” “PB this is Kasey. She’s the merch girl for Boys Like Girls and my girlfriend.”

I shook the girl’s hand as I said, “Hi, I’m Parker-Blaine, John’s best friend.” Gosh this girl was beautiful. She had long, dark hair and bright green eyes. She was exotic looking which I knew I couldn’t compete with thanks to my “All-American” looks.

We all sat down to supper and I seriously wanted to shoot myself. Not only was Kasey extremely pretty, she was incredibly nice. I probably would have wanted to be friends with her if she wasn’t dating John.

Supper was finally over and John got up to take Kasey back to her hotel. I could feel the tears coming so I decided to go outside. I didn’t want the boys to see me cry and I especially didn’t want Garrett and Pat asking me why I was crying.

I was outside for a couple minutes when Jared came outside to join me.

“I’m really sorry Parks.”

I smiled at him through my tears and said, “It’s not your fault Jared.”

“I know. I just hate seeing you upset.”

“Yeah, today’s just a really bad day. The Miss America pageant is today and I’m upset that I’m not there and then John drops the girlfriend bombshell so that just made it worse.”

Jared hugged me and said, “I didn’t realize today was the pageant. I’m really sorry Parks.”

We sat there for a couple minutes in silence until Jared said, “I still think you should tell John that you love him.”

“Are you kidding me Jared? He has Kasey now. She is so nice and gorgeous. I can’t tell him.”

“Well I may be biased but I like you ten times better than Kasey. She’s nice but you’re nicer and more interesting. She’s pretty but I think you’re 10 times prettier.”

“Thanks Jared.”

I suddenly heard the door open and saw John step outside.

“PB why are you crying?”

Jared looked at me and then went back inside as I said, “I’m not crying.”

“Parker-Blaine, don’t lie to me.” John said sternly.

I sighed and said, “Fine. Today’s the Miss America pageant and I’m just a little upset about that.”

“Shit PB. I forgot that was today. I’m sorry.”

“No big deal. Oh… I…umm… I like Kasey by the way.”

“I’m glad. I figured you would. I think she’s coming with us to Warped this year so you’ll have someone to hang out with since Katy isn’t playing Warped this year.” John said excitedly.

Great. I honestly don’t think life could get much worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate me for giving John a girlfriend! lol