Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

Please Don't Go

Today was the day I had been dreading all summer… my first day of college. The only reason I was going to college is because I felt as if I was supposed to go. Everyone expected it of me. I would have much rather toured with the guys or helped them with other band things.

I stood in one of the many parking lots at the University of Arizona. My own father couldn’t even bring me to college because he was away on business so the O’Callaghans drove all of my stuff and me here. I had already said my goodbyes to the rest of the boys which sucked but I knew saying bye to John would be even worse.

“Hey, PB, don’t look so sad. This isn’t goodbye; it’s just see you later.” John said as he came to stand next to me.

“J, I don’t think I can do this. Don’t leave me.” I whispered as I stared at all of the people surrounding me.

“Parker-Blaine, you can do this. You’re just freaking out right now but within a week you’ll love college.” John tried to reassure me.

“No, I’m serious. I can’t do this. Let me back into the car right now and let’s go home.” I pleaded.

“I had to ride in the car with my dad for two hours and listen to him talk about how I should be going to college also. I’m not going to let you just leave without giving college a chance after I had to go through that.”

“Fine. It just sucks that I have to be so far away from you.” I mumbled, praying that the tears wouldn’t start.

John sighed and said, “I know PB. The most we’ve been apart these past six years has just been about two weeks. Now we’ll have to go four months without each other.” John was trying to seem tough but I could tell that he was close to crying.

I tightly hugged him and said, “Don’t cry J. If you start I will completely lose it.”

John’s mom came walking up about this time and said, “Well everything’s in your room Parker-Blaine.”

I pulled away from John and wiped my eyes as I said, “Thanks momma O. Also, thanks for bringing me here too since my dad was too busy.”

“Anytime dear. You know that you’re like a daughter to us. Now go and have a wonderful time at college.”

The O’Callaghans piled into their car leaving me all alone at this strange place without my best friend.

This was going to suck.
_________________________________________________________________
John’s POV


I turned around to take one last look at Parker-Blaine as we drove away. She looked like a lost little girl standing there in the middle of the University of Arizona campus. I wanted to tell my dad to stop the car so I could get out and run back towards PB. I couldn’t do that though. I had already made the choice that college wasn’t for me and I didn’t regret it. I just wish that I could be with PB.

“Parker-Blaine is doing the right thing by going to college. Maybe you should consider putting this band on hold, John, and go to college also.” My dad said from the front seat.

“Dad, I’ve told you a thousand times before. I’m happy with the decision I made. Right now the band feels right to me.” I answered.

“Well I think you’re making a mistake.”

I just sat in the backseat in silence. My dad and I had been having this argument all through my senior year and this summer. Usually PB was around to act as a buffer and to stick up for me but she was now two hours away from me. For the first time in six years I was going to have to learn how to survive without my best friend.

This was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit
I know this chapter is kind of short but I figured I'd just do a quick update before my week starts and I get busy. If you're feeling super nice you should comment, subscribe, or read my other story :)
Have a good week.