Status: Finished

You Don't Know What You Do to Me

Take Me Home

My alarm rang way too early the next morning. I groaned and got up before I noticed that John wasn’t there. I threw on some clothes and my glasses while I waited for him to show up. Since today was my last final I decided to be lazy and not care how I looked. I finally finished getting ready and John still wasn’t back. I was beginning to panic when he came walking in the door with Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and some donuts.

“Here you go PB. I thought you could use some breakfast before your final.” John said smiling as he handed me coffee.

“Thanks John. You’re the best!” I said as I grabbed one of the coffees and a donut and then ran out the door to take my final.

I walked towards my class which sadly Ryan was in so I’d have to see him. That’s how we had actually met. We began talking in class and then things had progressed from there until we were dating, that is until he cheated on me.

I walked in the door of the classroom and stopped abruptly. Sitting in the front row where he normally sat was Ryan except he now had a black eye. He also had a bit of dried blood on his face so whoever hit him must have done it recently. I had a pretty good guess as to who had given him that black eye.

I finished my final and then walked quickly back to my room. I walked in and saw that John was napping but I didn’t care.

“John Cornelius O’Callaghan the fifth!” I screamed.

“Fuck! Why did you have to scream Parker-Blaine? I was sleeping.” John grumbled while sitting up.

“I thought I told you last night to not do anything to Ryan.” I said marching over to where John was sitting.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about.” John said but then smirked so I knew he was lying.

“I’m pretty sure you do… He has a black eye!”

“Fine, so I may have hit him this morning before I got the coffee. He totally deserved it though. No one sleeps with my best friend and then cheats on her and gets away with it. Please don’t be angry.”

“As much as I want to be angry, I can’t be. You’re right, he did deserve it. So thanks.” I said hugging John and then continued. “Come on! Let’s gather everything up and get out of here. I’m ready to be home and see everyone.”

John and I grabbed all of my stuff and went out to his car. He started the car and we began the two hour drive back to Tempe.

We sat in silence for a while until I said, “I’m not going back there J.”

John glanced at me and said, “You can’t let one asshole make you run away PB.”

“I’m not leaving because of him. Yeah, he hurt me but I’ll eventually get over it. I don’t want to go back because I hate it there. I know that college is what you’re “supposed” to do but I have no clue what I want to major in or do with the rest of my life. All I know is that U of A is not the place for me. I’m going to take some time off and then go back to a different college later once I figure out what I want to do. I honestly can’t stay at U of A for another second, much less another semester.”

“I support you no matter what your decision is Parks. This is kind of selfish but I’m glad you’re not going back because I’ve missed you so much. Hey… the guys and I are going out to LA in February or March to record our CD. Do you want to go with us?”

“Of course!”

“So what are you going to tell your dad?” John questioned.

I sighed and said, “I have no clue. I’m sure he won’t be very happy. As if he has any right to judge me though. He hasn’t been home for more than a month since I was 14. I’ll probably tell him when we’re at my grandma’s in Alabama. She’ll be on my side.”

My grandma was the best. She was my father’s mother and had been the one to help me the most after my mom’s death. I was her favorite grandchild even though she’d never admit it. She always supported me and was always there for me, especially since my dad barely was. She had even met John one summer when she came to Arizona to visit. They actually hit it off immediately. She loved John and John liked her a lot too. I would be completely lost without my grandma.

“Everything will work out PB. If you need help or anything let me know.” John said smiling at me.

“Thanks J.” I answered and then turned up the radio to sing along.

I had no clue what I would be doing after Christmas break. I just knew that I would not be going back to University of Arizona and be separated from my best friend again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit Aww so John beat up Ryan the douche bag*. I hope you like this update. I'll probaly try to update once more this weekend becasue I don't think I'll get to update any this week since it's midterms week :( Comments and subscriptions make me extremely happy.
*Please note that I do not condone violence of any kind. Even if it's being used on douche bags hahaha