Status: I am working on it, but once you comment. Help make this one bigger than the prequel!!!!!

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 10

“Ok do you want me to stay in the waiting room or come with you?” I asked since she doesn’t know me that well.

“Come with me.” She said quietly. I nodded and we walked inside the building. A bunch of people looking at me with a disgusted look. I shrugged it off. They don’t know Maine’s story. I went to the desk and looked at the lady.

“Maine Lauren.” I said. She looked through a file and smiled.

“Here to see Dr. Youssarian. Please sit and wait until a nurse comes and gets you.” She said handing Maine a note card. We sat down and she looked around.

“They’re all staring at me.” She whispered.

“Don’t let them get to you.” I said.

“Maine Lauren.” A nurse said and we got up. She walked in front of me and we went to a room.

“ok please step on this scale.” She said. Maine took off her shoes and stepped on.

“105. How old are you?” She asked.

“15.” Maine answered. The nurse nodded and checked her height.

“Ok seems perfect. Now you’re here for a pregnancy test and an ultrasound?” She asked. Maine nodded and the nurse took her blood pressure.

“Ok a little high, but understandable since you’re about t find out if you’re pregnant.” She said standing.

“Dr. Youssarian will be in here in a minute.” She said and walked out.

“So, how far along do you think you are?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” She said honestly. Someone knocked on the door and opened it.

“Hi I’m Dr. Youssarian.” A young blonde woman said.

“I’m Maine.” Maine said.

“Well I hope so, I really don’t think this young man will like it if he were pregnant.” She laughed.

“Is he the father?” She asked.

“God no, he’s my step dad.” She said looking at me. I smiled. The doctor nodded and motioned for Maine to lie down. I sat back while the doctor checked her.

“Well honey, it looks as if you are most defiantly pregnant. Ok on to the ultrasound. Maine pulled her shirt up and the doctor put the blue gel on her belly.

“Ok we’re going to see how far along you are since I can see a small bump.” She said. Maine nodded and looked at the screen.

“Ok so here is what looks to be the head. Now its too early to tell the sex but it looks as if you are about, give or take, 15 weeks.” She said.

“Three months?” Maine asked.

“Yes ma’am.” The doctor said taking the wand off and handing Maine a paper to wipe her stomach off.

“Now go to the front desk to schedule an appointment for a month from now. We may get to see the sex of the child then.” The doctor said and walked out. Maine got down and walked out. She held her head down. I went to the desk and the lady looked up.

“Ok does, December 28 sound ok?” She asked. I nodded and she handed us a paper and we left. Maine got in the car and I buckled.

“I’m gonna stop to get something to eat, then we’re gonna go home and you are gonna unpack your room.” I said. She nodded and looked out the window.

“Maine it’s not that bad. Yeah raising a kid is hard, but think about what your sister has sacrificed just so she could give you a good home, and me, I have to raise two babies, not one, but two.” I said. She looked at me and sighed.

“I know, it’s just that I’ll be sixteen by the time I have the baby and I won’t have any teenage years.” She said. I nodded and the car got quiet. I stopped at the Beach Café and got three sandwiches and two sodas and a water for Maine.

I walked out and got in the car. I drove home and Maine grabbed her food ate it with me in the living room and went to her room to get her room unpacked. My phone started ringing and I answered it.

“Hello.” I said with a mouthful of food.

“Nice Zacky. Um so how did it go?” Monica asked.

“Well she is pregnant, the doctor said about three months. Next appointment on December 28 and she might find out the sex.” I said.

“Wow so I’m gonna be an aunt. To a child whose mother is 15.” She said. I sighed.

“She’s unpacking her room and is a little sad. But I got you a sandwich and a soda.” I said.

“Alright I’m on my way home right now, or will be after I go to the store.” She said.

“Alright, see ya later.” I said and hung up. I stood and put my garbage away. I think I might go put my music stuff in the extra room. I grabbed my guitar stuff and ran it upstairs. I walked to Maine’s room and she was unpacking pictures of her friends.

“I’m gonna go get something from the store. Monica will be home soon. So, just finish this ok?” I asked.

“Yeah whatever.” She said. I walked away and went to my car. I got un and drove to the local Sears. I walked to the area with desks and I looked around. I found this corner one that was huge and had a lot of shelves. I looked for the box and found it. I took it out and some dude came over to help me get it onto a cart. I brought it home and started to unpack it in my office. I looked at the instructions and groaned.

“Always has to be in Spanish or some language I don’t understand.” I said. Monica popped up around the corner and looked at me with her eyebrow raised.

“It’s in Spanish. I don’t understand it.” I whined.

“Too bad, Michelle called and asked if the twins could stay over at their house tonight.” She said.

“Yeah sure.” I said and tried to concentrate on this desk. I sat there for four hours putting this together and when I was done, I sat in the chair and sighed. I went to the boxes and started putting things in their places. I walked out of the room and went to Maine’s and she was sitting on her bed doing homework by the looks of it. I walked in and sat on the end of her bed.

“We aren’t doing this because we hate you.” I said.

“I know, its to protect me.” She said looking up from her book.

“Monica feels really bad right now, like she failed at being a guardian.” I said. She looked at my eyes and tears started falling out of her eyes.

“I never meant for this to happen. So much stuff has happened in my life, I just, don’t know.” She cried. I stood up and walked out. I went downstairs and to Monica, who was sitting in the kitchen making dinner.

“You sister feels really bad.” I said. She shrugged.

“She made the decision to have sex, now she has to deal with the consequences.” She said. I hugged around her waist.

“You don’t mean that.” I said and kissed her neck.

“Brian just called saying the Michelle’s water broke.” She said nonchalantly.

“So I have to go get the twins?” I asked. She nodded and turned to face me.

“Yes.” She said.

“That means I don’t get to have my way with you tonight.” I said and kissed her.

“Nope it doesn’t. But I’m going up to the hospital right now, Brian said that his dad is watching the twins, if that’s ok with you.” She said.

“I have nothing against him.” I said. She pushed my out of the way and grabbed her purse.

“You coming?” She asked. I thought about it for a second and nodded.

“Maine.” Monica yelled up the stairs. Maine appeared at the top step.

“Me and Zacky are going out. Have whatever you find for dinner.” Monica said and Maine nodded. We walked out and got in my SUV. I drove to the hospital and we walked to the room that Michelle was in. Monica walked over to Michelle and hugged her.

“So you ready to be a dad?” I asked. He nodded.

“Yeah.” He said.

“So is anyone else coming up?” I asked.

“Later probably. Thanks for coming up.” He said. I nodded and sat down on the chair.

“Hey Zacky.” Michelle said. I nodded at her. This is going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!!

sorry. Read please???