Status: I am working on it, but once you comment. Help make this one bigger than the prequel!!!!!

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 4

I sat on a barstool and looked around. God the last time I was here was just over a year ago. I grab my beer and put it to my lips. I take a drink and smile.

“Dude there’s a chick looking at you.” Jimmy said.

“Really who?” I asked. He pointed behind the bar to a blonde girl with a Johnny’s Bar shirt on.

“The bartender?” I asked looking at him.

“Yeah.” He said. “Have fun.” I flipped him off and she walked over.

“Can I get you another beer?” She asked.

“Sure. My name’s Zacky.” I said and she smiled.

“Monica, but my friends call me Monnie.” She said. She handed me my beer and looked at me.

“I get off in a few minutes, why don’t I go punch out and meet you here? Then we can get out of here.” She said. I smiled, but then remembered Seeger and Sierra.

“Um, yeah that would be ok, but I have to kids at home and, this is going to sound extremely bad, but I live with my friend for now.” I said. She nodded.

“That’s ok, we could watch a movie or talk, get to know each other.” She said.

“That sounds way safer.” I said. She smiled and disappeared. Matt walked up to me and smiled.

“Is Zacky getting some action tonight?” He asked. I shook my head.

“I don’t want to do that, I have kids, and dude I’m staying at your house. We’re gonna get to know each other.” I said. He nodded.

“You don’t want to move so fast, not like you did with Sam.” He said. Once he mentioned her name, I immediately was overwhelmed with emotions.

“Yeah, with her I fucked her, she got pregnant, I left her for Gena and then she died, yeah I really don’t want the same thing to happen.” I said finishing off my beer. Monica walked back out and I smiled at her.

“Let’s go.” I said and she showed me to her car.

“So where are you staying?” She asked.

“62W566 Westminster Ave.” I said. She nodded and drove over there. She parked in front of the house and we got out.

“First, I have to see my kids.” I said. She nodded and we walked inside. I heard laughing coming from the living room. I walked over and saw Val and Michelle playing with Sierra. I walked in and Val looked up.

“Hey Zacky, who’s she?” Val asked pointing to Monica.

“A friend.” I said picking up Sierra.

“Sure, a friend.” She said.

“We’re gonna talk, plus Sierra and Seeger will be sleeping down there with me.” I said. She nodded and I pointed to Seeger.

“Grab him Michelle.” I said and she picked him up and followed me to the basement. I put Sierra down in the crib thing and Michelle put Seeger down.

“I’ll see ya tomorrow.” She said and left. Monica stood to the side.

“Sorry, um well this is my room, not much but, I’ll be moving soon anyways.” I said. I sat down and Monica followed.

“Ok tell me your story and I’ll tell you mine.” I said. She smiled and got comfy.

“It’s a long one.” She said. I shrugged.

“So is mine.” I said.

“Well, my full name is Monica Arrie Feraine. Um, I am a natural blonde, I was born in Minnesota, my mom is disappointed in me for being a bartender. I am in college to be a doctor. That’s basic info. My child hood was ok, I guess, my dad left my mom when I was about three, I haven’t seen him since. My mom is a complete whore, she was with a different guy every week. I have six brothers and two sisters. I am the oldest.” She said.

“Wow.” I said simply.

“Yeah, my youngest sister is 15. My mom had eight kids in ten years. Um we kept getting kicked out and having to move. When I was 17 I ran away, hopped on a train and rode it here. I went to my last year of school here, then started college. When I turned 21 I asked Johnny if I could get a job and he said sure. And now here I am.” She said. I nodded.

“Wow that’s a really harsh childhood.” I said.

“Yeah it is, but if I wouldn’t have happened I wouldn’t have met you. Oh and I have full custody over my little sister Maine.” She said.

“Cool. And now onto my story.” I said. I told her everything, all the way up till now.

“So you’re in the band my sister is oh so obsessed with?”She asked.

“I guess. Hey I know this may sound way too soon, but do you want to come with me when I bring my kids to the doctor and then go to a BBQ?” I asked. She looked at me and smiled.

“I would be honored. But, am I going to the BBQ as a friend?” She asked.

“For now.” I smiled. She looked at me.

“We should watch a movie.” She said. I nodded and grabbed the baby monitor as I stood up.

“Since I have no TV down here let’s go watch a movie in the Theater.” I said. She got up and went to the door as I turned on the big monitor and walked out turning off the light. WE walked up the stairs and went to the Theater. I grabbed a movie, being Finding Nemo. It’s a great movie. My kids have made me soft. Shit. I put it in and sat down. Monica sat down on the couch and I sat next to her and put my arm around her and she looked at me. We watched the movie, all the way through; I didn’t get interrupted by anyone, not Val or Michelle, or my kids. When the movie ended it was almost two in the morning.

“Well I better get home. Um what time should I be over here to go with you?” She asked standing.

“Um the appointment is at 10 so around 830, we can get something to eat beforehand.” I said. She nodded and gave me a hug. I walked her out to her car and saw that Matt’s car wasn’t here, neither Brian’s but Chelle’s gone. I shrugged and walked inside and went down to my room, checked the kids and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah a little info on Monica. She is going to be a big part of the story from now on.

Toxi~OUT