Status: I am working on it, but once you comment. Help make this one bigger than the prequel!!!!!

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 3

I sighed and continued to watch the TV.

“So Brian and Michelle are coming over.”

“Ok, and?” I asked.

“Brian needs to talk with Matt about recording again.” Val said. I looked at her.

“What about me?” I asked. Sitting up more.

“He said that he didn’t want to put the burden of having to raise two kids on your own and be in a band.” She said.

“But I am still a member of the band.” I said.

“Dude, don’t worry, we’ll get it figured out.” Matt said. I nodded and looked at the TV. I heard Seeger start to fuss and Val stood up and went out in the back, by the water. They live right by the river. I got up and grabbed Sierra and walked downstairs. It was getting warm in here and the basement is a whole hell of a lot cooler. I put her on my bed and laid next to her. She opened her eyes a little and looked at me. She smiled and I smiled back. Gosh she looks so much like Sam, it hurts. I rubbed my finger down the side of her face. She moved and squirmed. She was the first to laugh out of her and Seeger, I think Seeger isn’t developing the right way. I’ll have to take him to the doctor. I grabbed my cell phone an typed in the doctors offices number.

“Hello Huntington Beach Children’s Hospital, how may we help you?” A lady asked.

“Um can I schedule an appointment?” I asked.

“Sure, let me see, who is your doctor?” She asked.

“Dr. Whingler.” I said. She made a noise and I waited.

“Alright, the only opening within the next week for Dr. Whingler is tomorrow morning at 10.” She said. I thought about it.

“Ok that’s fine.” I said.

“What is your name?” She asked.

“Zacky Baker.” I said.

“Ok do you live at 16N5 N. Beach Lane?” She asked.

“Um yes but I’ll be moving.” I said.

“Before tomorrow morning?” She asked.

“No.” I said.

“Ok, we will send the bill to that house. Will Dr. Whingler be seeing both Seeger and Sierra?” She asked.

“Um, yeah, but mainly Seeger, I have some questions.” I said standing and walking to the chair in the corner found earlier.

“Alright we’ll see you tomorrow morning at 10.” She said and hung up. I hung up and saw Sierra looking at me. I got up and walked over to her. She smiled and I picked her up. I held her to my shoulder and she gurgled. I chuckled and walked upstairs and noticed that Brian and Michelle were here. Michelle was goggling over Seeger when she noticed me holding Sierra. She smiled and walked over.

“Gosh she has gotten so much cuter since this morning.” She said. I smiled and went onto the porch. I sat down at the table and sat Sierra down. She started to whine a few minutes after.

“Hey Val can you be nice to me and grab the diaper bag?” I asked and she smiled and nodded leaving for a little bit. When she came back she had the bag and handed it to me. I took out a bottle and shook it. I put Sierra down in my arms and put the bottle to her lips. She started to eat and I smiled.

“You look like such a soft guy.” Michelle squealed.

“Thanks?” I asked, tired.

“So what are you doing with the twins tomorrow?” Val asked with a mischievous smile on her small face.

“Taking them to the doctor in the morning then nothing probably.” I said.

“Why are you taking them to the doctor?” Val and Michelle asked and the same time.

“Because Seeger isn’t developing very fast and I just want to know that everything is ok.” I said. They nodded and Matt and Brian walked out.

“Hey man. Where’s Seeger?” Brian asked. I pointed at Val and he saw Seeger in her arms eating. He nodded and sat down.

“So Matt said that you wanted to still be in Avenged Sevenfold.” Brian said. I nodded.

“Just because I have kids doesn’t mean that I can’t go on tour, I just don’t want to go until after they are a year.” I said.

“We know, just thought that you would want them to have a normal life and shit.” Brian said.

“Michelle is going to have your kid soon, you still gonna think that same?” I asked. Brian looked at me.

“Shit I forgot about that.” He said after a minute.

“How can you forget a cow like me?” Chelle asked.

“You are not a cow.” Brian said and kissed her.

“So, do you want to record?” Brian asked.

“Well yeah.” I said.

“Ok I’m gonna talk with Jimmy and Johnny and then we’ll go from there. Now onto other news, we’re having a barbeque tomorrow, your all invited.” Brian said.

“Ok.” I said.

“Oh and I’m flying my dad out here so he can see his grandkids.” Brian mumbled.

“Finally gave in to dear ol’ daddy?” Michelle laughed.

“Yes, I, did, unfortunately because he wants to move out here again.” He said.

“Isn’t it my choice on whether he sees them?” I asked.

“Technically .” Brian said.

“So I can be a complete ass and not let him see them?” I smiled at the thought.

“Yeah, you could.” Matt said putting his arm around Val’s shoulder.

“Hey Val can you watch the twins?” I asked.

“Why?” She asked.

“Cause I want to go out drinking with my friends.” I said and they looked at me oddly.

“Um, yeah I guess, you have been a little stressed lately.” She said. I looked and Matt and Brian and they were smiling.

“Well we’re gonna go hang with Jimmy and Johnny, see ya later.” Matt said and we got up and walked out. I got in Matt’s SUV and we drove over to Johnny’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gave in again...... So yeah the guys are going out drinking. Wonder what will happen....

Toxi~OUT